Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
juzcallmesnake

Firearms lube ???

3 posts in this topic

Max-tuff is a synthetic lubricant used as assembly lube for building motors gear boxes,  intermediate lube I like a thin oil like Remoil

but when I am doing a major clean like a complete disassembly and clean relube and reassemble I use Max-tuff I am getting a bit tired of every lube that has to do with firearms has to be labeled tactical or is a FIREARMS ONLY LUBE.

Now I agree some lubes are not for firearms because they are hygroscopic or attract water mix with water / humidity and actually create an environment for rust called MUD dirt mixed with lube and water well maybe sludge would be a better word.  having clean repair and do custom work on firearms at one time I found that certain lubes finishes are less that what they are touted to be a recent cruise over the net on firearms finishes some act like they are impervious to cryptonite nothing further fro the truth  recent recent use of black nitride it wears like carbon smoke maybe not that well I have had just about every coating except a few recent ones and figure matte black bar-b-q paint is better it's cheap I can find it anywhere and a 3M scrub pad and I got a new finish when I have to send off for weeks or months and pay through the nose for Di Vinci to "paint" the Sistine Chapel on my rod name dropping is common now price dropping is more unbecoming tossing around numbers that sound like used car prices if your not going to use it as a daily driver it will be a beautiful safe queen tools used look like used tools, or al least have some burnished spots from holster wear IMHO.

wally likes this

Hoppes is the best general cleaner i use it for a bore swab on my rifles I use sweets now and again depends on how many rounds and then after the bore is cleaned I run hoppes and wipe everything down with it.

Max-tuff is just to lube points of contact and any good lube will suffice for intermediate lubrication,

WD-40 can be used for about everything except firearms.