Sign in to follow this  
awake

What have you done today to better your Prep?

Should thread be ended at 60 pages and started fresh as a part 2  

25 members have voted

1. 1. Should thread be ended at 60 pages and started fresh as a part 2

• No
    • Yes
    • Yes but different number of pages - see post

Lol the first time I opened up the 10/22 trigger to put a auto bolt release and a extended mag release (2 awesome 8 dollar parts) I got stuck with a pile of parts looking at the manual for 3 hours.

my bathtub water storage bags and two of my mess kits came today. i can hold 195 gallons of water between 3 bathtubs. will be keeping two at my house and sending the third to my mothers. my moms house is our bug out location. also found a place to get indoor banana trees, so we can have bananas at moms house too, cause she has the room for the trees. i experimented with some apple seeds and now have little sprouts coming up. they are going to be transplanted over to moms when theyre ready. for now im keeping them in little egg tray cartons. they are empire if im not mistaken. i set about getting copies of my sons birth certificates, just to have on hand. mine is a little trickier, i have to go up to birth record place and request mine, which is in new york. my mom has to get a copy of my dads which is at the same place, so im gonna have her get it for me. i will have to go to our courthouse and get a copy of my marriage license too. so im getting there on my ICE folder. and yesterday i recieved these fireproof bags to put the documents in, so if i have to remove them from the safe they will be more portable. im also going to backup my ICE folder and leave it at my moms.

Guest kevin
Lol the first time I opened up the 10/22 trigger to put a auto bolt release and a extended mag release (2 awesome 8 dollar parts) I got stuck with a pile of parts looking at the manual for 3 hours.

yes auto...but 3 hours well spent...lot of fun too i bet. being able to work on firearms may be good for bartering too.

Guest kevin

bought yet another pressure cooker.(i may need an intervention...that makes 7) a nice old 24 qt for $10 bucks at a yard sale down the road...the guy running it was an old prepper i could tell, nice to know he was there but i hesitate to let him know im one as well....paranoid i guess. also picked up a good leather mag pouch for an ak47, hold 4-20 round mags, should work for my sks's as well. called and got a price on shipping containers(thanks snake) 40 ft for 3200 + 550 shipping.....have to wait a bit on that, i need 2 and after i pay closing costs and taxes on the new hq im getting broke.

wrapping the other 2 walls with shelving and moving the door to a more opsec position

In my shop so now there is no pile in the center of the room I won't know to do with myself.

I am going to cut down a garage door and make a custom size for the new entry.

home depots 10% military / veteran discount helped.

Now all the walls are shelves and only a door opening even a shelf above it also.

I might actually have enough space but dad gum it i got to reorganize and buy more totes

ahhhhhhhhhhhh

Edited by juzcallmesnake

Scored early today at a local flee market. Eight plastic 5 gallon "Jerry Cans". Brand new. Paid 10 bucks each after some price negotiations. Poor guy had been trying to "unload them" for over 6 months. Gave him my number and told him i could use several more if they came his way.

Edited by awake

went to the store for margarine (i swear) and found a bunch of canned foods that we eat on sale. 50 cents a can for soups and 99 cents a can for some chefboyardee meals, dinty moores, and some pasta things that just need hot water. spent 150 bucks but i scored a lot of food. i filled up one cart and part of another. also found some mothballs discounted to 99 cents down from 5.99 to use around the garden to keep pests out. but i basically stocked my 72 hour kit for meals. later today i will be going up to a store to buy 3+ of the 5 gallon jugs to hold my 72 hour water supply. so im well on my way to completing the 72 hour kit.

Guest survival101

Weedeater took me to Sam's! 20 lb rice, 20 lb salt, 2 large bags of sweetened dried fruit (craisins). Put up 6L Water. Got some exercise working in the yard.

Added a few bars of dial soap, few bottles of hand sanitizer, bandaides, and a few empty plastic bottles to fill with anything I like...have to like the baskets at walmart with the mini travel size items for a buck.

Guest survival101
wrapping the other 2 walls with shelving and moving the door to a more opsec position

In my shop so now there is no pile in the center of the room I won't know to do with myself.

I am going to cut down a garage door and make a custom size for the new entry.

home depots 10% military / veteran discount helped.

Now all the walls are shelves and only a door opening even a shelf above it also.

I might actually have enough space but dad gum it i got to reorganize and buy more totes

ahhhhhhhhhhhh

I'm jealous now...

Started reading Rawles blog in earnest today. The one on barter was a good one.

http://survivalblog.com/cgi-bin/mt5/mt-search.cgi?search=Bartering+and+The+Alpha+Strategy&IncludeBlogs=2&limit=20

Guest kevin

me and the wife made her a "ultimate beer can alcohol stove" packed it with those little cotton pads she cleans her face with(fits perfectly) and sealed it with the die. made the ak 47 mag pouch into a medical bag. picked up a wide range needle pack(all sizes and shapes) along with several slingshot replacement band.

was going to pick up 1100 rounds of 22lr, found remington "golden bullets" for $1750/550, but the guy at the counter talked me out of it. he said they were getting complaints about how the function in semi-autos. i have a few golden bullets( only 550) but guess i'll be sticking to my federals now and bartering with those.

me and the wife made her a "ultimate beer can alcohol stove" packed it with those little cotton pads she cleans her face with(fits perfectly) and sealed it with the die. made the ak 47 mag pouch into a medical bag. picked up a wide range needle pack(all sizes and shapes) along with several slingshot replacement band.

was going to pick up 1100 rounds of 22lr, found remington "golden bullets" for $1750/550, but the guy at the counter talked me out of it. he said they were getting complaints about how the function in semi-autos. i have a few golden bullets( only 550) but guess i'll be sticking to my federals now and bartering with those.

i have had several 22lr firearms and found that each one seem to work best with one brand of ammo or another. Never have found one brand that worked well in all firearms.

as for bettering my prep i was able to test out a knife and posted a review.

Edited by awake

The golden bullet bulk packs I used to buy were getting too many spinners so I switched. I you don't know what a spinner is, it's where the bullet can rotate freely of the case. This results in some loss of power behind the bullet but more importantly if you store it long term moister can get inside the powder and muck up your cartridges.

The golden bullet bulk packs I used to buy were getting too many spinners so I switched. I you don't know what a spinner is, it's where the bullet can rotate freely of the case. This results in some loss of power behind the bullet but more importantly if you store it long term moister can get inside the powder and muck up your cartridges.

Damn, I just bought a couple boxes of those!