Sign in to follow this  
CCSir

Periodicals (Magazines)

What survival/preparedness/gardening (etc.) related magazines do you read?

A couple of my favorites (some subscribed too, some not)

Backwoods Home Magazine

Backpacker Magazine

Also, American Hand-Gunner runs a couple "Personal Defense" and "Survival" special issues once and a while that I find enjoyable.

There was a magazine that came out last year but it is only published annually. It was called The New Pioneer and since have only seen this years edition as well. Wrote them a nice letter telling them it would be great to get it "more than once a year." Sadly, as for now, that is all they are going to be doing. I think it is part of Country Almanac.

Edited by CCSir

As of now I do not subscribe to any of these type of magazine. I do all my research online. However depending on what people suggest I might have to check some of them out as well as the ones you have just mention. Alot of ones I have seen are geared more towards tactical type of stuff which I get tired of real quick.

tinderwolf,

Bot the Backwoods Home and The New Pioneer are both geared towards self reliance. There are some articles about guns but nothing "tacti-cool" about them.

You may enjoy them.

Backpacker always has some great gear stuff for your backpacks, and some great hiking trail reviews as well.

tinderwolf,

Bot the Backwoods Home and The New Pioneer are both geared towards self reliance. There are some articles about guns but nothing "tacti-cool" about them.

You may enjoy them.

Backpacker always has some great gear stuff for your backpacks, and some great hiking trail reviews as well.

I second Backwoods Home. While it is not a "survival" mag, it is a great reference for rural living and off grid living. I subscribe to it and like it a lot. Since it is not a "survivalist" publication it has the advantage of not being quite so identifying of your attitudes to the inquisitive and it avoids a lot of the mall ninja non-sense. I have not seen The New Pioneer but if it is like Backwoods Home http://www.backwoodshome.com/ it would be a good read.

i dont subscribe, but i will pick it up from time to time and thats "Mother Earth News".
yup,,me too, years ago i read backpacker mag ,,,may have to start up again ,, i somehow find reading an actual mag or newspaper more satisfiying than the internet...

yup,,me too, years ago i read backpacker mag ,,,may have to start up again ,, i somehow find reading an actual mag or newspaper more satisfiying than the internet...

lol we get your point. motherearth news is a very cool mag. its right up the preppers alley.

Home power is good for off grid info

hangunner mag put out "Reality Check Survive 2012" -good resource

mother earth news is good if you can put up with the hippie attitude it has from time to time.

Backpacker is an old fav.

Any mag with firearm reviews.

Any mag with knife reviews

Fyi I am the old guy at Barnes and Noble reading these from cover to cover sipping at my Americono espresso. I will miss my caffeine addiction when shtf.

Boy's Life

I wonder what ever happened to Mans lifemanslife56-09.jpgmanslife58-03.jpgmans-life-may-1957-cover-by-will-hulsey-www.jpg?w=310&h=400

But all jokes aside I remember boys life used to have good stories of getting out of life threatening scenarios. I think any magazine that offers new information on a skill your trying to build will help progress your survival agenda. for example magazines on construction or redesign will offer weird little bits of information that you might completely over look until you have to find a way to redo your floor with out power tools and you remember an article on stone-working.