Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
P210SIG

Survival food calorie scams exposed by the Health Ranger.

5 posts in this topic

don't they all say that though? the other guys are bad we are good? it does make me worry though as to what we are eating....

i buy 5 gal buckets of corn, rice, beans, lentils and the some #10 cans of chicken and beef...these are no name brands that are suppose to be heirloom products...

the comparison chart was confusing,  I do not look at "long term" food as anything but "survival food" something to fill the belly when I cannot scrounge a meal.  Should we all be in a situation where this is the only food we probably be very worried about so many other thing in the environment than the survival meals we are eating.at that point IMHO.

NO matter the intake if your body is not healthy it cannot process or convert it health issues in a compromised world is going to happen look at the middle east those people have some of the longest life spans in rural areas but warfare or the toxic chemicals and heavy metals, decaying bodies not enough access to enough water and their normal diet is lowering their life spans.

Any prepping that does not have more than one source of foods like tin canned from grocery stores home canning long term storage food

smoked, dried, salted you really are missing out.  Lets face it none of them are broad enough to keep your pallet from getting bored or have all the trace minerals and full load of vitamins it's survival food not health food !  Some are better but some do not offer some of our comfort dishes some have a better taste so my advice is mix them up buying a year from one supplier is fine but use it before you need it Academy stores have mountain house and you can find others some look good but lack zing others packing looks generic and tastes good

like everything in prepping experience is our best teacher.

My personal experience is that I rather eat what I hunt, trap, fish & things that I grow in the garden.

I've had enough issues with sodium intake from can goods, MRE's & what not to land in the hospital a few years back.

Pissing out kidney stones was not fun at all.

Make sure you have plenty of water as a chaser, after you've eaten that mountain house meal.

I rather can my own grub to eat, this way I know what's really in it.

I'm not saying my way is the only way, we all have to make choices/decisions in ones life.

The out come is yours to make & not mine.

So do as you wish you live or die with it.

wally and juzcallmesnake like this

I'd never pay that sort of money for that sort of "food".. I buy legumes and grain from local farmers at harvest season. Doesn't take much work (fun actually) or $ to put up a lot of venison jerky, either. add some "no cook" stuff like almond butter, Tang, powdered gatorade, instant oatmeal, and some Crisco, and you can be pretty well off for $1 per day per adult. The stuff that wont keep forever, I can replace cheaply, or we eat/rotate it.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Recent Topics

• Books and wood carving here.....and sutureing,.. to go with the wood carving.
    • We are dealing with a narcissistic blackmailer like a robber in a bank with a room full of hostages and that is the scenario we have a madman with nukes threatening the whole world, if his demands are not met he may well sell weapons to our enemies, to bolster their position. When there is a madman in the room full of hostages with a gun you take him out. In this case we cannot afford for any of his military elite to survive him because if they have orders to launch or attack Seoul a city of millions he or surviving hierarchy will lash out. The strike has to be unseen and lay waste to Pyongyang timed with strikes to wipe out the military ability to use rockets and artillery I am just as sure they have Exocet m38 type missiles as well as many weapons we have turned from because of world opinion, that places us at a small disadvantage in close combat or naval surface warfare. It is a well known eastern tactic to get in so close so that their enemy cannot use any extraordinary weapons without killing themselves. This is why a conventional war with North Korea as it would kill millions in Seoul our troops and destroy many of our vessels and aircraft that threat alone make consider the nuclear option is the only course or we risk millions of innocent civilians and 35 thousand of our own troops as well as many thousands of sailors and air crews.  nuclear weapons are mass destruction indiscriminate and have long lasting implications if there is any destruction and indiscriminate killing I want it to be on them not us or South Koreans. Those that think we could merge the two are misunderstanding that like the old Japanese soldiers of World War 11 they were so indoctrinated they thought we were going to cannibalize rape and turn them all into salves as well as their leader was "god" most are just as institutionalized as a life sentenced criminal.  I sure don't like this but unless we are willing to fight the Korean War all over again with 10 to  100 times more losses against a country that is but an attack dog  of China that has gone off it's leash. China has created a Frankenstein and the monster may turn on them and that is what China fears just as much as a war that pushes millions of refugees over their borders. India and China have sent troops to repel refugees ------- Whhaaatt no open borders whats the world coming to.
    • Really great post and questions. I'm a woman and I'll ponder this a bit more before responding. (No offense taken at all BTW).
    • yea it's been a while glad your back.
    • If it were not for spell check it would look like the ramblings of Ted Kaczynski, bad enough my my lack of punctuation and tendency of dropping letters from my ring and pinky fingers it would take the investigators of the dead sea scrolls to decipher the ramblings IMO. Or did you mean Chicago typewriter ? I have proof read my stuff and found I drooped a paragraph of essential information primary to the topic.