Sign in to follow this  
MommyLiberty5013

Land Reinvestment Programs

I assume many states have these, but this is the first time I have heard of it. It came up while we are doing our search for a new place, more rural, to live...with some acres.

Apparently, there is a program in my state in which private property owners can enter their property, or portions of their property, into land programs. The programs pay the land owners each year for being in the program, but the idea is that the land in the program is reinvested to remake natural habitat, be that forest, wetland, or prairie. And, the land is not to be developed or used for agriculture (wide open tillable fields or livestock).

One property we like is in this state program. I have to find out more details...like would this prevent future owners from making at-home gardens, raising non-native bees, and/or making private fruit tree orchards?

Is anyone familiar with this type of program? My gut tells me it's all about government oversight and their yuck hands in private citizens' business.

it sounds like its a dead end to land development for agriculture or residential use. i'm sure that they will lure you in with all sorts of promises but when you actually buy it all sorts of issues will come up making the place unlivable...a lot like a HOA...

Any "PROGRAM" by a government agency has legal issues unless your a lawyer / senator / congressman etc. it will screw you someway somehow.

In Texas there are all kinds of land programs they will end up costing the land owner you pay the tax and follow their guidelines sometimes there are loans ti "IMPROVE"

there are programs to deforest remove certain species the government calls it pollution / removal of mesquite cane and other plants to retain ground water but then animals species would be effected IE habitat for birds especially Owls and dove the morons cannot see where removing a tree it is replaced with grasses not all native and not all produce positive results grass is a fire hazard burns fast and intensely.

Like all the other programs states and feds have come up with they are all failures inserting invasive foreign species like the Nutria (water rat) to eat / clear hydrilla or water grass from lakes well that was a total failure they burrow in the bank and the bank erodes and land owners have to build bulkheads made from TREATED LUMBER lest their land is swallowed by the lake (all man made as we only have 2 natural lakes in Texas)

they eat the roots and kill all plant matter they also eat crayfish etc etc and have left no habitat for fry / baby fish.

then tere is the Vietnamese Grass Carp another screw up.

As far as water if it's wet you do not own it you cannot raise food near it as topsoil is considered a pollutant you cannot hunt as it is protected WET LAND etc etc.

When you work with state local or feds your shaking hands with the DEVIL for every positive they have fine print negatives that remove you as owner and you become a share cropper and have responsibilities and paperwork and meetings.

All water shed is / can hold migratory birds that makes it FEDERAL look up Canada's water fowl problems in one area their were so many birds they tainted the water with fecal matter so bad it killed them and all the other species like frogs etc.

Cattle are now considered invasive species gardens are being targeted by laws as none of the plants are regional all are invasive species

deer hunters are in league with the state to plant edible plots to increase deer population ???? and every deer drinks more water than A mesquite tree 

they are a road hazard BUT they produce income to the state in hunting license so that makes them OK.

We used to wipe out all the Nutria once a year as they would undermine the spillway of the lake they would get stuck in the intake of power plants screens etc etc etc...

Water is the fight of the next century Colorado it is illegal to collect rain water LMAO  but it is legal to squander water on raising  Marijuana and it uses A LOT OF WATER to grow.

Laws PROGRAMS and subsidies grants and partnerships ( partnerships are like marriages most end in divorce) it sounds natural but it is NOT water sheds are actually swamps producing mosquitoes and disease in areas where if it was not originally that way make your or the governments plan an act against the environment as well most unnatural land schemes cause as much destruction as deforestation a wet land is increased more species move in and in drought it dries up and all the increased species die of dehydration.

I have known and worked with biologist and biology is their religion and they all have different views and some are in lock step with the same failed policies that allowed in invasive species of plants and mammals and fish that have created nothing but problems some view native species as bad and want to terraform an area into a NEW OASIS and screw up more land then have to re-engineer and bring in another species to try to fix some other problem.

The trees they plant here are for lumber they are not local species they are fast growing 20 year varieties so they are NOT natural or indigenous but it makes the STATE MONEY the rancher or farmer makes money off the sale of lumber and gets an offset of taxes but trees shadow the ground so no grass grows so now the rancher has to but hay and haul it (USING MORE FUEL) this is environmentally unsound thinking.

Consider well you get nothing for nothing I have heard of areas where the land owners cannot sell their land and can only leave it to a dwindling number of relatives / descendants untill the LAND returns to the government  and during that process no more buildings can be built and even repairs can be limited so if your septic tank fails because you cannot contain the sewage your evicted as YOU are now the polluter.

and it falls to you and your estate the cost of removal of the buildings and septic system to return the land to it's natural state so the birds deer and whatever can crap on it .......

This is the area where media and government control the information you will never hear of all the troubles and failures of any "PROGRAM"

all the information is skewed toward the state or governments proffered outcome mostly for them to own all the land and water rights as YOU / humans are the invasive species that they really want to get rid of and your progeny and that is not opinion read most any information from the Government and you use too much water crap too much eat too much and have too many children cats dogs use too much carbon and take up too much space.

