Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Miket

Just saying hello

4 posts in this topic

Hi,

I am new here, nice to meet you all. I live in Illinois and I stumble into emergency preparedness by mistake. 

I love examining the psychological side of prepping and strongly believe that it is the one thing that makes you truly prepared (as opposed to the accumulation of gear without a plan or knowing which are the emergencies that are the most likely to take place in your area).

Thanks for being here.

juzcallmesnake likes this

Welcome planning is the first stage of failure practice does not make perfect but it is a good way to increase your chances.

In my area all of the above tornadoes hurricanes floods heat to over 100 is common in winter ice storms are possible we have nuke plants near and we are also one of the main targets for anyone that does not like America. We have major industry chemical oil natural gas traffic gridlock 3 times a day and a mayor that is a democrat just south of here. then there are the local dope heads gang bangers bikers and a few versions of white supremacists, Spanish is spoken local as much as English 50 miles south there is every representation of  nation color religion ethnic group and some of the signs are not in English. it is all possible here and seldom do we have trouble beyond the norm are population is civil generally and well armed. and in a bad time I am just as certain it will go to hell just like anywhere else.I have seen more people run from emergencies than to one  that is common the world over once everyone figures it out they come together and try to fix it.

wally likes this