Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
P210SIG

Survival food calorie scams exposed by the Health Ranger.

5 posts in this topic

don't they all say that though? the other guys are bad we are good? it does make me worry though as to what we are eating....

i buy 5 gal buckets of corn, rice, beans, lentils and the some #10 cans of chicken and beef...these are no name brands that are suppose to be heirloom products...

the comparison chart was confusing,  I do not look at "long term" food as anything but "survival food" something to fill the belly when I cannot scrounge a meal.  Should we all be in a situation where this is the only food we probably be very worried about so many other thing in the environment than the survival meals we are eating.at that point IMHO.

NO matter the intake if your body is not healthy it cannot process or convert it health issues in a compromised world is going to happen look at the middle east those people have some of the longest life spans in rural areas but warfare or the toxic chemicals and heavy metals, decaying bodies not enough access to enough water and their normal diet is lowering their life spans.

Any prepping that does not have more than one source of foods like tin canned from grocery stores home canning long term storage food

smoked, dried, salted you really are missing out.  Lets face it none of them are broad enough to keep your pallet from getting bored or have all the trace minerals and full load of vitamins it's survival food not health food !  Some are better but some do not offer some of our comfort dishes some have a better taste so my advice is mix them up buying a year from one supplier is fine but use it before you need it Academy stores have mountain house and you can find others some look good but lack zing others packing looks generic and tastes good

like everything in prepping experience is our best teacher.

My personal experience is that I rather eat what I hunt, trap, fish & things that I grow in the garden.

I've had enough issues with sodium intake from can goods, MRE's & what not to land in the hospital a few years back.

Pissing out kidney stones was not fun at all.

Make sure you have plenty of water as a chaser, after you've eaten that mountain house meal.

I rather can my own grub to eat, this way I know what's really in it.

I'm not saying my way is the only way, we all have to make choices/decisions in ones life.

The out come is yours to make & not mine.

So do as you wish you live or die with it.

wally and juzcallmesnake like this

I'd never pay that sort of money for that sort of "food".. I buy legumes and grain from local farmers at harvest season. Doesn't take much work (fun actually) or $ to put up a lot of venison jerky, either. add some "no cook" stuff like almond butter, Tang, powdered gatorade, instant oatmeal, and some Crisco, and you can be pretty well off for $1 per day per adult. The stuff that wont keep forever, I can replace cheaply, or we eat/rotate it.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Recent Topics

