4 replies to this topic

#1 Drew_Forge

Drew_Forge

Admin

• Administrators
  • 58 posts
  • LocationMaine

Posted 29 October 2016 - 04:42 AM

It's opening day of resident firearms season for whitetail deer here in Maine. Anyone else taking their rifle for a walk in the woods?

Attached Files

• wally likes this

#2 juzcallmesnake

juzcallmesnake

• Members
  • 5,570 posts

Posted 29 October 2016 - 10:57 AM

is that black powder only ? LMAO..............  just poken' fun I am about to think I will try one of the custom ones as I have yet to really wring them out

Been there done that and used the T-shirt for a bandage!

#3 TPSnodgrass

TPSnodgrass

• Members
  • 421 posts

Posted 29 October 2016 - 06:17 PM

Deer season here in the intermountain West is just ending. Didn't even try for one, as we don't like the horrible gamey taste of Mule deer out here! Son and his family moved to white tail country in the Midwest, so, we are looking to take our chances there, next season! Whitetail are delicious!!

#4 Drew_Forge

Drew_Forge

Admin

• Administrators
  • 58 posts
  • LocationMaine

Posted 10 December 2016 - 05:59 AM

Well, today is the last day of muzzleloader season, and here I am, sitting in front of my laptop putting finishing touches on a couple gear reviews and working on our new site, tacticalcache.com, instead of heading out in pursuit of antlered ungulates. Struck out this year; luckily I'm heading to Mississippi in January for a combination duck/deer hunt - hopefully I'll have more luck with that.

Anyone tag on this year?

• wally likes this

#5 juzcallmesnake

juzcallmesnake

• Members
  • 5,570 posts

Posted 10 December 2016 - 08:20 AM

Deer season here in the intermountain West is just ending. Didn't even try for one, as we don't like the horrible gamey taste of Mule deer out here! Son and his family moved to white tail country in the Midwest, so, we are looking to take our chances there, next season! Whitetail are delicious!!

try quartering and packing in ice with salt and let it almost melt out and drain the water and finish up butchering also take cut meat and marinate in buttermilk over night before cooking.

In certain areas deer feast on wild sage and other flora like sh*t weed ( a reference to what it makes the meat taste like)

Been there done that and used the T-shirt for a bandage!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

IPB Skin By Virteq