See who gave reputation

1. juzcallmesnake

juzcallmesnake

2. wally

wally

• Recent Topics

• When purchasing ANYTHING, from an online ad, especially anything local, make sure you know as much about the seller, and the product you can before you lay down your hard earned cash. First, copy the street address of the seller, once you get there. (Verify it’s a legit address) go to the local gendarmerie (cop station), and do a records check on the address. You will pay a small fee in most locales, but, you can find out (all public record) , how many times the cops have responded to that address, and in most cases, have dealt with the seller. Second have a bill of sale, with the driver’s license of the seller and the buyer written down on the contract. You physically handle the  license to ensure it is real. Write down the license number, (all licenses have them as do all Identification cards). Make sure the photos match, and make sure the addresses match as well. If not, ASK why? It’s not beingg rude, is being shrewd! You can also run in most states, the convictions of any person online, for another small fee, or even arrests, and you should. If someone has a history of burglaries, I would assume the items being sold are stolen, but that’s just my past career kicking in. Also, run the VIN of the vehicle p, (Vehicle Identification Number) from the registration, to ch3ck and make sure its not a “salvage title like a flooded pickup from Hurricane Harvey infamy. Again, another small fee to prevent be8ng ripped off, seems worth it to me.  You are adults, but, you can do th3se simple steps to prevent h3artache later.
    • I recently bought 10 5 gallon buckets of freeze dried meals and 20 #10 cans of various kinds at an estate sale. They were produced in 2012 and had been kept in a 72 degree environment. I figure I've got 10 more years before they spoil.  The 2012 end of days stuff has been turning up a bit lately.....I see those $20 Wind up flashlights at every yard sale for $1....I bet I've got 20 so for. Lol
    • I figure if they ever decide to "pick up" weapons they will not try to determine if they are bb guns or elephant rifles and one that happens I am sure shotguns will not be safe either. power that goes power mad is never sensible and always uses the response '" we ain't got time if you have a problem see the judge. in a world with problems I am sure the criminals will wait until the judge rules for you to get your pelletgun back before burgling your home and raping your wife and children with todays nutballs maybe even men will be next on the rape list.
    • We all need to recognize that food is energy and your ability to carry it cook it quickly is important as fuel and time when your tired or on the move.  Here are some suggestions for light weight food per portion.  Starches and grains extend food and can be made into hoe cakes. Oatmeal, cream of wheat Malto meal etc. buy the quick cook kind Mexicali Rose brand dried instant refried beans fat-free protein and contain no cholesterol. Rice  I like white rice but f your a fan of brown rice per-cooked is the way to go Uncle Ben's sells a boil in bag type. Freeze dried peanut butter --- yes they make it have it and you can get it in #10 cans and smaller. dried potato flakes can be made into potato soup excess mashed potatoes and powdered egg or fresh can be fried into potato pancakes corn meal,   I have eaten this all my life in some form or other grits are either corn meal of white hominy crushed hominy is treated kernels of corn flour -- a note on flour need to be kept dry rye flour and breads if they get moldy are dangerous we still have the internet look it up. Noodles and Pasta Dried Bullion chicken beef and vegetable bullions are available just know that bullion has no vitamin content and high salt content. dried fruit and jelly or preserves. Powdered butter,  yes they make this too and powdered margarine  powdered honey read above. powdered egg,  for cooking not eating as eggs as most people do not care for them. eggs in the shell last just over 10 days in summer cooler weather a bit longer cold but not freezing a couple of weeks or more one way to tell is when you crack an egg if the white is very watery or the yolk breaks and is watery / loose. powdered milk add more powder to make more robust tasting milk spices the main ones to me are cinnamon, pepper red & black, vanilla , cocoa, nutmeg dried onion are most of what I use Most any freeze dry or dry pack company has most of this in #10 cans with a 20 to 15 years shelf life, and some can be bought at your local store Meat & fish well this is a choice you can buy dried meat or you can buy canned meat and fish heavier but it has a broth or juice that helps flavor water for soups.  We all know canned tuna sardines oysters etc. and then there are canned beef chicken and then there are mystery meats like Spam or Treet meat in a can  Spam or Specially package American meat is a high quality produce made from mostly shoulder meat not scraps s other knockoffs. Spam last indefinitely or as long as the can. people scream  "BUT it has a lot of salt" in the wild salt is not common and we need salt to live . I like Biltong or shredded dried meats Grains need to be frozen for 10 days as all grain has weevil or some other bug eggs and freezing  KILLS THEM or after a time the eggs will hatch and you will have weevils or mealy bugs in your stores of grain and in enough time there will be nothing but bugs  AHH but you say bugs are protein well not so much most of what you end up with is exoskeleton not very nourishing or tasty IMHO. Most do not consider that if you had to leave your home your leaving many pounds of food most people have enough to last at least a few days it may not be what they ant but it can sustain them. Fat oil and grease without them you die collagen lipids are the building blocks of all your cells over the years science has found that cholesterol is not the main factor in heart disease or attacks it is the bodies inability to process it correctly ( now do not quit taking your medication) it has been found to be beneficial to keep your alkalinity  level @ 7.3 and that balance and a decent diet maintains your bodies ability to heal and care for itself. That said your still going to die no one lives forever and recent document on human chipping or the mark of the beasts selling point is that it will  extend life problem is texting will kill you walking in front of a vehicle falling down stairs or driving into another vehicle or the driver distracted killing you. look up the definition of life and living 2 very distinctly different things.  when I used to go on hunts these are basically the things I took including baking powder and Crisco, when you have a camp or cabin it is not hard to cook you can load the fire put on the beans and the time for the fire to burn down your beans are cooked you have to use more water but that is not a big deal except in desert or where water is a long ways off.  One pan meals are normal fare easy and quick are better because your usually tired and hungry when you get in. MRE's are ok but they only last 3 to 5 years and unless you camp or hunt that time has come and gone and you find mice have eaten them or they are way out of date  cans are good but need to be rotated or can go bad that is why I choose freeze dried or dried canned long term rations. The Hurricanes and fires recently some years ago the north east was struck by a blizzard that knocked out power and people were in fear of freezing in their own home shelters are not always stocked with food or snacks even water as people found during Katrina at the dome. tornadoes flash floods aging infrastructure like dams and bridges and your in a bad and worsening situation and if that coincided with a financial meltdown help could tak a while to get to you so don't be complacent act now and have a plan and running is not a plan it's what you do when all plans fail.      
    • the anti-lemon law should cover you for 3 years after your purchase just make sure you get as much information as possible on the seller so you can go back to him if there is a problem.