Sign in to follow this  
awake

What have you done today to better your Prep?

Should thread be ended at 60 pages and started fresh as a part 2  

25 members have voted

1. 1. Should thread be ended at 60 pages and started fresh as a part 2

• No
    • Yes
    • Yes but different number of pages - see post

I started thinking that if I can do one thing a day towards my prepping that i could make a little more head way. Even small steps help.

I will start. Today i took a huge step in securing a retreat/retirement location.

Whats on your list?

wow you got a retirment location? should have said something, g.friend is in realestate.

and i thought ordering my book was a nice step forward.

thanks for the offer. this is out of state. Wife and I have heard the mountains calling for years. Tired of renting cabins and motel rooms every month. Tomorrow i may be signing some paperwork on our own Walden's pond. I still have a decade till i can "retire". I think then i will learn gunsmithing as a hobby that supplies a little income.

your a blessed family. as for me and mine, we prefer the sand and water. jekyl island is our home away from home. we are getting tired of the rentals too. off season $110 a night. not bad. in the height of

shark season its like $200 a night. screw that. im thinking of a pop up camper. gotta have something nice for the beagle. hes a AC dog lol. spoiled indeed.

your a blessed family. as for me and mine, we prefer the sand and water. jekyl island is our home away from home. we are getting tired of the rentals too. off season $110 a night. not bad. in the height of

shark season its like $200 a night. screw that. im thinking of a pop up camper. gotta have something nice for the beagle. hes a AC dog lol. spoiled indeed.

Yep spent many years going to the clearwater fla. area. Loved going there. My father in law who was more of a father than my own passed 4 years ago and we have not been back since.

as for a pop up check this out. saw a display last month. really cool set up.

http://www.sylvansport.com/

I bought another small R.R style latern and a half galon of candle&lamp fuel(pure paraffin) and some replacement wicks.I used money from selling a couple of "things that I make as a HOBBIE".Thats were I get my extra money from.Tent next.

Good idea. We're planning on making monthly installments toward our goals just because that's how we budget.

We road tripped this week, and on the long drive home today I made a list of the things I wished I'd had with me in my EDC (IE. my purse). They will be acquired and added very soon.

I bought another small R.R style latern and a half galon of candle&lamp fuel(pure paraffin) and some replacement wicks.I used money from selling a couple of "things that I make as a HOBBIE".Thats were I get my extra money from.Tent next.

ya know we are gonna ask....... whatcha makin?

My wife and i started reading Rawlings "How to survive the end of the world as we know it", and made our list of lists. WE then began to budget to attain all those things on the list. began to collect pre 1965 nickels, increased our silver reserve, got basic mess gear for our BOB's, Started moving our food stuffs toward non frozen (my wife loves frozen food, as she prepares lots of stuff, and then freezes it for later, but she is coming around to the idea of dried, canned goods), and sized a set of hanging gear for her (something I thought would never happen, but alas, it did.) this has been a good couple of weeks. Can't wait for next week. ;)

My wife and i started reading Rawlings "How to survive the end of the world as we know it", and made our list of lists. WE then began to budget to attain all those things on the list. began to collect pre 1965 nickels, increased our silver reserve, got basic mess gear for our BOB's, Started moving our food stuffs toward non frozen (my wife loves frozen food, as she prepares lots of stuff, and then freezes it for later, but she is coming around to the idea of dried, canned goods), and sized a set of hanging gear for her (something I thought would never happen, but alas, it did.) this has been a good couple of weeks. Can't wait for next week. ;)

this all sounds good mike. yeah for the wifes involvment too. whats up with pre 65 nickles? pre 64 pennies are all copper remember.

Nothing today. I'M WORKING! :P Have bought a lot at the $1 stores and on-line the last two weeks. About 60% done with the BOB. Bought a GHB for the car (thanks to Joel at the Survival Cache store) and still trying to get the wife a little involved. She's knows she is the smartest woman in the world so that's gonna take some time. <eye roll>

still trying to get the wife a little involved. She's knows she is the smartest woman in the world so that's gonna take some time. <eye roll>

oh i share your pain. we are right now debating if a microwave infact does or doesnt kill the nutritional value in your food. :rolleyes:

Ordered another $20.00 of para cord and fittings(thanks again for the link)and took the great advice of Reg.and bought a b52 "wrist rocket"you all call them sling shots.lol and Im redoing the seal around the chimney and checking the draft control on my wood stove.Bring in a couple of loads a day and stacking.Filling another 20lb propane when my neighbor needs help lifting and filling his 100lb er.

ok so Im not getting anything done sitting here.b back ..lol

Just picked up a big order of sundries I required, for example: Folding bucket, folding cups, Hatchet, Biners, glow sticks, smoke flares, and many other smaller necessities. Now making paracord straps and handles which is amazingly therapeutic, almost meditative.