Sign in to follow this  
Rapture333

Need Help Choosing A New Bag

Hello everyone,

A while ago I decided to pick up the SealLine Pro Pack from Survivalforge. However, once I started to really pack this thing I found it to be really lackluster in terms of support and mobility. My bag must weigh at least 35-40lbs, I have everything in field mechanic bags which match the dimensions of the back perfectly, but its just not "right". The bag has no frame and the weight is awkwardly distributed. I have broad shoulders and when I put the bag on the straps just dig into them. I'm not sure if this has to do with the weight of my bag or my physique, but I wanted to get a new more traditional bag. Since the mechanic bags holding all my gear are the same dimensions as the bag, I was hoping to find a bag that has a main compartment with around these dimensions:

Width 12.5 in / 32 cm

Length 18.5 in / 47 cm

Heres a link to the SealLine Pro: https://www.forgesurvivalsupply.com/my-cart/bug-out-bags/sealline-pro-pack/28-286.html?redirected=1

Anyway, I've been looking for something more traditional and around <200 bucks. If anyone has a good review for a bag like that I'd love to know, also if anyone's interested in a trade or wants to buy a SealLine maybe we can work something out.

http://www.overstock.com/Sports-Toys/ALPS-Mountaineering-Cascade-Olive-5200-Internal-Pack/5779234/product.html

http://www.overstock.com/Sports-Toys/Backpacks/13118/subcat.html

First link is an individual pack and the second will take you to the backpacks page listing all of them. Good luck. Their product line changes from time to time, so models and manufacturers do change.

Alice packs with the frame would definitely fit the bill. REI has a few good packs in their clearance section also. If looking for a civilian/hiking pack, these might fit your needs but if any pack that works will fit your needs; a large ALICE pack is great.

Whichever way you decide, civvie or military, get a pack with a frame; especially hauling 50 pounds.

Edited by Regulator5