Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
astroguy321

New to the Forum

7 posts in this topic

Hello fellow Preppers,

I'm new to the forum and am eager to learn as much as I can.

I'm wondering how most of you are accumulating ammunition?  I stay pretty much in tune with the online sellers and there are some pretty good deals out there.

How many of you do your own reloading? I know there's the up-front costs of dies, presses, primers, powder, etc, - just wondered how popular it is these days?

Also, I'm happy to answer any questions about fireams, comm or emergency power.

Thanks!

Ken

offthegridprepper.com

wally likes this

Your site looked good welcome to the forum many here reload or have it is not about savings but you can save money buying bulk components.

average is you can reload a pistol shell till it cracks at the lip and then you can cut it down and still use it but load it for the length like 38 spl cut would be loaded to lets say 38 S&W long etc etc a friend loads 223 or 5.56 into 38 super. as far as rifle because of head separation 8 times maybe, the interior need to be checked for a ridge evidence of possible head separation then you would need to have a broken shell tool or now a trick to pop it out otherwise it is a tomato stake not a rile until you fix it. all this is general knowledge but new WSSm and magnum cases may have less life, I never owed one and never will it is an problem that does not need a solution cases and ammo ain't cheap and in the recent shortage you could not find them at all so that makes them useless IMHO.

recent posts on the cat sneeze or a round ball loaded in a rifle shell quiet for hunting used in Sweden Norway and Finland during WWII  and C.E. Harris the load is about using pistol powder in a mid bore cartridge with hard cast bullets. So this is technically survival reloading.

if you have only one rifle in a particular caliber you could use a lee hand loader if you have more than one rifle in that same caliber you would need to separate the brass as no 2 rifle chambers are the same. as far as pistol straight wall cases it makes not difference a lee handloader will make perfectly good ammo for all in it's particular caliber it is a bit slow but cheap to start with and get your experience just make sure and NEVER go over load table maximums ever especially in many of the mid range pistols some are not able to handle hot loads from new IMHO.

where you can save is by casting your own bullets with lead and I see in the near future lead is going to be illegal I was sickened by CCI's decision to make a compressed copper bullet it was not that it was compress3ed powdered copper but it is 22 grains and has no range you could not hit a bull in the ass with it at 100 yards I see this in one of 2 ways if they powers that be cannot restrict or illegalize ammo or they will force companies to comply with manufacturing crap that will not have the power or stability to shoot at long range today there are a few versions of ammo that are short loaded well below velocities for those calibers and the gov will claim population density over kill or extreme penetration and any other politically correct crap they can get some bunch of non or anti gunners to believe lead is not toxic unless your shot with it or eat it breathe the fumes or fail to wash after handling it once it turns white by oxidation it is inert unless disturbed lead is heavy it does not float once covered by silt it is buried and done.

Proof is that in the 1970s up in new york the decided to use superfund money and Clean one of the plants where they knew mercury was dumped in the 1800s and early 1900s testing showed little to no trace if any once the started cleaning and disturbed the silt it poisoned the river up to 1,000 ties the level as before nature can take care of itself it's people that are the problem superfund sites all they do is take a toxin from the place it ruined and move it to another place and ruin it --- look up Hanford if they would have used their brain they nerver would have placed nuke plants anywhere near populations because electricity can be run for hundreds of miles and people are lazy and want to live next to the plant ask the people from Chernobyl how that worked out and Fukashima  in Colorado a old gold smelt pond was know for years to be filled with arsenic and they did nothing until a flood washed the spill way out and it poisoned the river for a month but now SURPRISE  the powers that be say it was safe a month after LMAO science will sell you a ball of sh*t and tell you it's good for you anyone who watches commercials for lawyers sung pharmaceutical companies should be able to discern that IMHO.

well I am sure you got a lot more than you bargained for but I feel one day someone just might figure out I and many others figured out if there is money in it it is corrupt and our lives mean nothing.

wally likes this

5 hours ago, astroguy321 said:

Hello fellow Preppers,

I'm new to the forum and am eager to learn as much as I can.

I'm wondering how most of you are accumulating ammunition?  I stay pretty much in tune with the online sellers and there are some pretty good deals out there.

How many of you do your own reloading? I know there's the up-front costs of dies, presses, primers, powder, etc, - just wondered how popular it is these days?

Also, I'm happy to answer any questions about fireams, comm or emergency power.

Thanks!

