Sign in to follow this  
awake

What have you done today to better your Prep?

Should thread be ended at 60 pages and started fresh as a part 2  

25 members have voted

1. 1. Should thread be ended at 60 pages and started fresh as a part 2

• No
    • Yes
    • Yes but different number of pages - see post

Wally World was having a sale on bulk Federal ammunition. My father had gifted me a Luger a few years back when he passed away. He was a marine. I never thought about it much till recently when I was doing an inventory of my gun safe and realized I only had about 20 rounds for it. The sale gave me an opportunity to pick up 300 rounds of 9mm Luger at a great price.

Someone here on the forum mentioned getting ammunition at Wally World at good prices. Thanks!

Wally World was having a sale on bulk Federal ammunition. My father had gifted me a Luger a few years back when he passed away. He was a marine. I never thought about it much till recently when I was doing an inventory of my gun safe and realized I only had about 20 rounds for it. The sale gave me an opportunity to pick up 300 rounds of 9mm Luger at a great price.

Someone here on the forum mentioned getting ammunition at Wally World at good prices. Thanks!

I shoot a lot of Federal and Wal-Mart is where I get it. :D

Guest survival101

what is a lifestraw? purchased two under-bed containers for MREs' and camping meals. Several cans of soup, on sale, and some detergent for my back stock. Tomorrow is garage sale day... hope we find something useful.

what is a lifestraw? purchased two under-bed containers for MREs' and camping meals. Several cans of soup, on sale, and some detergent for my back stock. Tomorrow is garage sale day... hope we find something useful.

Lifestraw is a company that makes theses big straws that were invented for people in Africa who don't have clean water sources. You just put the straw in a river, stream, lake, etc..and it filters out waterbourne diseases.

Lifestraw is a company that makes theses big straws that were invented for people in Africa who don't have clean water sources. You just put the straw in a river, stream, lake, etc..and it filters out waterbourne diseases.[/quote

You can get them on Amazon for 24.99, I bought mine on Ebay. Good luck at the garage sales tomorrow.

Got a bench made 950 riff , gf said " another knife?!" I said " but it's for you " she said " a huh " I think she finally caught on .... Then I showed her my , oh excuse me .. "her" new food saver which she just loved cause it's red ... And ta da!!! Just like that , she's a prepper

Here's an idea for your sewing kit. Add a heavy upholstery needle a curved one and a straight

one. Put in a piece of 550 cord about a foot long. You can use the inner nylon pieces as thread

for heavy duty mending needs.

I havent been able to do much lately. Building my water supply every week. Stocking up on over the counter meds when on sale. Also ordered some freeze died food in pouches and 1 #10 can to sample. Going to a gun show mid march. Hopefully get a Mossberg 12Ga. Money's been tight lately but Ive been getting overtime at work that helps a lot

I scored today! Got a (almost) brandnew B&D breadmaker for $15 and an old castiron scone skillet for $5.

I'm thinking the previous owner may have been one of us, he also had a dehydrator and was making his own ammo. Going back this PM, they're auctining off all his equipment.

I scored today! Got a (almost) brandnew B&D breadmaker for $15 and an old castiron scone skillet for $5.

I'm thinking the previous owner may have been one of us, he also had a dehydrator and was making his own ammo. Going back this PM, they're auctining off all his equipment.

I am a big fan of cast iron. Best cooking gear around in my not so humble opinion.

I am a big fan of cast iron. Best cooking gear around in my not so humble opinion.

Gotta have cast iron for fried potatos and cornbread!

I've got some heirloom seeds going crazy. I'm transplanting my seedlings already, into some bigger peat pots. Gonna have a nice container garden this year. I haven't done any gardening since I was a kid spending my summers on my grandparents farm in VA. Gonna have some fun while re-learning some things this summer.

Guest survival101

Hubby got an old Kelty packpack on frame for $10. I bought 3 brand new bags of Kingsford charcoal, total of 56.5 pounds for $3. (Alternate cooking fuel source for a bug in- if outside cooking is an option) That's cooking once a day for at least thirty days, if fuel is carefully conserved.

Another 6L Water put by this evening.

And, this is for Weedeater, cause he doesn't have time to post. HE SCORED! Took me to a storage auction (check off the old bucket list) and he bought us a his and hers pair of Sun 21 speed bicycles in MINT condition, including a whole locker full of stuff to offload, for $350. Our secondary mode of transportation is secured. A quick trip to the bike shop for fresh tubes and safety check and we are on the road. Helmets and lumbar pack included. And a bunch of weird and wonderful stuff that has nothing to do with prepping, but probably get us a good chunk of change back.

Oh, and does anyone know why my profile picture does not show?

Edited by survival101

me 2! i rarely cook on anything else anymore...have a little collection going-always on the look out!

Usually, I am adding or improving things in my BOB or my closet. I have a closet, ready for bugging in, I have a BOB, so if I can't stay and don't have time to load up my car, I can grab my bag and go, but I realized I don't really have a survival kit for say hiking, fishing, etc. And, there is a site I follow, who used to recommend building this kit, but 6 weeks ago, he started selling it So today I ordered one. I have been following him for some time and this kit seems very complete. It is the one at the very top of the page, and he doesn't charge for shipping, so it is also IMO a very good price. Check it out here

http://www.m4040.com/Survival/Survival%20Kit.htm

I also received today a Mora knife that I ordered for my wife, you can check that out here

http://stores.thepathfinderschoolllc.com/-strse-Mora-Knives/Categories.bok

@regulator5

she is 10. she thought it was awesome. now lets just hope she doesnt burn the house down.

Agreed. I'm glad she's showing an interest. My 4 year old shows interest but always twists it to where I have to get her something new so she can do the "chore"...lol. I have to get her "farmer clothes" so she can help me in the garden. I am really scared for when she gets to be a teen.