Sign in to follow this  
Danm

Improvised Weapons

The other day I helped a friend design, tool and sew up an old school Black Jack slap. It got me to thinking about some of the simple weapons that have mostly been forgotten or over looked by most folks these days. Because of the many years my wife worked in prison I've heard of their various “homemade” weaponry.

The most common and deadly is the old lock in a sock or whatever you have that is heavy stuck in a cloth that will hold it so you can swing it like a mace. In the centuries past they even made these up ahead of time and used them like a sling and threw the entire thing. With a two pound rock you can do unbelievable damage when thrown from near distance. Inmates regularly kill with something in a sock. If you just want to beat the hell out of someone a bar of soap in painful with only minimal chance of killing someone.

You can sharpen the edge of a credit card or and high density plastic and slice tomatoes with it...or cut someones throat if needed. Plastic is a deadly tool. They used to let the inmated have regular toothbrushes and dental floss. To many of them ended up stuck in someone and the floss braided and used as a garrote. Now they get flossers and little tooth brushes that slip on the end of your finger. I've actually done the credit card thing and believe me it is SHARP! I have an older Lansky Letter Opener it is just a plastic double edges dagger that you can drive through a piece of ½” plywood.

Paper can be rolled up like a long slender cone and with starch turned into a danm spear!!! It won't pierce a flack jacket but it will go through a regular shirt and a light coat or pants! You wouldn't believe the stuff inmates can make out of paper!!

If you don't have pepper spry...use pickled jalapeno peppers! In my youth I carried a jar of them in my candy apple red 56 Chevy. Put one in each hand and just slap the hell out of a couple of guys and then throw what is left at anyone left standing. If you get it in their face the fight is OVER!! WARNING, do NOT think that washing your hands with soap will get this off your hands and then go to the bathroom!!!! BAAAD VERY VERY BAD!!!

An old Green Beret that I used to hang out and fish with. He was part of the first batch that JFK was responsible for when the green benies were first designated as the OFFICIAL wear of the 10th Special Forces group at Fort Brag on October 12th 1961 and made official in April 11 1962. Anyway he told me that one mistake that people make is defining dangerous people by the weapons that they possess. There Are no dangerous weapons out there; JUST dangerous men and they are dangerous even if they are butt naked. The mind is your arsenal if you keep it stocked you can never be unarmed.

I can always improvise a knife chain whip if needed.

Attach a small full tang knife that has a hole at the back grip of the knife & attach my dog chain to it.

Can be assembled within seconds, a chain whip knife.

I'm always walking my dog with chain & full tang knife in toe.

Carefull, if your not trained in Kung Fu weapons, one can hurt one self.

Here's a video of a chain whip in action at 1:20 in the clip.

https://ca.video.search.yahoo.com/video/play;_ylt=A2KLqIrjAo5WxnkACU.W7olQ;_ylu=X3oDMTBzMmQ2MHUwBHNlYwNzcgRzbGsDdmlkBHZ0aWQDBGdwb3MDMTc-?p=kung+fu+chain+whip+knife+weapons&vid=e76464493cde041cf98270d9611530f6&turl=http%3A%2F%2Ftse3.mm.bing.net%2Fth%3Fid%3DOVP.Vbe49c79d8427b549b138b52ea84fefa0%26pid%3D15.1%26h%3D168%26w%3D300%26c%3D7%26rs%3D1&rurl=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DnRY3ESQnkdQ&tit=Shaolin+Kung+Fu+Wellness+Center+Weapons+Demo&c=16&h=168&w=300&l=157&sigr=11b0vglgr&sigt=11c0smnb4&sigi=131ec65kb&age=1340323096&fr2=p%3As%2Cv%3Av&fr=yfp-hrtab-715&tt=b

I can always improvise a knife chain whip if needed.

Attach a small full tang knife that has a hole at the back grip of the knife & attach my dog chain to it.

Can be assembled within seconds, a chain whip knife.

I'm always walking my dog with chain & full tang knife in toe.

Carefull, if your not trained in Kung Fu weapons, one can hurt one self.

Here's a video of a chain whip in action at 1:20 in the clip.

https://ca.video.search.yahoo.com/video/play;_ylt=A2KLqIrjAo5WxnkACU.W7olQ;_ylu=X3oDMTBzMmQ2MHUwBHNlYwNzcgRzbGsDdmlkBHZ0aWQDBGdwb3MDMTc-?p=kung+fu+chain+whip+knife+weapons&vid=e76464493cde041cf98270d9611530f6&turl=http%3A%2F%2Ftse3.mm.bing.net%2Fth%3Fid%3DOVP.Vbe49c79d8427b549b138b52ea84fefa0%26pid%3D15.1%26h%3D168%26w%3D300%26c%3D7%26rs%3D1&rurl=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DnRY3ESQnkdQ&tit=Shaolin+Kung+Fu+Wellness+Center+Weapons+Demo&c=16&h=168&w=300&l=157&sigr=11b0vglgr&sigt=11c0smnb4&sigi=131ec65kb&age=1340323096&fr2=p%3As%2Cv%3Av&fr=yfp-hrtab-715&tt=b

do you know kung fu?

I don't know Kung Fu, but I do know his brother-from-another-mother, Akkido. They come from a respected Asian family genealogy.

I used to carry the tube socks I got for Christmas, (12 pairs per package), with some excellent sand in a ball in the bottom of a doubled sock. I used it as a mallet for dogs playing chase the paper boy, they worked well. I even had to use them on three "hippies" (They looked like hippies to me as a young teen) that tried to rob me. Worked extremely well, and I emptied the socks while idling home "from the creek scouting out fishing locations"...

Of course outlawed for decades in my native Communistafornia, but I didn't care, it was something I personally as a 12 year old figured out that I could do for ME.