• Earthquakes 38,997 in the past 365 days   _ Well that has always been, your just fear mongering WELL here is proof  Science states Earthquakes have increased over 200% Luke 21:11 and there will be great earthquakes, and in various places plagues and famines; and there will be terrors and great signs from heaven.
    • I've completed a few armour steel knives that I made from AR-500 & AR-650 steel. Also made a Wakazashi from AR-500 with Kevlar handle. Have pictures that I would love to show & inspire fellow members to make things with their hands. My issue is that I've always had trouble posting pictures on this site. Help needed posting these Armour steel edge weapons. 
    • plums are one you need to keep planting from seed ad stagger over years as for no reason some just die their life span is 5 to 7 years it appears peaches need pruning smoking o keep off fungus and then a constant vigil against squirrels I just keep propagating everything and keep it separated in corners so if one batch gets a problem I can either try to treat it and if that does not work I can burn them off and blackberries dont die from cutting or burning they do not like herbicide in strength.  all I can say is try for winter garden crops send in your soil to your local farm bureau and see what if anything your soil needs for what your growing most times it is calcium and phosphorus potash magnesium I get mine from Epsom salt plain tums antacid is good quick calcium bone meal is for long term gardening is not for the meek or weak it is hard work and fickle weather not enough minerals wrong moon phase when planting change in jet stream brings in high winds that spread weeds or uncommon not local fungus insects or grass seeds and it's on like donkey kong one year we had a hail storm turned everything into a green ooze and killed cattle & horses busted fence post to the ground and beat the tin off part of the barn as well as made us re-roof the shingles on the house lucky the vehicles and tractors were under cover trees looked like winter set in but next year everything busted out like nothing happened in fact it seemed like everything had more foliage nature has its way another thing I always till the old greenery back in to the soil as soon as it looks like it is done fore before it dies off it is also good to have a couple of garden plots you need to let one go fallow every 7 years (Biblical)   lime is good incase your soil is to acidic your local ag extension can clue you in on anything you can explain I need to call mine as I can't raise cucumbers to save my life --- so far
    • New Chinese shipping container pod full O missiles so every shipping freighter is now a problem these rockets can go 400 miles in 10 seconds I only post this now because is is widely known but this is the future of hostile weapons and North Korea China and Iran know this as well so for all the stupid people that think a country has to have a ballistic system capable of thousands of miles your idiots these can be shipped trucked from a friendly port. as many vessels that carry a contingent of political ambassadors and other reasons may not or could be excluded from searches.  China has a container that is capable f controlling 4 other container weapons and can launch multiple types of rockets missiles decoys etc etc . or Multiple munitions from a single rocket. South of the boarder  Rafael south American military industrial complex Other packages can be stuffed into these taco's or eggrolls or spring rolls depending on the origin of these little beauties. the left better pull their head out of their azz and wake up as well as the lame fake news media. we still have no idea of where approximately  199 suitcase nukes are lost in the 1980's nor a box car of other things that went missing when the former USSR fell every country under it's control had arsenals of all kinds of party favors. Janes directory of military hardware and Popular science and a few other sites can educate people to new technology I am very very disappointed at the Fitzgerald because it make us America look like a bunch of rubes billions of dollars or R&D years of testing trials and this ship cost between 1.7 billion to 2 billion dollars and cannot evade a floating barge it is more than a challenge to wrap my mind around especially once you see the Satellite track of the ACX Crystal it appears to have purposely diverted from course and intentionally rammed the Fitzgerald then took a 90 degree diversion then altered course north east then doubled back south west then south back toward the Fitzgerald and NO repeat NO signal supposedly came from the Fitzgerald but from the ACX Crystal and with a time discrepancy of over an hour and there had to be backup weather hand held or alternate communications onboard  not to mention if the alphabet soup watch all and knows all why was a strike on a 2 billion dollar vessel not noticed were they watching miley cyrus twerking  GPS military is within 1 foot where are all the billions of dollars pissed away by our government going who the hell watches the watchers and why have a few hundred people tasked to watch and duty it is to protect and defend our people in harms way ? I want heads to roll court-marshals satellite companies fined engineers fired tracking and control officers and staff stripped of their classifications in all levels that had access to this intel in eal time because now who in the hell believes we are a world power this makes us look like a paper tiger run by fools and every company that had a hand in building that ship should be drug through the ringer fined fired from government contracts restricted from bids if their equipment was at fault and it should ba open transparent and all the guilty should be made public. Why am I so upset because those 7 people were left to drown to save the other on that ship locked in waiting to die all the while knowing what would happen once that hatch was closed and probably in the dark looking for air pockets trying to stay alive hoping beyond hope some one could break through or find an alternative hatch and get them out from a stranger than fiction supposed accident General Keene his version read like a script all the traffic could be seen on satellite in real time and he said "it was dark" 2 billion dollars cutting edge radar sonar and other computers a 360 degree bubble for out to at least 60 miles and that is what he had to say ? Susan Rice was more believable when she said Benghazi was started by an Internet video. we need to start calling him Susan and the other dip in the road Admiral John Kirby then press secretary under Obama his fictional account ought to win him a Pulitzer prize his acting an Oscar IMHO. if we ever need 3 test pilots to fly a rocket ship to  Uranus John McCain General Keene and Admiral Kirby  just to round out the crew Nancy Pelosi can run communications as she is an anus here maybe she can communicate with the Uranuses there.  Just a thought and an opinion I could or could not be mistaken or have misspoke about this poor misunderstood people