Sign in to follow this  
ricksconnected

hobbies.

Well if anyone hasn't caught on yet, living history, history, SCUBA, anything classed as an "outdoor" activity, wood working and family. I study Native American lifestyles and crafts as well and read. I guess most of my hobbies prepared me for prepping and allow me to enjoy prepping. For a complete relaxation, if not doing one of the others, I play cards.

Although I did learn tonight NOT to mention average weather in yellowstone to wife when planning a family camping trip there. She nixed the idea when she heard temps can fall into the 20's at night during July...lol. No sense of adventure. Looking at Warrior's Path in TN now.

Although I did learn tonight NOT to mention average weather in yellowstone to wife when planning a family camping trip there. She nixed the idea when she heard temps can fall into the 20's at night during July...lol. No sense of adventure. Looking at Warrior's Path in TN now.

Do not mention the word humidity when telling the wife about TN.

Hobbies, Im into wood and beleve its the answer to everything.I find and repair old wood furniture,I built a small forge(30galon steel drum,break housing and a cheap hair dryer) for pounding steel to handle the anger issues.I garden and COMPETE with my next door neighbor(we help each other)we can togeather and use my rocking chairs to relax a bit and lie to each other.

I dont drink "store bought wiskey" but a dark beer once in a while is ok.

I enjoy a C.S Lewis very much and old poems from the 1800s. I enjoy cooking too Ok so I get board easy.

Edited by 101matt

This is probably boring as hell to most but i study different religions in an attempt to understand a society.

i read tons of books on native American Indians both before and after 1491.

i backpack.

anything mechanical i am in.

practice Chen style tai chi.

search for the meaning of life with a glass of Evan Williams and a sunset in the Smoky mountains

Awake have you read the translation on the Bible from??

Dr. David Harold Stern is an Israel-based theologian. He is the third son of Harold Stern and Marion Levi Stern.

Stern's major work is the Complete Jewish Bible, his English translation of the Tanakh and New Testament (to which Messianics refer by the Hebrew phrase from the book of the prophet Jeremiah/Yirmeyahu chapter 31, "B'rit Chadashah," New Covenant).

It will open your eyes to the Messianics movement going on now.It a great read and will send you a link if you need it.I gave a hard bound copy to my Daughter.

I enjoy knife making, working out, shooting, fishing, and a nice quiet walk on the beach with Reg and Rick, the three of us sharing our magnesium sticks to start a fire, Reg with the tinder bundle, Rick with the kindling and tinder with the big wood.

Edited by tinderwolf

I enjoy knife making, working out, shooting, fishing, and a nice quiet walk on the beach with Reg and Rick, the three of us sharing our magnesium sticks to start a fire, Reg with the tinder bundle, Rick with the kindling and tinder with the big wood.

LMAO.... at least you said we were walking. I half expected you to use the word "skipping"...lmao

Rick there is something definitly wrong with shark fishing in a F-ing kayak

ya havent lived until a big bull rubs your kayak to see if its mateable or eatable.

talk about settin in a puddle of piss and a bubble of snot running out your nose..... lol

then its game on.

Tinder, AMEN!!!! We can do what we can and change what can be changed, but we can't force common sense on others. We will be prepared and knowing that means we are already 10 steps ahead of the rest. Besides, this verbal banter and pranking is good for prepping... believe it or not. By engaging in this, we must think quickly to reply as we do not follow a script. We must adapt constantly to the flow which exercises the brain.

ya havent lived until a big bull rubs your kayak to see if its mateable or eatable.

talk about settin in a puddle of piss and a bubble of snot running out your nose..... lol

then its game on.

We will definitely end up with more coffee incidents before the night is over. They better put a warning label on the index page...lol.

Rick.... TOO FUNNY...LMAO

We will definitely end up with more coffee incidents before the night is over. They better put a warning label on the index page...lol.

Rick.... TOO FUNNY...LMAO

hey im here all freakin week ok!

thing is, im very serious. it happens lol. its when you suddenly realize that your no longer at the top of the food chain out there that the poo comes into play. believe me, a 2 mile paddle back to shore with a 8ft bull latched onto the back of your kayak wouldnt be fun. i think the extra drag would wear ya down.

hey im here all freakin week ok!

thing is, im very serious. it happens lol. its when you suddenly realize that your no longer at the top of the food chain out there that the poo comes into play. believe me, a 2 mile paddle back to shore with a 8ft bull latched onto the back of your kayak wouldnt be fun. i think the extra drag would wear ya down.

Yeah, Ive ran into a few while diving. I keep thinking, "I have a dive knife so at least I know the f%^er will have indigestion". The worst was off Miami and we could just make out a very LARGE shadow through the cloud (I'm not sure on the true name). I kept thinking I was only about 1/4 the size of whatever it was.