Sign in to follow this  
awake

What have you done today to better your Prep?

Should thread be ended at 60 pages and started fresh as a part 2  

25 members have voted

1. 1. Should thread be ended at 60 pages and started fresh as a part 2

• No
    • Yes
    • Yes but different number of pages - see post

thanks Rick about the book i thought it was that one. Saw it on Amazon. He has another one that I think was like a 500 page hardcover. I'd give you a lot of credit for hauling that one around! LOL I have that one on my wish list along with a few others. Damn bills LOL

thanks Rick about the book i thought it was that one. Saw it on Amazon. He has another one that I think was like a 500 page hardcover. I'd give you a lot of credit for hauling that one around! LOL I have that one on my wish list along with a few others. Damn bills LOL

yeah that big book, its like $500 to $700 for it. yep look it up. its out of print but they will print it if you REALLY want a copy.

Guest survival101

Not much today. Gained a little extra knowledge, dug out an old used Jansport to use while we get $$ for our backpacks, stocked an extra bag of dog food and 4 cans of tuna for SHTF home emergency. Can someone tell me who was selling The Honest Kitchen (?) dog food so I can talk to them about ordering dog food, and did I see that Forge Survival is now selling high calorie survival bars?

Picked up a CRKT Crawford neck for me and Folts Minimalist Tanto for the wife's EDC knife. Finally got a decent signal mirror, though I wonder how much longer I'll have people to signal that will actually help haha.

Edit: I try to always gain knowledge from what I'm doing and who I'm talking to, no matter how miniscule.

Went through my medical bag and started to make my son a medical bag.

with your back ground i would be interested in what you carry. thinking of up grading to a stomp bag. looking for some training as well. local college offers EMT classes.

Bought new chain saw for the primary BOL. Cleared 300x25 foot of trees to improve defencive position. Damn i feel old right now. A little old crow tonight and up and at it again tomorrow with tangle foot.

not dragging the wood up this steep azz hill. its all you can do to get up and down by yourself. the clearing is defencive as to open the firing position from above. tangle foot in the wooded area along with wires strung at different levels throughout woods would force any BG to think they can better access by using open area. Bingo. also opens clear shot further into wooded areas. from one vantage point i can now cover about 225 degrees. ranged out the entire property. just trying to be proactive just in case.

with your back ground i would be interested in what you carry. thinking of up grading to a stomp bag. looking for some training as well. local college offers EMT classes.

I have several first aidkits; everyday carry, backpack, disaster.

Everyday one I keep in the small pack I take with me on a daily basis. In it I keep the following: EMT scissors, 1 vet rap, assortment of bandaids, 3x3's, 4x4's, steri strips and a small ampule of benzoin to help steri strips stick. I have an eye kit; sterile Q-tips, 2 eye dressings, 1 metal eye shield, 15cc bottle of sterile saline and a small role of tape. I have basic mes: tylenal, sutafed, immodium, benadryl, allergy tabs. I keep an eye glass repair kit, tweezers, a few safety pins and nail clipper. For wound cleaning I use wet one wipes or you canuse hand sanitizer which I also keep in my bag. I also keep 1 trama bandage, just in case. I these items in small zip lock bags to keep dry. As for traing, you might also want to consider the Red Cross, basic first and advanced first aid class.

Guest survival101

W. added a hand crank transistor AM/FM and weather radio, alternately runs on batteries, some D cell batteries, one for every pack, steel wool, AA and AAA batteries. Radio Shack has a SALE on batteries right now and the ex-date is 5 years out. So now all the flashlights and FRS radios work. And we have surplus batteries in store. Bought gas siphon for BOV, A few 410 calorie meal bars. Sold some junk on Craigslist and we now have the $ to order the Bug Out tent. By next week we should be able to get sleeping bags. Almost through reading the LDS. Thanks, Saints. Really good info.

Guest survival101
Bought a zipper repair kit and in time too cause the zipper just broke on my winter Carhart coat! Added another 1000ft of paracord to the collection as well

Where did you get a zipper repair kit?

I have to admit I have learned a lot just by reading the posts in this forum. I plan on continuing this as I believe there is a lot of knowledge here.

Also went through some of my canned stuff ,found some pear halves with an expiration date of 2010. They were pretty darn good.

Poured most of my instant mashed potatoes into cleaned out juice bottles, saves on space & can move volume quicker.

Bought a solar flashlight and a small LED lantern for my BOB.

Found a great sale on corn flour, polenta & grits.

Bought duct tape, matches & toothpicks.

Cleaned out more soda bottles.

Guest kevin

went threw the ammo supply, just looking for any gaps. moved my recent buys to long term storage. broke down our bug out bags for the same reason. finished building my rabbit hutches and chicken brooder. started gathering parts i need for my wood gasifier. found an awesome buy on barrels both water and storage. shot up a brick of 22 shells with my 7 yr old. good week off work.