Sign in to follow this  
awake

What will disappear first?

Every time the news even hints at a chance of snow, theres always a run at the grocery store for bread and milk, at the gas stations, (which isn't on the list btw) its Gasoline... they buy it up like crazy here, especially during a power outage and its raining, in the fall of 2009, a radio jockey, mentioned and repeated during his 4 hour segment, theres no gas for the gas stations here, causing the city of chattanooga, to panic and have a huge run on gas, causing 4 stations to run out of everything and shutdown, and numerous others, to only offer high grade.

and this is all, in the now, peace time...

lol ya think thats bad crazy, you should be down here in the ATL area where they have no idea what a salt truck looks like. one snow flake hits the ground and schools are shut down. i remember living up in WV as a kid. 4 ft of snow on the ground and it was "see ya when ya get here". man they hardly ever called school off for snow unless it came that morning.

Its still that way,last year a school board member got fired for NOT calling in a "NO School day" busses were stranded for hours on the back roads late at nite(Elementry school) and Parents were Pissed.Threats were made..lol

Tires for all vehicals, 12volt batterys will be stolen off the used car lots,SD cards for kindle,small spray reusable bottles,Lysol,Nylon hose for the girls,(we will use to strain stuff in)Garden hose,Child wagons.Corn cob pipes,Harmonicas(God forbid)mouth harps.

Very true LivingGreay, water is number one when it comes to whats going to be sought after first. One time I went to the store the day before a "big storm" was supposed to come by. I didn't actually need anymore extra water bought thougt it wouldn't hurt to stop on the way home and pick one up anyway. When I went in the store was going crazy, people were literally taking there arms and just sweeping stuff off the shelves into their carts. I noticed the pallet of water wasn't even touch so I went over there and picked up a case. As soon as I did a few people noticed me doing so and they came over then all of a sudden the whole damn store came flocking over. I was the first one to the pallet and the last one to leave

Water, toilet paper-have a years supply PLUS on hand already, food, matches-LOTS of matches, don't rush out to get anything, we just hunker down and sit tight. Too many knuckleheads go out panicking in normal times like "Black Friday" for "shoes", why should we "risk" ourselves for their stupidity? Guess the older I get the more of a Curmudgeon I become. I kind of like the movie "Secondhand Lions" anyway, LOTS of thought about sitting on the front porch...

Once the general population realizes that TSHTF (which will take only a short time), "what will disappear first" is the luxury of preparing. We will, ready or not, be quite suddenly forced into into survival mode.

Okay, water would be missed! Don'tchall have a katydine filter or two, (portables) for the B.O.B. and

a big berkey for bug in situations? I consider myself lucky to have water sources available.

Ever cut the bottom of your Tee shirt off for a wipe or three ?? Yup,

I have and if I had too I could wipe my butt for a year or more just outa the closets..

Lets see, what will disappear first? JMHO

"If" any store has power to run their money pits I'd say it'd be the same thing as what happens when

a horrific storm or catastrophie hits.

Milk

Bread

Canned foods

Batteries

Then you'll have some that'll go for teevees, sound systems, cameras ect.

There is a list of the top 100 things to disappear first around here somewhere. I just hope I'm as well off

as I think I am...... all I can say is you better have it before tshtf happens. I hope it doesn't and if it does,

I hope I'm long gone from this earth. I just hate it for my 8 year old grandson.

here is my guess after any ammo dry food water and rush on banks for cash

1. rechargeable and standard AAA, AA, C, D, 9Volt batteries vehicle and deep cycle batteries

A. any portable light

2. as stated above lighters and fuels butane liquid fuel for same and matches

3. generators solar panels off signs etc. wire and 12 volt accessories inverters DC to AC

4. Fuel of any kind alcohol gas diesel wood lamp oil propane candles cooking oil etc if it burns its gone

A. camp stoves lamps small torches and bottled fuels

5. bucket barrels totes anything that will hold liquid

6. medicines from aspirin to hemoroid cream to zink ointment and first aid stuffs

7. security hardware tools nails screws etc. fencing hardware ply wood and boards barbed wire tape plastic

8. emergency radios crank & shake lights etc.

9. camping hiking and military web gear etc.

10. booze all and every kind for personal use and trade goods.

it surprises me that in a normal city I can buy all the 22 lr shells and transport them in a pickup

wall mart only has less than a case so how do those who are not prepared plan to get any.

try this divide all the 22 in the store x number of people in the parking lot bet you will have more

people than boxes of shells

camping food same thing all grocery gas stations and sporting good stores would be cleaned out by

either crazed unprepared folks or the owners to barter for their needs later in less than 12 hours.

IMHO

Water, toilet paper-have a years supply PLUS on hand already, food, matches-LOTS of matches, don't rush out to get anything, we just hunker down and sit tight. Too many knuckleheads go out panicking in normal times like "Black Friday" for "shoes", why should we "risk" ourselves for their stupidity? Guess the older I get the more of a Curmudgeon I become. I kind of like the movie "Secondhand Lions" anyway, LOTS of thought about sitting on the front porch...

I really LIKE 'Secondhand Lions'. That was a way cool movie, a great lesson in what the presence of MEN (as opposed to males) can mean in a kids life. I'd LOVE to know what the entire speech was; oh, well, the part of it we heard was good.

Gotta admit, those old boys didn't 'rust away'.

Oh, the thing that will disappear first is the one thing I just discovered I need and was going to pick up on my way home ... tomorrow. Murphy WAS a bloody optimist.

everyone

should have a power inverter about 400 watt especially if your children or you have asthma or need

power to run recharge medical equipment and make sure the wattage fits the application.

your vehicle may be the only power source you have

good idea snake.

The inverter needs to be one that connects directly to the battery or hard wired in. Most cigarette lighters are only wired for 150 watts maximum or the wires can be burnt and you'll deal with a car fire as well. Great idea Snake.