Sign in to follow this  
awake

What will disappear first?

I will say it again IT HAS ALREADY HAPPENED!

everything is in place for a severe incident or drastic downturn in the markets this is street speak for

inner city riots & a prolonged depression.

EVERYONE ON THESE THREADS ALREADY REALIZE THIS I BELIEVE BUT FO THOSE WHO DON'T

the unemployment numbers are being manipulated for the upcoming elections as once your unemployment

runs out you are no longer counted if you are forced to take a job that does not afford you to keep your

vehicle home insurance or TOYS well it effects you, because your toys are worth less and insurance

goes up because 1 less is paying their share and taxes go up because any medical condition is now

taken care of unpaid by the county hospital and your house value goes further under water.

Other everyday amenities cost goes up like cable TV internet service and cell phone payments

because less payees so each has to bear the burden.

I am warning all who read these posts to get ready we are being warned Iran is at it again this latest

threat is merely to jack up the price of oil witch will benefit them as they sell oil and burden us because

we only produce 40% of our own.

the recent cost of food is only now stabilizing for 3.50 fuel the NEWS has warned interruptions in

oil deliveries will skyrocket the price of fuel and I know that it can happen stating things in these rooms

is dangerous but it can happen imagine a 50% to 100% increase in food fuel and power in 90 days

pull your head out of your azz before you all suffocate then again it might be more merciful than what

can befall you if your not prepared.

less than 2 years ago canned tuna here {this is a relative statement adjust to your area costs}

was 47 cents a can now its 62 cents this equates to a 27% jump in less than 2 years

now double it and everything else.

You say you cannot afford it well you cannot afford not to going hungry and listening to your children

crying because they are hungry is going to much harder when you look back and know you had a chance

to alter that.

I feel many look at previous SO CALLED events that failed to live up to expectations like Y2K are are

afraid of looking foolish but you will look more foolish I just say a lady complaining that she spent $300

dollars on tickets to Disney world and could only ride 3 rides and felt cheated imagine how any of us

have felt when we missed a golden opportunity well here's your chance I wold rather laugh at myself later

than suffer for untold months for my fear.

And I am not a fear monger I am a prepper which means the opposite I am ready and can face whatever

confident that I have done all I can to minimize my drag on friends and my community.

Snake, you make a point, many of them! Lots of people would rather turn a blind eye towards the events

happening. It's much easier for them. Then call the rest of us nuts.

A fella I work with read a book called One Second After. It became a

topic of discussion at the table. The guy said, and I quote; "I don't know what I'd do if something like that happened". The discussion continued and as he was telling bits and pieces of the story and what a mess it

was, "the aftermath". Later, I gave him a couple of websites for Berkey water filters , 25 yr storable foods and

a few other ideas. I told him what he done with it was his business and I'd just made it much easier for you

because I've already done the research. That book scared the bejeezus out of him. World events suck at the moment and should scare everyone.

I figure not many here would remember the Cuban missle crisis or Bay of pigs. My father, being a WWII vet was

a prepper, guess he'd seen enough death in the Soloman and Marshall Islands. I was 6 yrs. old in 1962 and he

began digging this hole. I didn't understand it until yrs. later. A bomb shelter, 1' thick underground, 2' thick on top with a 200lb 4x4 iron door and hand cranked ventilation system. Shelves stocked with food, water anything

imaginable. Actually parked a 55 Lincoln on top of it. Looked like a garage built into the house. It was all underground. Kinda wish at times I still lived there.

Snake, you make a point, many of them! Lots of people would rather turn a blind eye towards the events

happening. It's much easier for them. Then call the rest of us nuts.

A fella I work with read a book called One Second After. It became a

topic of discussion at the table. The guy said, and I quote; "I don't know what I'd do if something like that happened". The discussion continued and as he was telling bits and pieces of the story and what a mess it

was, "the aftermath". Later, I gave him a couple of websites for Berkey water filters , 25 yr storable foods and

a few other ideas. I told him what he done with it was his business and I'd just made it much easier for you

because I've already done the research. That book scared the bejeezus out of him. World events suck at the moment and should scare everyone.

