Sign in to follow this  
Capt Bart

MacGyver Survival

OPerational SECurity. Basically, being able to keep something secret. For example, not telling people about my secret knife weapon so they don't know that it's there. It's a military term, typically it means that deployed soldiers can't tell their families exactly where they are or what they're doing.

Any time. I find them at "gun shows" all the time. I always had a "few" blades on me in Iraq and got chewed out more than once over how many I carried. I found it "interesting" we were soldiers deployed to a combat zone but they didn't want us looking like we 'wanted a fight". My only thought was, 'whatever it takes to get me and my troops home alive". I leave politics for the crooks and wastes who won't do the risk but want the benefits and glory.

I leave politics for the crooks and wastes who won't do the risk but want the benefits and glory.

just like in all walks, its funny how many of these type we see these days isnt it?

they wont hunt. they wont clean the kill. they wont get the fire wood. they wont

start the fire. they wont set the table. every so often they will stir the pot and they

will always be on time for dinner.

just like in all walks, its funny how many of these type we see these days isnt it?

they wont hunt. they wont clean the kill. they wont get the fire wood. they wont

start the fire. they wont set the table. every so often they will stir the pot and they

will always be on time for dinner.

LOL... very well put. Of course after stirring the pot, they flick "stuff" at the fan. I think their one true purpose is "stirring and burning the contents of a latrine pot". Of course, they will never get their own hands dirty, nor do anything constructive.

nope they wont but they will take full credit and talk the good talk when the "Big Man" is watching and the

"atta-boy's" are being passed out. i have no use for these types nor do you i see. these types are NOT productive members of society or the group/camp.

Ahhh, but they do. If the "Golden Horde" arrives, they make great cannon fodder....lmao. We just have to tell them that the Horde wants to give out medals and other trinkets and we won't even need to use a cattle prod to get them to go; they'll be running at them which will be taken as an attack by the horde so they expend their ammo before the real survivors need to get involved....lol. Ok, I may be a little callous and have a dry sense of humor, but I am trying to find at least a good point about them. Even vultures and possums have a good point or two.

Even vultures and possums have a good point or two.

indeed my friend, but, i'll take the possums and the vultures. in the good times and the bad times they will always remain possums and vultures and do what possums and vultures do. they other ones are for ever changing and sometimes ya dont know what to expect or what your gonna get.

at least with the possums and valtures, if they dont play nice or lose their usefullness, its legal to dispatch and eat them lol. (and they probably taste better too)

indeed my friend, but, i'll take the possums and the vultures. in the good times and the bad times they will always remain possums and vultures and do what possums and vultures do. they other ones are for ever changing and sometimes ya dont know what to expect or what your gonna get.

at least with the possums and valtures, if they dont play nice or lose their usefullness, its legal to dispatch and eat them lol. (and they probably taste better too)

+2... correct indeed

Uuummmmm.... anyway. Here's a McGyver tale of my own.

Several years ago in a different city to where I am now, A PVC factory had a Chlorine tank rupture. This was not a trivial incident, who knows how many dead. Officially 4, and as you know official numbers are always correct :rolleyes: My boss at the time phone up and told us we may wish to leave home and run for it. I replied that if Chlorine is in the air I'd rather seal up the windows and stay home than run outside. Which I did, luckily was preparing for a move so tape was plentiful. The other thing I did was improvise a gas mask. I kept an aquarium at the time and using the foam filter medium made a pouch. Added an elastic band to each end to hold it together and stuffed it full of charcoal also on hand for the aquarium. I tied these around our Mouth and nose. Boy was it itchy and stuffy but hell...chlorine nuff said. I have no idea if it worked or not truthfully. Eventually it became apparent that we were well away from the site and the breeze had blew it away from us further so we were quite safe. The boss had scrammed returning the next day to tell us all of this. I had figured out it was likely not super dangerous outside after watching the undaunted pedestrian shuffle out the window continue without incident and after 3 hours of itchy noses and stuffy breathing pulled of the improvised mask very happily.

Good thinking Sino. After reading your situation, maybe a canary as a pet wouldn't be so bad.

Took a while to clean the coffee spray of the monitor after reading that. Very funny to me as with the random smells and frequent fireworks I think Canaries would be an expensive keep.

Why does this forum make coffee shoot from peoples mouth

From laughter. When I was a kid I hit a ball accidentally into my neighbors aviary and killed about 15 of his 20 odd canaries from the fright (I thought I'd also be a statistic too, but he was surprisingly forgiving). I live in China. At this moment it is quiet but before I finish typing I bet there will be a bang from some fireworks, especially today given the date. The idea of keeping canaries is extremely funny to me.