Ken

offthegridprepper.com

i am buying it from the store as usual mainly cabelas and walmart....

here we have Academy (sporting goods store) walmart and Cabelas

I only buy certain brands and bullet weights no variance as each arm is sighted in based on specific bullet weights and the milspec equivalent although 18 grains lighter prints just lower by + or- an inch.

make my own buckshot I like more pellets and velocity than store bought IMHO roll crimping is better more secure less problems for long term storage and it is easier to make shorter fired hull shells or custom loads and all you need is a drill press and a roll crimper tool and components.

wally likes this

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Recent Topics

• You may be more right than you think there are many that are calling for Christs return and even prophesiers of dates I warn all that read this if a man makes a  prophetic statement and it fails to come to pass "THEY ARE NO PROPHET AND NO PART OF GOD. Deuteronomy 18:21-22 20 But a prophet who presumes to speak in my name anything I have not commanded, or a prophet who speaks in the name of other gods, is to be put to death."
      21And if thou say in thine heart, How shall we know the word which the LORD hath not spoken?
      22When a prophet speaketh in the name of the LORD, if the thing follow not, nor come to pass, that is the thing which the LORD hath not spoken, but the prophet hath spoken it presumptuously: thou shalt not be afraid of him.
        The Return of the Son of Man (Mark 13:24-27; Luke 21:25-28) 26Wherefore if they shall say unto you, Behold, he is in the desert; go not forth: behold, he is in the secret chambers; believe it not. 27For as the lightning cometh out of the east, and shineth even unto the west; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be. 28For wheresoever the carcase is, there will the eagles be gathered together. 29Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken: 30And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory. 31And he shall send his angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they shall gather together his elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other. If there is any doubt on when the Rapture is the above verses should nail it down for those that question. No one knows when Jesus will return PERIOD ! Matthew 24:36-41 36But of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only. 37But as the days of Noe were, so shall also the coming of the Son of man be. 38For as in the days that were before the flood they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noe entered into the ark, 39And knew not until the flood came, and took them all away; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be. 40Then shall two be in the field; the one shall be taken, and the other left. 41Two women shall be grinding at the mill; the one shall be taken, and the other left. Saturday is the sabbath The seventh day, Saturday, is the only day ever designated by the term Sabbath in the entire Bible. Not only was Jesus a perfect example in observing the weekly seventh-day Sabbath, but all His disciples followed the same pattern after Jesus had gone back to heaven. Exodus 20:8  Remember the sabbath day, to keep it holy. If your not sure why you should keep the original sabbath ----- Matthew 5:16-18 16In the same way, let your light shine before men, that they may see your good deeds and glorify your Father in heaven. 17Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them, but to fulfill them. 18For I tell you truly, until heaven and earth pass away, not a single jot, not a stroke of a pen, will disappear from the Law until everything is accomplished.… If Jesus Christ obeyed the law and the apostles then is it not expected of us to follow Jesus example ? or follow Rome who changed it to Sunday ?  I am as guilty s most in not following Saturday and I have decide to start because I have "LEARNED" I was wrong. It is crazy town and it will get worse as we come closer to the "DAY" --TICK-TOCK TICK-TOCK  ALL THE THINGS WE ARE WATCHING ARE THE COUNTDOWN TO DESTRUCTION ! Everything spoken of in the Bible is ratcheting up but it is going to become law once that has happened we the people in absentia have agreed to it and we all need to be ready IMHO.
    • I noticed that NOW people have considered concentrations in excess of 50 PPM. this is way above any previous concentrations if this were for a few day prophylactic for an oncoming cold irritation or a wound turning reddish OK but not for daily use as a supplement as anyone who takes medication realizes there are different dosages for use as to severity in fact if your hospitalized IV intense therapy more than home use pill form. I am just going to use this on my animals as a few recent problem have not been solved with normal medications although minor I want alternatives and if they work all the better if not --onward through the fog    
    • The end is near, with a generation of snowflakes. The entitlement of idiots that do nothing but whine.    
    • i tried collodial silver once it didn't really do much for the infection i had(may be a dosage issue). you can buy it at a health food store premixed with water so you don't have to worry about turning blue.
    • Ionic & colloidal silver Have been wanting to do this in some quantity in 15 to 20 parts per million or PPM. Wading through all the hype it appears to have benefits against viruses and infections this can be verified by the use of silver preparations used on burn victims. I got a couple of different meters so I can do a comparison and a few ideas to see that takes it to the next level , there is some differing opinions as to using additives other than silver purified water and electricity and a way to test to insure PPM levels I see where the OCD crowd has gone over the edge to where they may as well just swallow a silver bullion piece. what ever happened to less is more, this is why the government has to regulate everything because people over do it is the addictive nature extremism Frankenstein unleashed. I say this because if anyone should attempt the same project remember even though it is only a few but people have turned blue or gray from ingesting too much or too large particles or at least this is the assumption it also happened back in the day when rich people eat drank from silver plates silver wear goblets and even used silver medallions to dunk in their water to purify it and seeing how only wealthy people could afford so much silver and food the blue cast to the skin made people call them blue bloods or so that is my understanding of the story but recently people have turned blue I am just as sure it was from over dose as there is not a clear dosage and many think it is because if silver were tested it first would cost at minimum a billion dollars many years and if it were found to be the wonder many think it is that would take a big bite out of the pharmaceutical industry  as there would be no way to regulate it. I am interested in another arrow in my quiver of treatments as this can be used in the eyes ears nose throat mouth wash and spray on for cuts abrasions and I know of no animals or person that is allergic to silver it may change color on acidic skin but their arm has not rotted off. I will post as I test and prepare this solution and give as much information as I can I am not a lab tech so do not expect ambient air pressure phase of the moon or lay line intersection.