Sign in to follow this  
JackJobe

Nat Geo TV put Us thru HELL & We Loved It

As an Inventor of a new class of Survival Tool, I experienced a miracle of future publicity. National Geographic TV's Doomsday Preppers producer selected my wife and me for a segment of this new series.

At almost 66 and with 'bad' arthritis, the 9am to 1am schedule for two days was brutal AND Fun. This is everything I could dream of - in an Entertainment format. Imagine having my quest to Educate the Public to the Basics of Survival covered by a four person crew, including a 7Xs Emmy-winning cinematographer, videoing your Coming Out Party.

The Producer challenged me to use my Stand Up Comedy to 'joke' about 2012 and survival. I turned to my Quirky Characters and Voices. "Imagine" a pirate with hat and eye-patch, sharpening his machete and saying "Arrrah, Matey, You are Only as Sharp as Your Blade. Remember Aron Ralston."

I am honored and I hope you find me a worthy spokesperson for our cause. We do realize the risks of Announcing our Preparedness, but I think you see I suggest on TV there will be a lot easier targets. (approx. date Mar 2012 - I'll post as I find a more accurate date.)

Enjoy the Best in Life, but Prepare for the Worst.

The experience pushed me into examining where I stood: what were my strengths and weaknesses? I'll write new articles from what I've learned. Update your old gear, for example. I had an old, metal 1st aid kit that had cooked to death from 20 years of baking in summers and freezing in winters. I replaced all liquids and many bandages.

The Biggest Complaint from people is "I don't want to carry all of that stuff. What's the least I should carry?" I answered that with http://www.instructables.com/id/Whats-the-LEAST-Survival-Gear-You-could-carry-/

IF you have suggestions, I'm eager to learn.

hell

I are a red neck I need everything my emergency blanket may help an accident victim

even my emergency radio when I am out working on the garden or yard I use one of them.

hatchet machete split kindling and chop vines had to tie down an awkward load used my paracord

water bottles have needed a drink on the road and water is good for you

my mutitool yep the only thing i have only tested was my magnesium fire starter.

raised my neighbors riding mower with my mini game block and tackle

used my tarp for working on the truck on and on I guess i use my Swiss army knife every day

and my compass to reset my satellite dish carabiners for tie eyes electrical tape yup

hell its all good

I am chomping at the bit to use my new Popeil pocket fisherman rod I am going to see what I can modify

as far as line size and type and the tackle compartment what is the best mix going to change the

wrist lanyard to paracord bracelet type and who knows the actual unit I will not modify.

if your going to carry your long bow and your 1,000 dollar 9 foot fly rod and 500 dollar reel well

not in east Texas you'll be hung up before you fall out of the truck.

you all need to get out more LMAO

As an Inventor of a new class of Survival Tool, I experienced a miracle of future publicity. National Geographic TV's Doomsday Preppers producer selected my wife and me for a segment of this new series.

At almost 66 and with 'bad' arthritis, the 9am to 1am schedule for two days was brutal AND Fun. This is everything I could dream of - in an Entertainment format. Imagine having my quest to Educate the Public to the Basics of Survival covered by a four person crew, including a 7Xs Emmy-winning cinematographer, videoing your Coming Out Party.

The Producer challenged me to use my Stand Up Comedy to 'joke' about 2012 and survival. I turned to my Quirky Characters and Voices. "Imagine" a pirate with hat and eye-patch, sharpening his machete and saying "Arrrah, Matey, You are Only as Sharp as Your Blade. Remember Aron Ralston."

I am honored and I hope you find me a worthy spokesperson for our cause. We do realize the risks of Announcing our Preparedness, but I think you see I suggest on TV there will be a lot easier targets. (approx. date Mar 2012 - I'll post as I find a more accurate date.)

(maybe wrong thread but) i've been doing some reading on plants we eat ,that have a natural insecticide.such as corn,beans,most european grains (except alafa).to check it out , i quit eating bread for 3 months joints and muscles quit hurting.then after starting back up, pain came back.cherokee and other north american indians put corn and beans in a container water and hard wood ash,for about 3 days then remove , rinse peel clear coating (natural insecticide) then use for bread.