I figure not many here would remember the Cuban missle crisis or Bay of pigs. My father, being a WWII vet was

a prepper, guess he'd seen enough death in the Soloman and Marshall Islands. I was 6 yrs. old in 1962 and he

began digging this hole. I didn't understand it until yrs. later. A bomb shelter, 1' thick underground, 2' thick on top with a 200lb 4x4 iron door and hand cranked ventilation system. Shelves stocked with food, water anything

imaginable. Actually parked a 55 Lincoln on top of it. Looked like a garage built into the house. It was all underground. Kinda wish at times I still lived there.

I was in high school during the Missiles of October. Not a fun time. Stress level was high but many said well, I'll just die then. Strange attitude.

I read a short story in a Sci Fi collection from the '50s. Wish I could find it again. Bar owner serving a group of scientist types from a defense plant. They tell him things like "yep, the bomb that will get us could already be on the way." After a little back and forth (You're kidding, right; Nope serious kind of thing) he gave them the key to the bar, asked them to feed the cat and drove for the boonies. After about an hour he decided they were kidding him, they wouldn't really be there if there was any REAL chance of a nuclear bomb. He stopped to call them and ask them to leave the key for him. As he got out of the car, he glanced back the way he had come from and saw the cloud!

Normalcy Bias will kill millions because we won't think of problems. Picking up my laundry this AM I joked about 359 days until the end of the world. Everybody in the place KNEW what I was talking about but NONE of them thought they needed to buy a couple of extra cans of chili! People are weird.

Capt. Bart Sir, People find it easier to turn the blind eye to the world events. At a point during the young mans story I'd mentioned above. When he looked at me and said "I dunno what I'd do", I couldn't seem to grasp what he'd said. I can't understand, people buy house ins., car ins., health ins., even make a plan with others to cut fire wood, or buy fuel for the winter. Don't realize they're preparing for something? Why in the name of God wouldn't they want to be able to feed their families, keep them warm and protect them when times get hard. Guess you summed it up with those three words. "People ARE weird". And a couple of them now think I'm totally nuts, go figure.....

Without going any further I think I'll shut up now.

In 1992, the year before Bill Clinton took office the end strengths were:

Army: 610,450

Navy: 541,883

Marines: 184,529

Air Force: 470,315

In 2000, the year before George W. Bush took office:

Army: 481,669

Navy: 373,692

Marines: 173,371

Air Force: 354,321

As of December 2007:

Army: 502,466

Navy: 345,566

Marines: 178,477

Air Force: 345,024

That's 25 Army Brigades and 8 Marine Battalions, give or take.

Edited by desert rat

Foreign: :1) situated outside a place or country; especially : situated outside one's own country

Domestic a) : living near or about human habitations

B) :relating to, or originating within a country and especially one's own country

Who know's what 2012 will bring? Major earthquake(s) in the U.S. California? San Diego?

Another Tsunami? China/Japan? Planatary alignment and pole shifts? Could the U.S. be the next north pole? Boy, I got a few pals that'd just love that! They can't stand the temp. to get under 60 degrees or they freeze.

To much stuff going on in this world not to be a prepper!

Edited by desert rat

Awake, dunno if you've heard this one, but the USSR is claiming land/sea or whatever at the North Pole.

Right freakin' now! Anywhere that has fossil fuel. North pole? That's ice you say.

"THAT IS ICE" Now I could be wrong on these numbers but I think USSR has around 75 ice breakers

around 60 of them HEAVY ICEBREAKERS Canada has approxamately 35 with 12 heavy icebreakers.

The US has 14 with only 2 heavy icebreakers. The Polar and the Polar Star.

What you say? Fossil fuel, Oil, Natural gas. Well, you ever hear of the last man standing?

Edited by desert rat

And I am not kidding;

this afternoon they were just laid off they were depressed dejected and upset and there are few jobs

available and the youngest is 57 so you can figure trying to find a job is like looking for chickens teeth.

all but one has taken my advice and been stocking up on canned goods and dry food and put back money and paid off their bills so we were all talking and I felt good, I did not do anything but having shared

information that caused them to start made me feel like I had help a bit,

One that had not listened is up a creek without a paddle bought a new truck after I said she should not

because her other one was paid for but had to have NEW and traded her old truck in.

when its someone else it's unfortunate when it's you OMG what do I do!!!!!!!

this is exactly what I try to explain to each person it does not matter if the world does not END

but if your only vehicle is repossessed and you have no job or income enough to maintain your life style your the walking dead now of days because with in 90 days your vehicle is gone your afoot and we live

in the country, and then your house will get repossessed and no where to live, and all during this time

your running around trying to find a job that can replace your income and when your older no one

wants you unless you highly skilled and in a job that does not have a lot of twerps in it.

the thing is to get skinny before the SHTF compact florescent bulbs and turn off lights when not in use.

keeping your thermostat set for economy compact bulbs work out side a little less light but any light is

a deterrent to crime.

