Sign in to follow this  
JohnDoe1999

Tactically Unsound?

If you're worried about people stumbling onto your night location, then take steps to reduce the chance of it happening.

- Only enter your night location after dark

- Break track / fish hook / walk down a river / any other kind of deception plan so you aren't walking straight into your night loc and have some chance of throwing off anyone tracking you.

- Eat/wash/clean weapons/toilet break elsewhere before it gets dark. The night loc is solely for sleeping. Light and sound discipline should be heavily enforced.

If you're worried about not being able to get out of a sleeping bag, then dont zip it up all the way. It can be used much like a blanket with the option of zipping all the way up during colder nights. I've never used a tent myself, but in cold, windy and rainy situations when I'd want to use a tent, I'd also expect the threat level to decrease as potential enemies are forced to take shelter as well

THe answer has been around for over two thousand years. Travel cloaks. Double drop canvas with a hood is a great way to stay warm and in many case dry. Easy to get up and fight from our us to break up your form while hiding from others. Extremely easy to shed if need be. Often in places they would be cloths on one side and an oiled thin skin on the other to shed rain. I have actually been amazed that i only seem to find them around the ren fair crowd.

Just going to throw something in here. When you're setting up a place to lay low and you don't want it to be found, pick the nastiest most miserable piece of real estate that you can. The one place that you never want to go is in this case the best place to hide out, because no one else wants to go there either.

That was our technique back when I was doing the high speed stuff. We'd sleep in a snake infested swamp if available because no one with any sense would look for you there.