Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Recent Topics

• The "A" Team might want to know what brand stabilizer as I recall no one got shot blowed out a lot of tires and flipped vehicles and made them jump off roofs LMAO  I would watch it for a few minutes and had to change the channel to something serious like a game show.
    • its gonna be my 52 b-day on sunday the 30th i'll probably be getting about 40 bucks to spend on a pack at amazon any suggestions?the one i have now isn't very good it has just one main compartment and 2 side pockets...
    • Ross Seyfried was my least favorite always some weird caliber he must have laughed himself silly thinking of those people he got to reloading fire forming and anything else he could dream up.  Don't get me wrong he probably could do all that BUT WTF for ? X- weight X- velocity the case is a matter of action or capacity I always thought if you think you need more gun go up a common caliber. So if 223 is not it 243 if not that 308 if more go to 358 or then 375.  The .338 anything has never impressed me it was an oddball and still not legal in Africa for the big 5,  375 is,  if you decide to kill a dinosaur here is your 3 gun setup 375 H&H (ouch & ouch)  and OR 416 Rigby and a Browning A5 in 12 ga. w/ some wicked Russian slugs as you can find IMHO.  I had a 458 and it sounds good but barley cracking 2,000 FPS w/ a 500 solid is OK but 416 has more bullet weight choices. If you really want to kill on both ends 505 Gibbs. Being an old head I would go 460 Weatherby magnum take some tylenol most all of these will give you recoil headaches IE whiplash. A long eye relief scope mounted forward  is a smart thing so you don't get "ringed" once your familiar it still jars your bones. still not going to be burning up 4 or 5 boxes off a bench session and Kynoch shells come in 5 round boxes.5 to 10 bucks a round. Many moons ago I watched a boy with Napoleon complex get knocked out of a shooting bench rifle slid off on the ground beside him he tried to roil over on his right side and found he could not use that arm to raise up so he fell back and roiled to the left and finally got up he didn't look to good, someone should have told him never have both feet under the bench with a real caliber always best to have one leg behind you and not set like your going to take a nap / dead weight. it was funny as hell kinda both recoil and pain he may have broke his collar bone at least I kept my composer and acted like I did not see a thing.   
    • I Agree Smith & Wesson was going to go the safe and easy route of it worked before is working so why change it --- until OL' Elmer,  Power attracts and others had the same idea that a handgun could do more.  As the weapon you would more than likely have was a revolver as back in the day people got to their hunting ground on horse back and the rifle was in a scabbard so if you took a break searching for tracks an opportune close shot or a attack from a animal or as animals do they go off and your with what you have not all horses are named trigger some are called knot head some only come when you have a feed sack ! Attacks from animals are not uncommon and in the south large snakes are invading like Boa's and Pythons in my life I have raised about everything or helped hunt herd or wrangle it and right now I have a doe rabbit that will attack sound silly but she has 1 inch long fangs and has clipped right through leather gloves I breed her and treat her ears and she is a handful. I clip her nails from under her cage prss her down and clip what poke out it's the safest way for both of us.  I have been bit stomped run over charged kicked spit on clawed and that was from ex girl friends animals -- well,  they just don't know any better.  
    • While I will admit that Elmer was a puffed up blowhard and braggart, I also have to admit that he is one of my heroes in spite of it.  I have 4 of his books and have read each of them more than once. I truly believe that Smith & Wesson would have gone the way of the Dodo if it had not been for the collaboration with Keith.   BF