Sign in to follow this  
awake

As our economy spits and sputters like a man dying

i personally think the taxes are illegal, but that's a debate for another time...lol. They need to end the free trade agreements and charge tariffs on goods as was intended to fund the federal government. That in turn would probably bring back the manufacturing jobs from overseas, as the slave wages paid wouldn't make it cheaper with the tariffs. Just my 2 cents.

amen brudda!!!

Sorry I got my Bapticostal-Church of the Breathern-catholicism pants in a knot there for a moment.I need to wash somebodys feet soon,and get my Prayer Shawl out.

No problem 101matt. Nothing a good serpent handling wouldn't fix---sorry the devil made me do it

The Fair tax would help, but it wouldn't solve the problem (I am a fairtax supporter). Our Government needs to reign in the spending first. If my wife and I are looking at even goind slightly in debt, we cut spending (unless we are celebrating a holiday, which shall remain nameless, where eating, gift giving, and spending time with family over four hundred miles away is the norm). I am going to school now, and as such, have decided that I am going to concentrate on that, rather than a full time job. As such, we are in the "system" in our state. We have had our eyes opened alot since entering it. i can see why so many stay in it. Everything is covered, from birth, to food, to heating assistance. It's ridiculous. And it is compounded by the fact that if I got a part time job, we would not qualify for anything anymore, and would find ourselves upside down financially. i would have to get a full time job, and go to school to make ends meet on our own right now. And if my wife got a job, Daycare would eat up most of what she would bring in, plus some other nincompoop would be raising my kids during the day... Not a win for me. But even with as low as we are right now on the income stream, we put away a descent amount. We have a reserve of cash for a year (ok, not cash, but $$ in the bank, wish it were cash...), and we are beginning our prep in depth, and budgeting for it. If my wife and I can make ends meet with almost nothing, I am sure that our big wigs in the capitol can do the same with the trillions they get to play with every year.

As a side note, I really hate being in the system. But I will do what I can to keep my kids healthy while I need to. After collage is done, then off we come as I get a job of some kind (I will figure it out when i get there, but suffice to say I plan on getting some community education on things like bike repair, small engine, welding, leather working, tanning, etc. Little things that would be useful/marketable to individuals.)

Devils, serpent handlers, or snakes?

Serpent handlers,and we have our fair share of copper heads and rattlesnakes.

The serpent handlers are a spin off of a Pentacostal movement from the 20s here in southern WV.Some take it as a thing of Faith,well God gave us common sence too,but Im not saying they are wrong its just not for me.

I agree wholeheartedly. If there were one thing we could do to fix the problem, it would be to remove the human element. No people, no problem. lol. But you are right, there is no one solution, just a multitude of things that must be done to solve the whole problem. BTW, has anyone else been experiencing a drought recently? Here I am getting ready for the mother of all winters (as I have been told to expect by all in "the know") and there is just about nothing on the ground... In January. i am not a fan of the white stuff, but even I am beginning to ask mother nature to deliver on her nasty goods. Just curious.

i dont think there is any 1 thing thats gonna solve it all.

Rick, I have an even better "big first step", get rid of every politician in DC and replace them with civil servants instead of "self servants". Elected officials, I use the term loosely, should draw a salary equal to the median income of the entire nation. Of course this may force them to give even more of our money to the worthless cancer of entitlements; they should live in barracks equal to that of an NCO in the military; and eat at a Dining Facility (DFAC) or pay for the food out of their pocket. The elected crooks need some severe guidance (wall to wall counseling would be appropiate) to help them see the error of their ways.

and force them to be covered by Obamacare. if its good for the goose than its good for the gander.

+10. I too am sick of them exempting themselves from all the "great things" they pass for us. They also shouldn't draw a paycheck once fired (voted out) or even when they leave the job. Congress wasn't meant to be a 'career" but what one did to help their neighbors and fellow countrymen. By their reasoning, everyone who served in the military should draw their pay grade for life once they ETS and the military actually have to EARN their check.

I agree wholeheartedly. If there were one thing we could do to fix the problem, it would be to remove the human element. No people, no problem. lol. But you are right, there is no one solution, just a multitude of things that must be done to solve the whole problem. BTW, has anyone else been experiencing a drought recently? Here I am getting ready for the mother of all winters (as I have been told to expect by all in "the know") and there is just about nothing on the ground... In January. i am not a fan of the white stuff, but even I am beginning to ask mother nature to deliver on her nasty goods. Just curious.

Houston ended the year 24 plus inches below average. We had some rain late Dec but that got us to ONLY 24 inches down. No rain so far this year. Yep, drought continues. That means more expensive beef for everyone and more wild fire danger. Oh joy, oh Thrill!