I went to a non contract phone saved me 29 bucks a month basic cable and watch some shows on

the net. and eat out very seldom everything I do is to afford me prep stuff and some cash in the bank

no car payment own my home and only 2 credit cards with almost nothing on them.

a couple of times a year I have a garage sale and turn my unwanted stuff into cash.

you will find it difficult to adjust if you live like a fat cat and then are forced to live in a world you think

is beneath you your best defense is to pay off everything like vehicles or anything that is transportation

and a home or property that could be used as a place to live do not worry about CC cards pay them

but concentrate of transportation and a place to live if you have a travel trailer and small away place

at least your not in a tent.

this ain't over the post office will start laying off and 100 + sears and targets if they got hurt someone else did too one of the airlines is in trouble so all of you who have not understood that unemployment

is counted as people getting unemployment checks as soon as they run out your not counted as

unemployed if you take a job with less income and loose everything your not unemployed you are

counted as working politics and politicians are manipulating all of us and we are being lied to

because of the reality bias as most would freak out if they knew the truth and our economy would

really be in trouble.

I have already stated that it has already happened or is in the wings and we are about to have another round of home mortgage failures as each wave of layoffs more folks go under but the way

it has been happening {not intentional} there has been no master plan it is the way all previous

economic downturns have occurred the problem is they were never remedied.

As in refinancing a home even though it saves you money if you loose your job your still screwed

and I will tell you a secret reverse mortgages are the devils idea think on it if I buy all the homes from

all the elderly because they cannot afford their lifestyle because they are living longer than their

retirement this means it doubles or triples the price of a home by the time it can be sold.

now as a nation our middle class is shrinking so who id going to be able to afford these homes

not your children working at china mart or mikey burger and seeing how freddie and fannie owns 90%

of all mortgages they will own the lions share of all the property and rent them through management

companies so vicariously they are mining land think I am crazy fannie and freddie are 5 trillion in debt

not counted as national debt 15 trillion and banks are running 2 sets of books bad debt from home

loans and everything else and many cities small and a few large are barley making their payments and

selling more bonds and laying off police and firemen also releasing prisoners and inmates.

and now they are considering gambling on the internet and ignoring pot sales in California

next they will legalize prostitution hey we are running out of options pimping your children and wives

and a cash free country and look at all the taxes they will collect

{notice I did not say cashless society as it scares the crap out of the normalcy bias folks and non

religious people as it feeds into some seminal thought of biblical scripture}

sounds crazy doesn't it will keep on watching they are greasing you up and you do not even know it.

paper dollars have a limit digital means you can control the masses all the cameras if they see you they

cut your payment and who are you going to complain to press 27 for operator LMAO its coming

how long I do not know but we all fell it or we would not be posting in these rooms we would be

doing something else {I would be at P hooters LMAO}.

And I am not kidding;

this afternoon they were just laid off they were depressed dejected and upset and there are few jobs

available and the youngest is 57 so you can figure trying to find a job is like looking for chickens teeth.

all but one has taken my advice and been stocking up on canned goods and dry food and put back money and paid off their bills so we were all talking and I felt good, I did not do anything but having shared

information that caused them to start made me feel like I had help a bit,

One that had not listened is up a creek without a paddle bought a new truck after I said she should not

because her other one was paid for but had to have NEW and traded her old truck in.

when its someone else it's unfortunate when it's you OMG what do I do!!!!!!!

snake, good job on the early advice for your friends. i feel as a new prepper myself its my duty to spread the word about prepping as i go to others. you sir have beat the odds with this group, most listened and few blew you off. its usually the other way around, most think your nuts and a few think ya might be on to something when ya share the prepping advice. i have a couple idiot friends that "gotta have new" when the old is paid off and still works like a champ. they didnt listen either. shame isnt it? some people there just is no helping/warning, they will still do it their way.

