Sign in to follow this  
onetime

the problem with the mini-revolver is

you;'re breaking the law to carry it, and after you pull it out, you're still not armed.  Ditto lugging around any sort of single shot.  I can clear a malfunction with EVERY shot from an AR15 and still be faster for the repeat hit than anyone can be with any single shot. So WHY give up the rapidfire potential, hmm? there's no reason. Dont kid yourself that if shtf, dozens of people wont hear every non suppressed shot that you fire, and plenty of them will shoot you on sight.

I'm not sure what you're trying to say here. How is a mini-revolver in any way tactically comparable to an AR-15 and your ability to clear a stoppage? And if you're breaking the law to carry a mini-revolver, how is an AR legal to carry under the same circumstances? I'm not harassing you, I'm just trying to figure out what your statement is about.

the comparison was about 2 guns, the single shot shotgun or rifle  and the pocket pistol. If you're going to bother to lug around a longarm, why give up rapidfire? there's no reason.  If you're going to carry a pistol, why not carry one that offers rapidfire, and a LOT more power than any mini-revolver can offer?  Same size and weight, so why settle for 1 hit per second, with 60 ft lbs, when  you can have 5 per second, with  200 ft lbs, each hit?

I have always considered the "mini-revolver", to be the ones from North American Arms. I feel that as a last ditch "better than a stern look" tool that can easily fit into almost anyone"s pocket or other location, it is fine for it's (as I see it subjectively of course), intended purpose.

To me, that means as a third firearm in my person. I am not comfortable with one as a primary carry, but that is my own predjuidice coming through.

In urban nvironments, and "some" rural type areas, I personally prefer capacity over anything else, strictly due to population and social demographics.