Sign in to follow this  
Regulator5

Slingshots

Personally, ballistic eyewear should be included in multiples in every BOB (IMHO). I have clear lenses, yellow lenses and the dark tinted ones. I wear glasses, so I ordered prescription "eyepro" from WileyX for deployment (3 pairs). The light yellow, not amber, helps make things stand out in the woods (IMO) and help with target acquisition.

Agreed. We must remain fun loving, even with a serious subject or we will burn out and all will be for naught. I like seeing people post about making sure you have "leisure reading" and cards/board games for an event. We must keep spirits high or people will begin to wonder what the purpose of surviving is?

I always said. "you can solve most problems with a tall tree and a short rope".

I love my sling shot. My daughter loves shooting it aswell. Shes really good for 7 year old. We try to shot the crows.

I cant remember the brand I have but its a good one, but Ive snapped the tube a few times. I cant buy new pieces and have they wont ship to NYC, and usually have to wait to find one at a gun show in PA. sucks.

I cant remember the brand I have but its a good one, but Ive snapped the tube a few times. I cant buy new pieces and have they wont ship to NYC, and usually have to wait to find one at a gun show in PA. sucks.

i wonder why that is? get a friend to order it then ship it to you from out of state.

Sean, Mine also has a "gazillion" games and decks of cards. It does make it easier with being a residence year round.

Auto, they aren't really difficult to aim; practice will make you very effective (as with anything else). Marbles are cheap ammo to practice with and they will take birds and small game. I like the slingshot also for younguns, as it isn't as dangerous as a rifle for bystanders and they can harvest small game and birds. The older kids can start using the lead round balls for bigger game and it is quiet. also believe (from prior experience) that people seem to be able to use a slingshot easier than a bow; probably because of the lower draw weight.

LOL @ Tinder. You can probably check Dick's Sporting Goods and even Cabelas or Bass Pro. I have the Crossman with "magnum" bands myself. Wally World had a "hunting" slingshot for around $15 but my rinky dink one doesn't carry it.