Sign in to follow this  
tinderwolf

Blow darts

I have never used a blow dart gun but have seen them in use before. When I have seen them it doesn't seem like they work that great though those times could have been due to the user and not the weapon itself. Does anyone have one of these or has had any experiance with them? I know some cultures do very well with them but at the same time I' pretty sure they have some kind of poison on the dart.

Wolf, get you a Gammo pellet rifle. If SHTF, I'd throw my M-4 over my shoulder, grab my Gammo

and go sit on the mountain and hunt squrrills/rabbits. Super quite so I'm not giving my location

away unless you're within 50yds or so. It'll kill a small wild boar. Then again, the blowgun maybe cheaper.

to be honest i'm not really interested in acutally getting a blow dart gun I was just curious how others who have them liked them. Personally I would rather use traps, firearms, etc...but then again i'm a smoker so i would be giving away my position anyway after using the blow dart gun due to me wheezing=)

Never tried it myself...but years ago I read "Steal this Book", they had cheap blow gun instructions.

48" of 1/2" conduit

#14 knitting needles

golf tees

The problem I have with most of the darts that they sell with blow guns is that they look like they'd just piss a squirell or rabbit off.

The problem I have with most of the darts that they sell with blow guns is that they look like they'd just piss a squirell or rabbit off.

i can shoot mine into the steel fire doors at work to where you need plyers to pull the darts out.

so yeah it might piss them off but they will bleed to death before they can do anything to me.

I had one when I was younger. Just a cheap 4' from a gun show. Assembly of the dart (in my case, heating the tip of the metal shaft to insert into a plastic end) was critical. Had to be straight.

Dad told me not to shoot any animals with it. He caught me taking down sparrows in the back yard and threw it away. It was quite accurate, it can see the value of one for small, small game.