Sign in to follow this  
femvet59

soldier's tricks and needs

I have been a supporter of www.anysoldier.com for a number of years. For those of you who don't know about it, it's a support site for our deployed troops, started by a retired US Army couple. During that time I have gotten some good idea's how the troops survive and what tools/equipment they use both fo the heat and the bitter cold of the desert. I would encourage everybody to check it out ( and yes, support our troops if you can).

It's amazing what you can learn about what new equipment is available, what actually works and the simple things that make life easier.Please, check it out and let me know what you think.

A very good site for a very good cause, thank you for sharing. I'm going to take this chance like I always do on similar threads to thank all those that serve us. I was not in the military nor have served as a police officer or firefighter but GREATLY appreicate everything you people do for us, I know how hard it must be to be away from you families and take the risks that you do so THANK YOU.

I used to get weird looks from my guys in Iraq. They would stay in the AC as much as possible meanwhile their medic is outside in the heat, reading, cleaning my weapon etc.

Key to surviving in any temp is to acclimate. Of course you cant acclimate to negative temps so make sure to layer.

A great site and something I've supported for years now. Of course, I always choose a Marine (for my son) or a sailor (for my dad).

I've been surprised sometimes by what they'll ask for, either things they need or things that make life easier for them. And as far as I'm concerned, they can have pretty much whatever they want.

Sign in to follow this