Survival drone as a BOV ?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 P210SIG

P210SIG

• Members
  • 1,482 posts

Posted 22 December 2016 - 02:34 AM

This is cool, just imagine flying to your BOL , no traffic jams to deal with on the highways.
Just strap on your back pack & off you go.
https://m.youtube.co...h?v=At3xcj-pTjg

#2 juzcallmesnake

juzcallmesnake

• Members
  • 5,570 posts

Posted 22 December 2016 - 03:45 PM

Autogyro or Gyrocopters and little wing autogyro's are better and have an auto rotate feature in case you loose the engine.

A drone is overhead and easily land on you and mincemeat the operator not much about it made me feel I would like to try it.

figure you need to haul double your weight in gear you can with a larger design but I cannot see this in a drone ( price wise)

a gyro copter can move on its own / pusher prop and it can be steered and some blades can be parked  so they are not rotating folded back.  short take off etc design is everything and all the parts are available online. 

I recall some years back a gyro boat to hop the many lakes in Canada Michigan etc.  operated it like a hang glider with a push pull bar.

A Paraglider is also an option and it can lift more than just a persons weight but it has merit weight and size broken down you can fly quite a while and it will fly on thermals and there is more but that is for the reader of this to figure out for themselves

My idea and I am not sure it is feasible was to use a diesel motor but I doubt unless some real engineering was involved because of the RPM differential etc etc but a diesel would be better as gasoline today is crap and does not last in storage even with fuel stabilizer.  Diesel can use bio oil and deisel can be stored many years with the right stabilizer for your region.

The exhaust can be directed to help with counter rotation or to distort sound (direction) and this can fly very low or

if it is like other X craft ceiling 18,000 but that is a rule common sense fuel winds weather and O2 means couple thou.

a change to a belt taking off the pusher blade and you could power a saw blade lift station pump your imagination and weight of implements is the only limit IMHO.

Been there done that and used the T-shirt for a bandage!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

IPB Skin By Virteq