Sign in to follow this  
kuzmajr

Where to buy?

I am looking to buy an ALICE pack, large size with frame. I have been looking at Alleghany Wholesale, any prefernces on places to purchase, where have you had the best luck?

There are brand new, slightly used etc. What is the best option. Don't want to break the bank.

Just wondering where the best places are to buy this type of stuff.

Thanks in advance,

ed

Looked around and there is no army surplus store, only a army store that sells new stuff. Looked at craigslist and nothing in the cleveland area. Found a lot on ebay, only concern is what am I looking for. When it syays it comes with a frame with shelf is that the same as coming with a frame? Also I see that some have updated shoulder straps, what is updated, and if they are not is that bad?

I hope to find a decent deal on one and then be able to sneak more items in with it, like a couple military ponchos, para cord, e tool, etc.

Thanks again,

Ed

I ended up buying from alleghany wholesale, I got a large pack with frame, a medium pack and butt pack, $60. Thought it was good deal. Wife thinks I am nuts and wants to know if I know something she doesn't know. I have been trying to prepare a BOB and last night I was in the garage trying to make a penny stove. She said she could make a freezer out of 2 ice cubes and a rubberband, I told her to make it. LOL

Do you guys get strange looks from your better halves too?

lol ed, best thing for you to do is get your wife involved in all of this, but make it fun. most women think we are nuts or playing GI Joe so ya gotta get her involved at baby step paces.

ok i dont have the pack you mentioned but ive read up on them and they are said to be very good packs indeed. those that own them love them. they are also very customizable too. if you look on youtube there are endless videos on this pack and way you can customize it. sounds to me like you got a very good price on it.