Even when your dead I have heard where they want to reclaim cemeteries they already do move out the dead build commercial land projects 

once the city expands move the dead again and do it all over.

Notice how you sell or alter your land to help the environment and some senator wants a toll road and it's OK for them to change the law and take that land and build a cement abortion on it but while you had it it was protected LMAO yea protected from you making the profit.and you paid taxes all those years your a renter with NO rights they only make it appear you have rights too many friends have to pay lawyers to fight off government intrusion or fill out forms contract reading or making and end up paying money up front for a supposed windfall later a friend is 70 years old he just planted a hundred acres of trees to be harvested in 20 to 30 years now thats optimism IMHO......  

I researched this program more. A few years ago, our state's legislature voted to tax all the land that is in the Program at the SAME level it would be taxed at if it were still under use. So basically, a property owner has land in the Program, but gets taxed at the same level as they were before the land was ever enrolled. It's a recent change. A perfect example of the over-reach of government and the outcome of poorly managed finances at the government levels. They want to tax it this way to get the money they need for all their spending.

Anyway, we visited this particular property and it is a nice place and would be a fantastic family home and property, so it is so disappointing it is in this Program. If it were not enrolled we would highly be considering it as a new place to live. Now, we're not touching it with a 10 foot pole.

Sigh.

So sorry MommyLiberty5013 but at least you found out beforehand and once in the program they move the goal posts to suit them and screw the owner.

check the county tax office and look for tax lien property as well as some areas that have died off either the area has no jobs or too far from cities if that does not bother you you can find the owners and make an offer some people are motivated to sell as long as you have a steady income you can thrive there were others cannot.

Here in Texas you need 10 + acres to be able to hunt / use firearms without anyone telling you what to do.

look for similar laws in your area see how many animals and type or ground under tilliage to have an agriculture use land tax reduction etc etc.

If anyone bothers to search out the origin of all these "PROGRAMS" they will find that the first people to benefit were judges lawyers and politicians

and big business men as they were the power brokers and legal eagles looking to line each others pockets.

I love to hear how "SO and SO' gave loads of cash to foundations lobbyists political moguls but they end up with what they give and more back it is all a parlor trick if they were a butcher you would pay them for their thumb for every cut of meat.

the government lost money on a house of prostitution in Nevada that should show anyone that they are corrupt inept and clueless.

It was not to pay for the WAR WWI as people have stated:

In 1913, the 16th Amendment to the Constitution made the income tax a permanent fixture in the U.S. tax system. The amendment gave Congress legal authority to tax income and resulted in a revenue law that taxed incomes of both individuals and corporations. In fiscal year 1918

We entered WWI in 1917 SO if it was to pay for the war we sure had a heads up on it didn't we :o and should have kept the October 29th 1929 crash from happening ?

Well it did not the fact that people were allowed to borrow money to invest (just as today} mega corporations borrow on thier cash holdings and buy risky investments but individuals cannot technically individuals who invest are breaking the law too complicated but I digress.

Our problem is that our government is constantly Vaselines the deck of the Titanic moves the deck chairs and fiddles with the compass once there is a danger they yell full speed ahead-----

Iceland in 2008 crashed the WORLD BANKING SYSTEM

a global crisis resulting in a number of bank failures in Europe and sharp reductions in the value of stocks and commodities worldwide. The failure of banks in Iceland resulted in a devaluation of the Krona of Iceland  and threatened the government with bankruptcy. Iceland was able to secure an emergency loan from the IMF in November.

If you read published history there was only ONE crash the one of 1929 but I seem to remember very hard times in  73 82  87 99 2008 all of these

Corrections altered the deck chairs and more Vaseline and not enough lifeboats (other countries left to rob as we have already screwed them)

Now I ain't no rocket scientist but borrowing your own money seems pretty stupid and then to use it to pay interest on previous debt well that's just the definition of IRONY isn't it ?

The reason why I mention all this is to explain why if anyone can to buy outright if there is a loan against the property any difficulty in the monetary system will starve you out I have even heard of paying 20 dollars of the money in silver in the contract as that is NOT paper currency that is not backed by anything but good will and go ask your bank for a loan on your good will and see where that gets you LMAO....

I am not certain anything is safe but due diligence and knowledge may save your bacon in the future IMO.

I researched this program more. A few years ago, our state's legislature voted to tax all the land that is in the Program at the SAME level it would be taxed at if it were still under use. So basically, a property owner has land in the Program, but gets taxed at the same level as they were before the land was ever enrolled. It's a recent change. A perfect example of the over-reach of government and the outcome of poorly managed finances at the government levels. They want to tax it this way to get the money they need for all their spending.

Anyway, we visited this particular property and it is a nice place and would be a fantastic family home and property, so it is so disappointing it is in this Program. If it were not enrolled we would highly be considering it as a new place to live. Now, we're not touching it with a 10 foot pole.

Sigh.

Glad you dodged a bullet mommy...