Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
P210SIG

Vehicle dash cameras / car DVR ( Digital Video Recorder ).

4 posts in this topic

I'm looking to buy a dash cam, need some help here folks.

If you have one in your vehicle or owned several different types.

What would you say is the best for the money spent.

I see them selling from $40 to $200 on EBay etc.

So what's your recommendation on dash cams.

I'm not looking to spend more money than I need to.

Clear images at night time is what I'm looking for, & able to read licence plates would be a bonus.

the theory is great except when the person says something or does something wrong then it is a problem,

I saw one on TV called dash cam pro gets good overall ratings  it basically overwrites if its limit is reached good feature as 99% of video is not useful it cost about 30 bucks. small and has a view screen and audio cheap enough that smash and grab types would not risk taking it unlike a gopro.

Most of the cheap ones lack detail,during the night time footages.

I've cheacked some of them being advertised for sale in my area at night time, LOL.

It's the reason why most of them are being sold used, actually useless junk.

The real reason why I want a dash cam is to capture all the idiots, morons doing stupid shit on the roads these days.

One wonders how they even got a license, with the stupid shit I see these days.

Just want to protect my self when driving & the camera shows my side of the story.

Heck, if I get enough video footages on my dash cam, I just might start a You -Tube video.

I would call it ( What idiots & morons do, when cops are not around. )

The world is getting nuttier as time pass by these days.

wally and juzcallmesnake like this

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Recent Topics

• sounds like your wearing a 1970s leisure suit, good mention though
    • already do all that my traps are right now live traps damn coons and squirrels are my trouble but since they taste good no problem to big with more taters and gravy. anyone that is not up on self defense or "gun" handling is way behind the 8 ball. it's not that training is not important but there comes a point where your gilding the Lilly and dry firing is the cause of more firearms damage than every other use of a firearm unless one uses a snap cap and if you already know how when and what to shoot it's not time well spent.  Prepping the art of being prepared I am already there all I do ow is back fill and reorder until the flag goes up.  I'm sure I will want some new toy but to be truthful if people can keep their head down 90 days there will be very little to deal with as all the unprepared will have dealt each other out of the game. Cabin fever and doing ninja rolls in the urban jungle scoping out all the stuff you should already have only places you in the cross-hairs of a opportunistic sniper who's spotter will clean you like a chicken for Sunday dinner.  water holes are always a bad place to go to as everyone else will be needing /wanting water. depending on the situation rivers streams and wells may be polluted by the dead since animals will be left to their own roving packs of dogs will add to the otherwise difficult task of roaming around. many a good man has walked up on a spider hole handful of punji sticks leg traps fall traps etc etc etc. its great to be an armchair commando the field test is a bit trickier. I can also see where like many countries in the recent unpleasantness released their zoo critters I know of people that keep large dangerous exotic pets. roaming through homes and commercial centers may lead to some real surprises people are funny that way if they want to punish people that try to steal their sh*t  it may have strings attached ! I already know how to field strip or dress most anything I will encounter that I need or can use if it takes a large vehicle to move better to decommission and move on. piles of goods probably have love apples hidden and some have NO DELAY click bang in a real nasty world there are thousands of ways to meet your end and curiosity kills more than cats. most fields can hold hundreds of people ask any Masai warrior .  Mountains or hills can hold an avalanche of rocks and Switzerland has never been invaded by any army since 1499. Defenses are not always perfect as General Patton stated, that fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity".  Sun Tzu, " The supreme art of war is to subdue the enemy without fighting.  My quote is screw em' all but 6 and baptize them in sh*t  or If I follow anyone they are in chains. whoever said it ," if you want a friend get a dog was a deep thinker and knew the frailties of the human condition.  If you see a dog growling at it's own shadow think of me I have trust issues    
    • they'd better be learning hand to hande, working out, gun handling, dryfiring and studying survival subjects on the kindle reader, grinding grain, checking the nets and traps, etc. What makes you "think" that there will BE any leisure time?
    • a lot depends on what the critter has been eating. Rat probably tastes a lot better than squirrel that's been eating hedgeballs.
    • make a world of difference. So does the polypro bag that i put between the "breathable" and heavy-duty mylar bags. The soft armor boxer shorts and vest  help quite a bit  as insulation from the ground as well as padding on hard surfaces.  Now I'm good down to 20f, no problem in the hammock, or on the ground if there's any debris for padding/insulation. If I had better circulation in my legs, or if i'd use a Dakota fire pit to heat rocks and water bottles, i could go 10F colder.  But then need the super shelter and a fire all night, for colder temps.  If have several pits and use them all night to heat rocks, those rocks will warm  you most of the next day, placed under your hammock, or your raised wooden bed. Thus, no smoke for enemies to see. The later afternoons are typically 15F or more warmer than late at night, and you can usually get away with a Dakota pit fire a bit before dusk, since they'd have to try to find you in the dark.  That is, if you've got night sights and night vision. :-)  Anyone moving in that cold is going to crunch snow or frozen twigs. So the guy who's holding still is a lot more likely to be the one who detects the enemy first.