[quote name=desert rat;7264

I'm afraid if I continue' date=' I'll be visited by 5 Blacked-out Chevy Suburbans.....Who knows? I'll be the first thing to disappear. LOL[/quote]

should that be the case then we have our answer to what/whom will disappear first lol.

ricksconnected

yep I got lucky but most people I talk to have had the feeling that something is in the wind

I just hope the people who read these threads do something.

I avoid people who do not take my little spiel to heart so I do not get into it too deep

and when they start asking pertinent questions I see they are interested and try to give them

all the web sites and info it seems they want or interested in.

like you said I am glad a few took the information to heart I keep hearing how things are getting better

but I just can't see it, and I do not want to be so negative and miss the upswing because that is

where you can make some money but nothing seems to be breaking right now.

well I wish all of you a happy new year stay off the road and be safe until next year or tomorrow...

snake,

i dont think it will ever be as good as it was again. my business is always one of the top 2 to go down in bad times and one of the last to come back up in good times.

my paycheck has gotten worse weekly over the last 3 yrs. i have to work 60 hrs to make what i was making 5 yrs ago at a 40hr week.

All I can say rayz and ricksconnected

IS WHERE"S THE BEEF we keep getting told its in there but, I am not doing as well as a few years ago

either, I go out on the net and look for any positive signs and all seem to be tainted.

investing and flipping homes I can build a house in my sleep but no way am I going there, renters

tear them up as fast as you can fix them and taxes and repairs as well as any cosmetic complaints

are your problem.

The government is considering stopping the home interest deduction oh great buy a house and try to flip

or rent and at the wrong time of the year and you loose your arse, and with tax increases considered

where is the profit even if you find a sucker or can float the paper yourself crack the 250,000 barrier

unless we get new blood in but I do not see it.

and I am sorry {not really but it sounds good} ron paul has got it half right but his foreign policy is

dumb as dirt he acts as if after slapping a big redneck he can just say time out and won't get his

azz handed to him.

mit romney is as big a metrosexual as I have ever seen now there is a 500 dollar haircut

he used to buy and churn businesses for profit he says hey business is business and we are suppose

to take it like neut getrich well old newt boy made his bones on the collapse of

fanny mae and freddie mac but say hey we did not do anything illegal, so I guess it all ok then.

and to vote independent is a vote for the other guy because pie in the sky wishing for a 3rd party

candidate to be a person we can all get behind is doubtful and a horrible plan B

so the republicans have done it to us again fielded a bunch of insiders or at least as dirty so they can't

rock the boat because if they do they will be exposed for what we all know they are but at this

moment we cannot prove.

now Michele Bachmann has a voice that will peel paint and she always screams her voice goes up

2 octaves when answering a question same with sarah palin they both have good ideas but

what this calls for a club not a tiny wrench with a Napoleon complex.

We need a military man / military strategist with fair statesmanship qualities

like Retired Army Col. Allen West at least he understands the Libyan question unlike rick perry,

I hate ragging on my own Governor but he freezes up like an old Packard bell computer.

Col Allen West diplomatic skills are well thought out planned and executed below in some detail

please read I think you will see why I love this guy

http://www.navyseals.com/ex-colonel-defends-controversial-actions-iraq-runs-florida-house-seat

well the present resident of the capitol needs to be changed that is all I know and as in the old song

jokers to the left of me jokers to the right I'am stuck in the middle with you..wondering what to do

and what has disappeared real choice in the last few elections and common sense it appears we are

politically correct to the point of impotence against even the smallest countries to do as we ask

even though we subsidize them not ain't that a hoot we pay them but they ignore us sounds

like our own government while shoving hands full of money into their pockets not listening at all.

How did your social security increase work out for you this year?

Was it comparable at all to the increases that the President gave his staff during this difficult

financial period?

Top pay raise of + 86% increase was to the Director of African-American Media. What is that?

The person must have done a great job doing whatever the Director of African-American Media

does these days.

here are the raises given under this administration while your suffering and tell me if they are fit to stay.

Description: http://cache.gawker.com/assets/images/gawker/2011/07/0706_whchart.jpg

I would miss alot if not all of it (minus the propane and coleman stove stuff), but I think i would REALLY miss feminine hygiene products. Ever been in the bathroom right after your lady friend has been in there while she was dealing with her little friend? now imagine if that were not contained. No thanks.

