Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
juzcallmesnake

Escapism in life and survival

2 posts in this topic

Escapism  is a very bad habit no matter if it is by mentally allowing yourself to drift or focus on things not based in reality or the moment.

This is also one of the main reasons for drug abuse and all the Ism's from alcoholism, over eating. to gambling.  Hormones from mental effects of comfort food to Opioid dependency.

I am on this because a friend who is being treated at a satellite V.A. facility and because I do not know all the particulars I have to stop short of making any accusations, all I do know is he has had some very bad symptoms and  real deep wounds and is getting to a point where he is not mobile. My consideration is that he is complaining of constant pain and because most all the effective pain medications are opioid based it "appears" that the Rules or issuing medication are not pain related or reasonable threshold that there must be pain doctors are no longer given the ability to prescribe pain medications and it is coming to a point where I fear that more people will be committing suicide or not using doctors and opt for street drugs in lieu of real treatment starting an avalanche of real medial problems and crime.

Vacuums create drug kingpins like prohibition  created a move wealthy mob, the FEDS put a hurt on the mob and gangs came in it is the stupidity of lawyers and the criminal justices system with pressure of well meaning do gooders has always been the problem.  Prescriptions are not enforced there is no database for issue of any drug that needs to be tracked for a number of reasons.  People in pain are almost as bad off as violent people because their minds are not rational.  

One of the reasons making this post is that we all need to be in on the dialog and not allow a bureaucracy the power to make us all miserable because what next painful dentistry if we are not going to allow people with long term pain help then no one needs it or for dentistry or pregnancy or day surgery because where does it end and why should people become doctors if they are not in control of helping the patient ?

Opioid are no better or worse than any other addictive substance I have seen people over 400 pounds are we going to put a limit on their buying of food or sugars, We know that diet soda actually causes weight gain and excessive salt and some of the sugar substitutes have been blamed for cancers and medical problems then the companies make a small chemical alteration and it is now a new fangled product yet to have a history of medial injuries we are being tricked and the trickery is harming people and making corporations millions and billions.

I just read a piece in a seniors paper that stated that copper is a cold remedy they made some odd bold statements that as I recall were attributed to silver. I do not want to throw cold water on the powers that be but anything including vitamins and natural remedies have been under scrutiny by the FD A for control and be brought under prescribed medications I do not mind a registry as doctors need to know as some medications and homeopathic remedies can interact dangerously but as far as making everything a controlled substance is ridiculous, remember that grapefruit juice is a well known contributor to efficacy of medications and can like alcohol neuter the medications effect of magnify. St. Johns wart and some common sleeping aids can when mixed with prescriptions in the right combinations cause serious illness even death directly or indirectly.

I do not want to seem insensitive but when people blame objects for the death of loved ones I get a real pain in my posterior, first if we're so damed worried about guns because they cause death I guess then alcohol and vehicles should be first on the list.  Opioid's  are being blamed for all the societal ills of bullying lying hate bigotry inflicted on people causing panic attacks depression self loathing paranoia and many negative human actions, people in the eye of the storm due to these human created issues look for something to ease the perceived  pain, once a fix works more is desired,  instead of confronting or trying to overcome the social issue many choose to bury their feelings in the many facets of abuses and there are hundreds some people turn to sex drugs medications food others go into buying tons of stuff to fill the void in their lives.  I have seen people buy hundreds of dollars of scratch-offs and win then buy more looking for the top prize and that will not satisfy. Married people with numerous conquests needing more more more spiraling  down into all kinds of addictions that are just as addictive, debilitating  or destructive. and taking the person to the brink of suicide even murder.

Our government is over reacting  and instead of creating a database to provide us better wellbeing instead, the way they are going about it is going to explode the drug trade and we already know that for years the deep state has trafficked illegal substances either that or members have been padding their bank accounts and retirement funds and remember heroin is an opioid so when you hear opioid addiction ask which one and the other problem is theft by a family members of legal drugs .

The government wants to turn us all into snitches, here is the problem anyone can accuse anyone of anything if the power uses this as a open warrant to invade your home property or investigate your private social media it's your fault because your being told that this is the battleground, the lines have been drawn and your on notice that "WE" as a free people either take this on or it will swallow us whole and literally be worse that the civil war your family could use this to get you out of the way put you in prison or make you a ward of the state in a mental institution. place you on a no fly list,  travel ban or watch list that is not open to the publics view / secret list like  blackball or scarlet letter for example.  many years ago a friend was accused of impropriety with his step daughter after a proper investigation he was totally exonerated but not without a whole lot of stress and pain, the daughter admitted she was mad and wanted revenge these types of incidents can get blown into some horrific accusations and people getting set up and we all know your guilty until a well paid lawyer proves otherwise.  

wally likes this

Anything that is over used is bad for you. "Everything in moderation" is the old caution. We have thrown that out of the window and theses days its all about give me more..and make it easy to get.

Even biblical sin is about moderation. 

wally likes this