Sign in to follow this  
awake

What have you done today to better your Prep?

Should thread be ended at 60 pages and started fresh as a part 2  

25 members have voted

1. 1. Should thread be ended at 60 pages and started fresh as a part 2

• No
    • Yes
    • Yes but different number of pages - see post

Put together 2 fishing kits today, used plastic travel soap container for them. Also got a 24inch ice fishing rod and reel combo. I was talking to to an older gentleman at Dick's who said he used one on hiking trips, said it was great for streams and even small ponds.

Trying something different, I bought a Stanley Organizer. ($16 at Home Depot). I lined it with a thin piece of sponge foam. Now I have an organized, but different ammo can. I can carry it like a small suitcase if I need to move it

Edited by MikeE

Trying something different, I bought a Stanley Organizer. ($16 at Home Depot). I lined it with a thin piece of sponge foam. Now I have an organized, but different ammo can. I can carry it like a small suitcase if I need to move it

That sounds like a great idea! I bought a couple boxes of 4 hour candles because I realized i didn't have any

Guest survival101

Craigslist has added up. Junk out, preparedness in. Ordered 2 person tent and Sleeping Bag. Spent a few minutes organizing the car kit. Still needs work. Read LDS manual about the soda bottles, and threw out some instead of saving. Too much going on right now to bring myself up to speed on this. But on a similar vein I have the large pump shampoo, conditioner and body wash bottles from my last round of purchases, and plan to buy my next shampoo etc from the beauty supply shop in gallon bottles, and reuse these. Save money for more prepping. Similar idea, different product.

I have several first aidkits; everyday carry, backpack, disaster.

Everyday one I keep in the small pack I take with me on a daily basis. In it I keep the following: EMT scissors, 1 vet rap, assortment of bandaids, 3x3's, 4x4's, steri strips and a small ampule of benzoin to help steri strips stick. I have an eye kit; sterile Q-tips, 2 eye dressings, 1 metal eye shield, 15cc bottle of sterile saline and a small role of tape. I have basic mes: tylenal, sutafed, immodium, benadryl, allergy tabs. I keep an eye glass repair kit, tweezers, a few safety pins and nail clipper. For wound cleaning I use wet one wipes or you canuse hand sanitizer which I also keep in my bag. I also keep 1 trama bandage, just in case. I these items in small zip lock bags to keep dry. As for traing, you might also want to consider the Red Cross, basic first and advanced first aid class.

thanks i will check into the advanced course. as for trauma bandages i carry QuikClot Sport 25 and a couple of feminine hygiene absorbent pads and extra duct tape. i like the eye glass repair kit. looking into emergency dental items.

Besides a multitool, knife and e-tool are there any tools you recommend to carry in BOB?

man tools will always be needed somewhere. take your pick. carry what you think you will need.

plier,socket set, pry bar, adjustable wrenches, screw drivers, you name it, tools will be needed.

cutters wouldnt be a bad choice to carry. a good pair of snap-on side cutters, a pair of small bolt cutters

would also be nice. then ya gotta start to worry about weight of it all. tools will make great bargining chips when the time comes too.

Edited by ricksconnected

man tools will always be needed somewhere. take your pick. carry what you think you will need.

plier,socket set, pry bar, adjustable wrenches, screw drivers, you name it, tools will be needed.

cutters wouldnt be a bad choice to carry. a good pair of snap-on side cutters, a pair of small bolt cutters

would also be nice. then ya gotta starp to worry about weight of it all. tools will make great bargining chips when the time comes too.

very very true sir

Besides a multitool, knife and e-tool are there any tools you recommend to carry in BOB?

I would add a hatchet or machete, depending on your location and uses. Both are multi-purpose and immensely worth their weight if the need arises for a GOOD. I prefer a hatchet as it can skin an animal, cut firewood, cut shelter pieces, used as a hammer, and makes a very reliable weapon if it comes down to that ugliness (hope it doesn't).

After 30 years I am completely rebuilding my 15' x 16' shop area so that I can have a better reloading area and expand my food storage system. I am also putting in a metal locker with an outside ground so I can centralize and better protect my key electronics like radios, walkie-talkies, etc.

Guest survival101

Four N95 GM Masks. Continued to stock and organize the BOV, with items already on hand. Making a list of the needed BOV items to round up. Added work gloves, steel wool, 9V, Steno pad, pen and 2nd flashlight to BOV.

Ive been building up my water and canned food storage a little at a time each week. Also cleaned out a closet and added shelving for preps. Mostly trying to learn a much as I can. Have a lot of stuff on my wishlist. Talked to the wife about selling some stuff to make room/extra room.

Guest survival101

Sure does. Bought a used pair of dark grey camo pants and dark gray shirt for bug out at night or in the Northwest. The pockets sure are nice.