Sign in to follow this  
ricksconnected

hobbies.

This was my hobby until My wife convinced me to sell it which is in my top 10 worst regrets of my life, it would have made a perfect BOB, I will be getting another one someday..[ATTACH=CONFIG]440[/ATTACH]

how, O'how does a woman convince thee to sell such a nice truck/bronco?

please explain this as i can not wrap my mind around it all.

Well her name was Rexie, she was a 1979 International Harvester Scout II 345 8cyl auto..the only problem is that due to the solid axles the ride wasn't as comfortable as my wife would have liked & she didn't like riding in it. Me and the kids on the other hand loved it, but you know what they say Happy wife, happy life. But I have seen the errors of my ways. So I used the money to buy my new BOB (pic below), but now the more i read, due to the TBI an EMP or HEMP with make it a gigantic paperweight..

post-1735-1385149778927_thumb.jpg

I feel pretty useless reading this thread and seeing all of the useful hobbies you guys pursue. I don't have a lot of free time or money at the moment, but in the past really enjoyed camping and fishing. Not a big hunter but I like to get out in the woods with my siblings so I go along with them.

I don't know of I can count target shooting as a hobby since i use it more as a stress reliever than as a serious pursuit, but I do like to get out to the range and punch holes in paper. Good way to decompress on the weekends.

I feel pretty useless reading this thread and seeing all of the useful hobbies you guys pursue. I don't have a lot of free time or money at the moment, but in the past really enjoyed camping and fishing. Not a big hunter but I like to get out in the woods with my siblings so I go along with them.

I don't know of I can count target shooting as a hobby since i use it more as a stress reliever than as a serious pursuit, but I do like to get out to the range and punch holes in paper. Good way to decompress on the weekends.

The purpose of a hobby is to relax and unwind from the stress of our daily lives. Putting holes in paper is one of my favorite hobbies. What I find interesting is that, for me, it doesn't seem to matter too much the size of the hole. I get about as relaxed by a .22 inch hole as by a .5 inch hole (although I must admit the Black Powder does add to the enjoyment) and a LOT of .22 inch holes are MUCH cheaper than a few .5 inch holes.:)

Anything that helps you, mind or body, is good. The usefulness is not in how the hobby achieves some survival goal; the usefulness is how it helps you avoid burnout and depression.

I fly radio control sailplanes. VERY relaxing and a good way to spend a day with some buddies.

One thing I've been looking at lately though is called FPV or First Person View. You mount a camera on the sailplane and fly it by looking through tiny TV screens mounted on goggles. Some even have a movable camera. Would be pretty cool to have your own remote control drone for recon wouldn't it?

And at 300-500 feet, an electric motor powered glider is quiet!

Hey Regulator when you get to Worrior Path you won't be to far from where I live at...I'm guessing 45 minutes max and sometimes we also camp there...when we can find an open spot...also there is another good campground next to warrior path its call Davy Crockett's Birthplace now we do a lot of camping there..you can hike trails, fish, and site see.....

Thanks for the info Ruger.