Sign in to follow this  
Grant H.

Rothco Ruck's

I have been doing a lot of research into getting a BOB ready in my truck and my wifes SUV and I ran across the Rothco Ruck Sacks. What do you all think? I like that they have brown, olive, and tan. But for 80 bucks im sure I could find something that would work just as well for at least half the price.

Thanks, guys and gals.

I have seen these on the web as well and have often wondered about them myself. This is what I use and am probably going to catch a little flak but whatever. For the last year or two the bags I bought were "Fieldline" brand that you can pick up at walmart and some outdoor stores. They are a good price and some of them can hold a lot of stuff. For the time that I have had them I have not had one problem with them. Interested to hear if anyone else has the Rothco though.

Isn't Rothco considered the second best low bidder for military garb?

I think SDS or something DS is the one everybody wants on ebay when it comes to surplus FWIW

A molle 2 assault pack(the smaller one with no frame) I paid $35 shipped for and I also got a large Alice pack with frame for $35 shipped.

If you want the molle 2 rucksack with frame I think it starts around 65 or 85 bucks, and you add from there. fWIW

I saw some *killer* packs over at the fancy camping store for just over $100. I'd bet dollars to ddoughnuts they're more comfortable than the military, but no molle(which is great) and they didn't look as tough or maybe as easy to access as the military packs.

I'm no expert or anything, just my thought.