I just saw a commercial for this show last night. Think its supposed to air in feb. My wife just rolled her eyes so might have to watch this one in the living room while shes in bed! LOL Maybe it was the commercial, but I hope this show portrays preppers in a positive light and not that its all a bunch of crazies. Sorry but tv puts a negative spin on a lot of things

I just saw a commercial for this show last night. Think its supposed to air in feb. My wife just rolled her eyes so might have to watch this one in the living room while shes in bed! LOL Maybe it was the commercial, but I hope this show portrays preppers in a positive light and not that its all a bunch of crazies. Sorry but tv puts a negative spin on a lot of things

Tuesday nights at 9PM Ch 186 on Dish Network.

YO JJ..."I am honored and I hope you find me a worthy spokesperson for our cause."

I for one dont need a SPOKESPERSON.. Im loud enough to be heard and dont waste my time putting pearls before swine.Its not a cause its a life style that has been forgotten in America. Being READY or if you prefer the current "CATCH PRASE" preped was a Life style.

I hope you make TONs of money and get what your looking for.

Please leave me and mine alone..

Guest kevin

hey matt i agree. i have no need for a spokesperson, dont much give a damn who thinks im nuts....hope i am wrong about what i believe is coming.....just would rather have gear i dont need insted of need what i dont have. but i bet we BOTH still watch the show.....got to be better than man vs wild and even that steaming pile has a nugget every once in a while.

UPDATE: Live.FOXNews.com yesterday AND

Our episode S1E9 (Series 1 Episode 9) is scheduled to air March 27, 2012

PLEASE remember "Reality TV" ISN'T! ....... and I promise a lot of survival tips between the 'laughs' - hope you like the comedy act. PS: "Knife training" still makes us laugh.

PPS: it's Okay to poke fun or offer suggestions to us.

I for one dont need a SPOKESPERSON.. Im loud enough to be heard and dont waste my time putting pearls before swine.

I don't consider your friends, and neighbors "Swine". I would rather educate mine than fight them for food later. Forgive me for encouraging 'your neighbors' to Be Prepared. I have the courage, the 'Story Teller' skills and desire to make the world a better place before I die.

PS: I suggest a grammar checker so we 'swine' can read your messages more easily.

I for one dont need a SPOKESPERSON.. Im loud enough to be heard and dont waste my time putting pearls before swine.

I don't consider your friends, and neighbors "Swine". I would rather educate mine than fight them for food later. Forgive me for encouraging 'your neighbors' to Be Prepared. I have the courage, the 'Story Teller' skills and desire to make the world a better place before I die.

PS: I suggest a grammar checker so we 'swine' can read your messages more easily.

Yeah this is a thing most people don't seem to keen about, and I'm just gonna say it, you will need neighbors (atleast the smart ones) to be on some sort of the same page as you. If a neighbor doesn't know you, he won't feel as bad stealing from you.

Ok so you dont like my grammer!

how about this YOUR a ..Yorkshire...AND.........looking to get rich off the CURENT "NEW" Thing..

About teaching others..you cant teach others anything if they DONT WANT TO LEARN And DONT CARE!!!!

I directed my coments to "THEM THAT DONT CARE" and not my neighbors you a$$hole..so dont go all righteous about Helping a neighbor................

Its about fixing the personal need you have "Emotionaly" to SHOW how GOOD you are...

A wise man said "Some folks are educated more than there Intelligence "

JMHO YOU darn well fit into this Category!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by 101matt

Guest survival101

Wow... Just want to say. I see it both ways. Jack, your segment wasn't bad. Pretty cool. Ok, I did smile at the knife segment, but I know how hard role play is when you first try it. You always feel silly at first. I really thought you were sincere in your sentiment that you'd rather teach your neighbor than kill them. I have no idea what product we are talking about, so that makes it all the much better.

I didn't see any blatant advertisement. The guy after yours was selling seeds. So, it's not something I'd do. Go on NatGeo, but that's not what I feel called to do. I'm just trying to figure it out, and learn something. There's really no need for me to care if you got dollars or publicity. My deal is my deal, and your deal is your deal. Life is like that. Thanks for what I learned from your segment, and good luck to you.

What survival tool did you make?

Oh and congrats by the way. Make the preppers proud.

Sign in to follow this