Awake

a pair of Danner boots only the best for the job

but I also like IMI military surplus

http://www.israelmilitary.com/boots-and-sandals-c-196.aspx

dependent on weather as to the type boots 32 degrees and below 32 degrees to 100+

wet or dry Amphibious use or ground crew / pounder

certain brands and models work better a man in the swamps would want a boot that drained and drys

quick.

others are water resistant for standard trail use in mud snow and water under6 to 10 inches deep

and sub zero are thermally insulated for long duration CWS and socks need to fit the use also or

your defeating {not a pun} the purpose

in another post I stated that a secondary pair of shoes should be a pair of rubber sole kung fu slippers

that can also be used as knee pads unless in a severe condition boots must be removed and feet

allowed to breath and dry socks exchanged and others to air and be washed if needed.

yes an army marches on it stomach but if your feet are trashed you ain't much good either.

gold bond foot powder is good also thin plastic like from cigarette packs placed against the skin replace sock resists friction in an area that is trying to start a blister.

wool socks are warm but can be rough and a regular tube sock in white cotton as colored socks have

dyes that can cause infection and allow fungus growth.

boot blousers keep your cuffs from hanging in brush and tripping you

boot gaiters are great to keep water and snow from topping boots and keeping cuffs dry and be

knee high for walking on hard pack roads and trails if your in the backwoods in snow

consider bib snow pants as this gives more dampness protection from snow and the bib adds a layer to

contain core body heat and crampons for Ice crossing and climbing and if your in this kind of country

magnesium snow shows for weight and use as fire starter

winter is a deadly enemy always waiting for you to make a mistake tools like ice claws flotation devices

ice axes dry suites etc....

every year people die because they were over confident or ill equipped or forethought to handle

crossing frozen ponds lakes or streams or are flat not prepared crossing steep banks and sliding into the

waters edge has killed many.

here is where my argument on running around with a 308 and a lot of ammo in cold weather your

already having to carry too much equipment so your rifle may need to be a trim bolt action and a few

boxes of shells and a 22 with mucho ammo for small game and defense and you still have a back up

I do not live in the snow line and I do not want to but I have dealt with it and understand it and lost

friends to it.

snow is like the swamp it adds another layer of difficulty one you cant cool off the other you freeze.

if you do not respect it or are ignorant of its dangers your just one more dead MFer

so what is the first thing to disappear the dumbazzes

Those of you that live North of the I-20 corridor in and around Hotlana probably have forgotten the Blizzard of 1993.

EVERYTHING that was supposed to move in this vast area did NOT move. People were hiking the Appalachian Trail and were snowbound. All of the Interstates (I-20, 75 and 85) were totally snowbound.

We had 6 to 10 feet of snow that started as a sleet storm on that Friday PM and lasted until Monday.

All of the grocery stores including Wal-Marts were out of bread, milk, balogna, peanut butter, Coleman stoves and fuel, lanterns, ANY size of battery and the flashlights for them. Shelves were bare to the bone.

Luckily we had wood heat and stayed warm. However, NO ell phones, internet, TV or satellite TV because the power was out all over this area.

Any time it even is rumored to have a SLIGHT possibility of snow, I already have stocked up and am ready this go around.

H.

Those of you that live North of the I-20 corridor in and around Hotlana probably have forgotten the Blizzard of 1993.

EVERYTHING that was supposed to move in this vast area did NOT move. People were hiking the Appalachian Trail and were snowbound. All of the Interstates (I-20, 75 and 85) were totally snowbound.

We had 6 to 10 feet of snow that started as a sleet storm on that Friday PM and lasted until Monday.

All of the grocery stores including Wal-Marts were out of bread, milk, balogna, peanut butter, Coleman stoves and fuel, lanterns, ANY size of battery and the flashlights for them. Shelves were bare to the bone.

Luckily we had wood heat and stayed warm. However, NO ell phones, internet, TV or satellite TV because the power was out all over this area.

Any time it even is rumored to have a SLIGHT possibility of snow, I already have stocked up and am ready this go around.

H.

see, i just dont remember this event. i swear it. people mention this one all the time but i cant remember it.

though i remember the blizzard of 77 in WV like it was just yesterdays.