Photo
- - - - -

When it comes to survival prepping, what's the worse survival gear or item not worth having.

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 P210SIG

P210SIG

• Members
  • 1,482 posts

Posted 11 January 2017 - 06:41 PM

I've been thinking about this a lot lately & I feel a armoured vehicle is one of the worse survival item to have for SHTF.
My thoughts, you need deep pockets to own one.
You will be fortunate, if you can get 20 plus miles to the gallon.
Finding fuel in a SHTF secenario will be dire indeed.
So let's hear it, what's the worse survival gear / item just not worth having.
  • wally likes this

#2 wally

wally

• Members
  • 1,950 posts

Posted 11 January 2017 - 07:19 PM

a BOB with items you've never tested...

• P210SIG likes this
if you run you'll only die tired...

#3 juzcallmesnake

juzcallmesnake

• Members
  • 5,570 posts

Posted 11 January 2017 - 08:06 PM

A tuba

tuba_MJByRV9__S.jpg

Been there done that and used the T-shirt for a bandage!

#4 P210SIG

P210SIG

• Members
  • 1,482 posts

Posted 11 January 2017 - 09:47 PM

Going back to my original post here are the 10 most expensive armoured vehicles in the world.
https://m.youtube.co...h?v=NgAEFh38Kus

#5 juzcallmesnake

juzcallmesnake

• Members
  • 5,570 posts

Posted 12 January 2017 - 08:44 AM

Armored vehicles are the easiest things to disable or take out, but it has to be a forethought it cannot be reacted to people should expect these types of equipment.  especially those that decide to build a compound or gather in large groups.  I cannot ever see a time when C.O.G. (continuation of government) will not be a central focus no matter the issue unless there is a central meetings to make rules or laws an extension of a police force with powers then there is chaos and we will live in a warlord driven nation.

People talk a lot of shine but reality I know no one can tell me how bad it can get I have already seen the insanity in other nations and just how ruthless and bizarre what can become daily routine and totally acceptable. there are places in the world where selling women and children still happens slavery is far from being over. graft and corruption are common place and people are cattle --- and that is here I am not talking about a third world country albeit it is more overt in 3rd world countries here it is just under the surface and until your right on top of it you'll never see it.

easily proven just look at the news house full of women any race kept by a coyote for a gang could be a south American gang Chinese etc especially in large cities where groups commune together for a common language etc.

And if you think slavery is over certain prostitution rings do not allow their property to "wander"

back to the issue of expensive prep items if you have to ask you can't afford it, if your in that bracket it makes no difference money is relative Would I have a MOWAG why not John Denver had a place in Colorado with I would surmise the best options of the day for getting away from it all.  I have known people that have get away places that they are far away from population they have to drive in or fly in it could be done but your not just going to find them without knowing where they are.

Vehicles have an Achilles heel called tires no matter how good the more you use the more replacements you'll require I don't care if they are run flat solid or filled with slime the harder or more solid requires more suspension or slower speeds TV is such a stupid place but many took an extra wagon wheel or knew how to sling a drag under the axle until they could get to a black smith or wheelright (person that built repaired wood / spoked wheels) .

20 miles to a gallon LMAO try 4 or 5 with twin turbos max speed about 60MPH a lot less this is where caching, logistics and preplanned route  is important. I can see where most if not all major roads would be clogged to a point of impassable. most people will go to a family members home in a rural area some small towns in the US have no young people as there are no jobs and you have to have an external income to live there.  no matter the only thing you can do is be gone ASAP and pray you get there.

Want to see how it could be watch any old cowboy and indian movie people on the trail got attacked murdered raped children taken as slaves some heads were crushed males were not preferred it was not the politically correct crap we see now so counting on a trailer and a large SUV may be better off to do the old whiskey runners tactics numerous vehicles gear divided and run interference for each other understanding crossfire pit maneuvers blocking etc.

A manhole cover  is good protection but they weight 100 to 300+ pounds slick side to the fire angled sit in the floorboard leaned against the back seat better tie it down it will knock out the doors in a deep corner or fly forward and put a dent in someones skull :D 30 cal and up may knock out chunks both able to severely wound or kill.

Vehicles require traction and a couple barrels of used oil will handle that, a catch net tied to drags and or a simple long strap or rope with sticky substance, nails or screws as the vehicle rolls over it wraps around the tire and axle

dead stops a groove cut in the road a pipe laid in with a wedge wedge pulled back elevating the pipe and it spears the vehicle,  log falls,   gravel in a corner etc etc weight and speed are a 2 edge sword.

All I know is however a person decides beware there are people living in the woods either they are homeless or running from some problem or mentally unstable dope ranchers or worse -- yes there are worse than that.

the better vehicle for E&E would be an old dodge diesel and to the other extreme a old VW bug not anything newer with excessive electronics would be a negative.  No mater the choice weight and size of articles will always be a problem. armored vehicle have less space and more restrictions on operational limits and complicated mechanics.

too bad they do not still make the VW "THING"  or the an old Land rover, Mowag,  Citroën Méhari  Russian GAZ

India has a Mahindra jeep retro looking thing.

Problem some you cannot find because they are rare or because you cannot register them or off road only one of the best of the old mini trucks was a Izuzu diesel truck.

• wally likes this

Been there done that and used the T-shirt for a bandage!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

IPB Skin By Virteq