Sign in to follow this  
Regulator5

Slingshots

They even have a slingshot designed to fire tennis balls. I'm not worried about tennis balls, but may offer a better "shotgun" effect loaded with BBs and such.

tennis balls??? what am I on American Gladiator or something??? but yes that would be cool to try a buckshot effect.

what about making a "real" slingshot? like the ones cavemen used? its a real trick flipping your wrist at that right time for release

bought some aircraft paint remover for a project, but was thinking to hold off an attack, or at least make'm double think, some eggs and a syringe...

Edited by Crazy Rebel

Tractor supply was sold out.wally had them.b52..$7.49/replacement bands.$2.97..

$10.46 plus tax.

now Im looking for some rusted nuts i have in the tool shed.

Thank God no one asked for my ID.My Honey said "Cool" as she pulled it back.

Have fun Matt. Glad the wife liked it also, now get her one and make a game of the target practice. My dad and I do that with the younguns. We have them compete against each other for "prep" prizes and then they can get the "big" stuff if they beat us. Of course we let them win every once in awhile to boost spirits and give them stuff anyway....lol. We've found it to keep them interested and instills the competetiveness needed to survive. Team drills and competitions maintain focus on the unit and not just the individual.

Ok, ok until I read this thread for a while I will admit I have only used a slingshot to take out lights so a couple of days ago I went and bought a good one $72 and change, holy crap! David killed Goliath with a leather sling but I would bet money he would trade me. while I am not accurate with it yet, it has definite potential as a silent close in weapon. See an old dog can learn new tricks.:)

Ok, ok until I read this thread for a while I will admit I have only used a slingshot to take out lights so a couple of days ago I went and bought a good one $72 and change, holy crap! David killed Goliath with a leather sling but I would bet money he would trade me. while I am not accurate with it yet, it has definite potential as a silent close in weapon. See an old dog can learn new tricks.:)

wow ive never seen one that expensive. got a link for said slingshot?

Warrior, I used one over in the litterbox to dispatch wild dogs and cats; along with some "JAM" varmints. They are great for silent work.

Just got some marbles today,and they work just fine.I have a stray dog now and again come into my yard,my cats dont like that Idea so instead of trowing a stick Im launching glass.

It will probably cause the dog to seek grenner pastures. I normally just use river rocks if wanting to sting something and hopefully educate it to keep away.

im just an animal lover ya know. yes i fish and no im not against responsible hunting.

im from West "by God" virginia for heavens sake. of course i like those things.

my g.friend spends a lot of time in panama (no not panama city, but the country) working with

teams helping all the homeless dogs and cats roaming the towns, cities, and the jungles.

no shes not paid money but she volunteer's her time and money for the cause. ive seen the

senseless harm and slaughter of dogs and cats. its very ugly indeed. first ya gotta remember that all these creatures are Gods creatures and not ours to destroy. as sure as i write this i do believe we will have to answer for our actions towards all Gods creatures both human and otherwise.

your herd of cats will whip a dogs arse anyday if they are WV cats.

Rick, the only thing I try and get rid of is mice and rats. The dogs and cats were disease ridden and/or violent towards troops or were in a position to cause lofe threatening noises. My kids haven't met a stray they didn't love here, we have 6 animals...lol

Rick, the only thing I try and get rid of is mice and rats. The dogs and cats were disease ridden and/or violent towards troops or were in a position to cause lofe threatening noises. My kids haven't met a stray they didn't love here, we have 6 animals...lol

ok ok ok, i guess i gotta let you guys off the hook here. :P

yes tinder, a sling shot can take a dog no problem depending on the ammo of choice. a rock to the head can kill just about anything if hit in the right area.

I'm a Photojournalist working on a Slingshot article. I'll share a couple of photos comparing the two ammunitions. Remember - some Special Forces use slingshots for stealth, AND that some guns can shoot two ammos: .22LR/.22 Magnum, .38/.357 Magnum, .45/.410 and .22LR/.410. I shoot all of these and more.

post-1181-1385149779235_thumb.jpg

Maybe it is time you rethink slingshots. These are deadly, dangerous devices which are as lethal as guns. They are not toys or for children. They are for killing or distractions if I'm fleeing.

post-1181-13851497792562_thumb.jpg

Guns and Bullets are HEAVY. Slingshot with minimal ammunition is lighter. For a Slingshot, Ammo is everywhere.

post-1181-13851497792691_thumb.jpg

I hope this helps the discussion.

Jack Jobe, soon to be seen on National Geographic TV "around March" 2012.