Sign in to follow this  
ricksconnected

i need reading books or mags.

Rick,

Pick up a copy of Shotgun news and, I'm not kidding here, read the ads. Most of the firearm magazines out there seem to be advertising the latest and greatest from whoever happens to be paying for advertising in that particular magazine. I'm not sniping here, everybody has to make a living and there are some good articles out there,but Shotgun News doesn't make any bones about the contents being mostly ads. That said, the most recent issue of SGN I read had an interesting article on upgrading your SKS.

By reading the ads, you can get a feel for firearm prices and available accessories, which can sometimes really impact the actual cost, as well as introducing you to multiple suppliers out there. I discovered CDNN this way and I have been very pleased in their magazine prices and quick shipping. For the tactical side, I defer to the LEO contingent for that. I just enjoy punching holes in paper. I hope this helps.

The News usually has two or three articles per issue, including handgun related. I was thinking you can see a wide variety of firearms (including handguns) and related items like magazines and sights for sale so you can have a realistic idea of what you should expect to pay and what may need to buy. Here is an example that both Capt Bart and I have mentioned at different times. We both have owned the Bersa Ultra Compact 45, which I consider a great semiauto pistol for the price ( I think I paid $250 for it lightly used). However, if I knew magazines cost upwards of $40 each, when you can find them, I might have reconsidered. SGN has extensive advertising of all kinds, including for replacement magazines, so I might have learned from it there first.