Sign in to follow this  
BlackHawk

UBBC Guide

Here is a guide to UBBC. For those that don't know, UBBC is the code that vBulletin uses to give visual effects and perform set functions. Here they are:

NOTE:All shown UBBC codes have an extra space after the final closing bracket ] in order to use these tags correctly do not include the extra space.

Text Effects

Bold - type [b ][/b ]around the text. Therefore, [b ]Hello[/b ] becomes Hello

Underlined - type [u ][/u ] around the text. Therefore, [u ]Hello[/u ] becomes Hello

Italics - type [i ][/i ] around the text. Therefore, [i ]Hello[/i ] becomes Hello

Center - to center text, type [center ][/center ] around the text. Therefore, [center ]Hello[/center ] becomes

Hello

Colour / Color - to add color, simply type [/color ] around the text. Therefore, [color=red ]Hello[/color ] becomes [color=red]Hello, or Hello[/color ] becomes [color=blue]Hello - Please note, use the American spelling "color", not the British spelling of "colour".

Images

Images are easy. Simply type img around the URL to your image. So for example, [img ]http://www.survivalcache.com/forums/images/styles/survive/images/logo.png[/img ] becomes

logo.png

Note: to center an image, simply use the center tags around the img tags. You can mix and match alot of these combinations together.

Linking Images

This is a little more complex, as it takes us into the next level of UBBC coding.

To link an image, you could type like this:

img[/url ]. This would then be translated like this:

logo.png

Links

To make a direct link, you can do one of two things.

First, simply paste the link, for example http://www.google.com

OR

To make is simply appear as "Google", you can type this:

Google[/url ] which will then appear like this:

Google

E-Mail Links

you can also add an e-mail direct link.

In order to do this, place the tags around either side of the address. For example:

becomes Name@email.com

OR

You can also use Name[/email ], and this becomes [email=Name@email.com]Name.

NOTE: This is not a valid email address, it has simply been used as an example.

Text Size

You can also change the size of your text using UBBC - its a great thing innit!

In order to do this, you must add [/size ] around the text you wish to resize. So, for example:

Hello[/size ] becomes [size=1]Hello.

Subscript and Superscripts

In order to use the Subscript or Superscript, you can add the [noubbc] or [/noubbc] commands respectively. Ergo:

[sub ]Hello[/sub ] becomes Hello and

[sup ]Hello[/sup ] becomes Hello.

Quoting

As we all know, we can simply hit the "Quote" button on the message we want to quote. But say you want to quote an external site, or quote something someone has said without giving the direct link to the comment (not recommended), simply add the

Sign in to follow this