Sign in to follow this  
Delta7

Camping Backpack Needed.

All great advice here. I use a Lowe Alpine Mountain Guide, (internal frame) a top loader similar to Swooopdudes setup. When I use a top loader, I module pack my items making it easier to locate what I need, as there is access from both top and bottom. I have added accessory pouches to the hip belt and there are plenty of lashing points around the pack. I have schlepped 50+ pounds at times (normally about 35-40 pounds) and with the majority of weight resting on my hips, makes it very comfortable for long days on the trail or in the woods.

I'm a big eberlestock fan, but I use my bag for hunting as well so the cost isn't that prohibitive. I love my J34 pack for hunting and keep my bug-out kit in one of the detachable spike camp duffles. It zips right on the main pack, and you can suck up the compression straps and go. Eberlestock's scabbards are a really nice feature also. I've packed upwards of 100lbs of meat or salt in mine before and it handles the weight well. My old bag that my girlfriend uses now is an external frame Cabelas Alaskan Extreme pack, and it is nice also and cheaper. It would do what you ask of it also. I keep hers loaded with the lighter clothing and sleeping gear while I carry most of the heavier items in my eberlestock.

Edited by catfish hunter