Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Drew_Forge

It's my favorite day of the year!!

5 posts in this topic

Deer season here in the intermountain West is just ending. Didn't even try for one, as we don't like the horrible gamey taste of Mule deer out here! Son and his family moved to white tail country in the Midwest, so, we are looking to take our chances there, next season! Whitetail are delicious!!

Well, today is the last day of muzzleloader season, and here I am, sitting in front of my laptop putting finishing touches on a couple gear reviews and working on our new site, tacticalcache.com, instead of heading out in pursuit of antlered ungulates. Struck out this year; luckily I'm heading to Mississippi in January for a combination duck/deer hunt - hopefully I'll have more luck with that.

Anyone tag on this year?

wally likes this

Deer season here in the intermountain West is just ending. Didn't even try for one, as we don't like the horrible gamey taste of Mule deer out here! Son and his family moved to white tail country in the Midwest, so, we are looking to take our chances there, next season! Whitetail are delicious!!

try quartering and packing in ice with salt and let it almost melt out and drain the water and finish up butchering also take cut meat and marinate in buttermilk over night before cooking.

In certain areas deer feast on wild sage and other flora like sh*t weed ( a reference to what it makes the meat taste like)

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Recent Topics

• On a kinder gentler note there is a cool front coming from the artic will be here by ---lets say late October and over to pat with the sports scores and play by play take it away PAT ! and today in America no one used their brain, no animals were harmed and please give to the National Narcissist Network and remember their motto _ like we need your help !   I though I needed to lighten up the atmosphere before hitting the eject button -- I'm outta here until next post
    • All I know is China or NOKO does not need a navy with expensive weaponry as it appears all they need is a fleet of cargo, container ships and oil tankers and they can sink the whole fleet ! Who knew the master plan was to play bumper cars and put all our ships in dry dock for repairs. I am very concerned and like John Wayne said in the movie Big Jake about all the fancy toys that some buster with all thumbs will walk up and shoot you while your trying to get that fancy gun out of it's holster.   In other words I think we are building electronic garbage that is too complicated and too dependent on electricity satellites and too few personnel to insure safe function in an emergency situation not to mention I have a sneaky suspicion there are 5th columnist in our ranks ! Here is another little factoid in the past when a ship was sunk or more man power was required sailors were used for infantry medics or whatever the situation required if we keep building these automated mini me's if a real sea battle with unconventional weapons occurs if the men can make it to land there will not be enough of them to do anything but be POW's I have been sickeningly aware of something odd since the taking of our boat by Iran and it really upset me that our people did not act more military crying ---there is not crying in the military in front of an enemy that has not physically done something to you it is not that you do not feel like it but if they are going to kill you crying is not going to bring about an emotional reaction to release you. asking for any favor like during the revolution in Texas one man asked that he not be shot in the head so his family would not endure a mutilation of his body the Mexican leader had him shot in the face and then the battle of the Alamo all the bodies were burned and no one was allowed to be taken as prisoner or given any status it was surrender or die. Snowflakes liberal thinking and some stupid ideal that words on paper mean something is INSANE. Marcus of Queens-bury rules be damned fight like they fight kill like they kill use their sensitivities against them psychological /mental warfare does that mean I condone water boarding HELL NO there are much better and 100% effective ways to elicit answers to questioning that require NO pain or permanent damage IMHO it was a underhanded attempt to madden the enemy into a furious rage to extend the war and that is not conspiracy theory it is science FACT we have the admission of General Westley Clark that there was a plan to destabilize 7 nations in 5 years --- who in the hell thinks because you dream up a plan that is going to all fall into place Just the way you plotted it out ?  we have "ways" to get information and have since the 1950's so why telegraph that we are going to use torture and then turn around and give them prayer mats and religious books ?  clean clothes religious appropriate food ????? It is time for Americans to think for themselves and quit listening to the idiot box called video media it is all filtered or manipulated or else people that actually believe the horse hockey they read as truth even Fox news is completely oblivious to reality the reality that we are not fighting a nation state we are fighting a war of attrition from a proxy dictatorial political group acting like they are a Religion the members rape murder and torture men women children INFANTS the elderly chop off heads of any all burn victims alive drown them in cages they have murdered 1.5 million Christians and Jews n the region and America the bastion  of freedom equality THE CHRISTIAN NATION has funded armed fed gave medical aid to WHO damn sure was not any Christians or Jews to defend themselves and while our military was there the women had to wear head covering NO Christian symbols like a cross etc.............. WAKE UP it is all a lie wrapped in a horse turd inside is another lie or like Russian nesting / Bubushka  dolls one inside another inside another and another LIES LIES LIES. Zombie apocalypse ? we are living it ! the government is run by zombies regurgitating the total bullshize they are fed back to us as gospel because they are idiots or Manchurian candidates,  turncoats or worse. if it walks like a duck quacks like a duck craps like a duck it NOT A DUCK it is a mask to fool the moronic masses that are ignorant of the truth. Something far more nefarious insidious malicious and planed is going on life is cheap and fools are pawns or meat for the MACHINE we lost 10,000 lives in wars for what exactly ? what end game ? and while we played war game by paper rules the enemy slaughtered 1.5 MILLION Jews Christians and other religious groups and millions more of the opposing religion of their own people ????????? We pay all sides give weapons to one side that is our enemy but because of geography they are now NOT OUR ENEMIES WHAT THE FUDGE----- iT HAS COME TO THE POINT i DO NOT EVEN RESPOND TO PEOPLE WHO ARE TALKING ABOUT THE MIDDLE EAST ! Even the people that have been there have been manipulated into a false narrative that cannot be supported by the evidence to the contrary and when told refute the evidence because admitting the truth makes them WRONG. and when there is that much blood treasure time effort pain suffering loss of time with family loss of friends dirty filthy conditions and by orders from on high convincing yourself there is some higher force at work to admit it is all a sham is like getting hit in the face with a bag of crap & puke --------- I have seen this movie it's arerun of hearts & minds exportation of democracy freedom blah blah blah to a people that cannot conceive or are a pariah of the world drug growing dealing freaks of nature or worse. our government tells us we are exporting a better way of life and all the while they are flooding into Europe undermining their government infesting the EU the UN and taking advantage of our laws to build organizations that tell us they are bridges to peace and at any moment KUMBAYA  we are all going to hold hands and sing we are the world -------     Aaaaaaaa;haaaaaaaa BULLSHIZE !!!!    
    • Very good I had a problem with the Aguila mini shells as they could filp over in the receiver and as we all know shells do not feed well backward the shortest I would now use is 2 1/2 shotguns used to be chambered in that now 2 3/4 is the norm,  got an 870 Wingmaster that I had the barrel punched out to 3" just in case I stuffed on in there as it will fire and kick like a drunk mule if it has a 2 3/4 only chamber otherwise the Wingmaster is the slickest of the 870 versions IMHO and still looks good after 40 years as a work gun.
    • Today I made 2 mini 20 gauge shot shell.  They are 1 3/4 inch over all length. Have a buddy that liked my 12 gauge mini shells a lot, asked if I could make them in 20 gauge, I said sure why not. First one I made is a number #4 shot load. Second one is a slug load. Will chronograph these loads at my shooting club this weekend.
    • hmmmm don't rightly know....