You never know when you WILL need those wet sandy socks!!

I should add that I have met several self proclaimed KungFooeyLooies when I was in law enforcement, was seriously underwhelmed with their self anointed/proclaimed capabilities...

Real practitioners rarely profess their skill sets.

I know so much foo it be ridicules but my favorite is winning FOO 

I know car antenna foo, tree limb foo, banana tree foo, bicycle chain foo, 7/16th inch chain and D ring foo, three stooges finger in the eye foo,

Bic pen foo, que stick foo hot coffee foo. Texas titty twister foo rolled up newspaper foo, tire tool foo and can foo most fools rather easily.

there is a lot more foo but I am tired of foo-ling around.

I know so much foo it be ridicules but my favorite is winning FOO 

I know car antenna foo, tree limb foo, banana tree foo, bicycle chain foo, 7/16th inch chain and D ring foo, three stooges finger in the eye foo,

Bic pen foo, que stick foo hot coffee foo. Texas titty twister foo rolled up newspaper foo, tire tool foo and can foo most fools rather easily.

there is a lot more foo but I am tired of foo-ling around.

You no foo me.

Me no foo-ling around when it comes to Kung Fu.

Respect a Sea Foo or get you Sea Fut handed to you. lMAO more ways than one!

Danm Snake car antennas are just EVIL. I hid and watched a dude just WHIP the hell out of three other guys to pieces with a car antenna in a pool hall parking lot about 40 years ago.  

A kubotan is a small hand held weapon. You see them all over the place. some look like pens some like metal small sticks. The nice thing is that almost anything that is hard, about 5" long and 1/2" in diameter can be used as one. A plastic pen stabbed into an assailants face will go a long way towards dissuading them from any nefarious behavior.

Actually not. The roll of quarters gives your hand extra weight and makes  the punch more powerful but also will lead to busted knuckles. The Kubatan is used in a way that does not involves the knuckles. Instead you strike with the end of the rod out of the closed fist. Speaking as someone that has broken several knuckles before learning that they are not actually designed for hitting hard heads and other simularly hard objects a kubatan is a big improvement over a roll of quarters.

I have a flashlight/pen/kubatan that my daughter gave me that I carry almost all the time. 

I see things differently.LOL.

I know all the pressure points of the human body.

That said, just my finger tips with the right pressure will put a grown man down to their knees.

Most people will break boards with fists.

Try breaking boards with your finger tips.

Most people think they need some sort of weapon to keep them safe.LMAO.

Heck my body & mind is a weapon.

One needs to be swift in speed & know how to hit with technique in the right places.

Anyways what do I know, sh!t comes my way I'll dish it out as well.

Most people will talk the talk.LOL .

But in most cases they can't walk the walk when put to the test.

People will sit in their high horse, until they get their a$$ handed to them with their tails between their legs.

Talk is cheap, the proof is in the pudding in physical action.

That said people can take what ever they want to believe or not.

Just my 2 cents for what ever it's worth to you or anyone else.

I will kill a man with a shot to the forehead or possibly a temple with my kubatan pen. I'm not sure that I've ever met anyone that can do that with their finger tips. I'm tired of broken hands I know that I can get the job done bare handed but why would I want to if there are better options? I'm a wuss, I'd use ANYTHING rather than my hands if I have it.

I've been in those gotta knife at a gunfight situations and it SUCKS. Fortunately his brother was too close to me. I grabbed him and he seemed to have a real fear of having his body sliced up. We all had a chat and decided that it was NOT a good night to die for any of us and so called it quits without anyone having to bleed. I'm sure glad that I had that little old timer pocket knife with me and out. I'm also glad that I wasn't trying to scare him half to death bare handed. 

I know pressure points too and when I was young and stupid I didn't mind pain much at all. I was 6'2" 250 lbs, bench pressed between 350 and 400 lbs with a 57' chest. I thought I was 7' tall and armor plated. I was just SOOOO stupid and thanks to bikes that I acted a fool on and fights I now have two metal hip joints, a bad knee, a bad shoulder and arthritis that is slowly eating me alive. For me long term survival is mostly a hobby rather than a reality. I move pretty good as far as quickness but no stamina and the pain lets me know for several days if I act a dumbass.

To each their own but if you are still young enough for it to matter, treat your body better than I did. Those hands are meant for better things than whacking people. 

In my truck I carry a gun, a machete, a cold steel black thorn walking stick (Before I got my handicapped sticker I carried an aluminium baseball bat and glove), a set of knuckles, a pocket knife, my kubatan. and a Bible. I'm about as friendly and peace loving as a man can be these days without being a anyone's victim but I'll never be with just my hands again. I don't care how bad a man is with his hands. I'll shoot or take him down before he gets close enough to touch me if I can.  

All I can say is I am in a similar situation to Damn

I never intended to live this long never wanted to retire from anywhere as most people never lived they worked at a crappy or boring job were not wealthy enough to enjoy retirement so I decided to NOT live a normal life and I didn't  good bad right or wrong I am just praising God I ain't in prison.

Dead well that happens to everyone I just would rather not linger or be butchered by a bunch of well meaning surgeons.as I have already had enough work I did not like the recuperation.

I once had an SIS lieutenant refuse to give back my Dean Grennel .45 book, which had survived multiple seizures in the past, cause it had a diagram of 1911 parts. So I asked her, "If I told you how I could make a deadly projectile weapon, out of stuff you by LAW MUST give me, can I have my book back?  She said, "How would you do that. ? I said, rollup some newspaper around a pencil to form the tube of the blowgun, then bust a splinter off of a board, tree, etc. or use a staple or paperclip as my dart-point.  Use toothpaste or jelly to stick a wad of tp onto the back of the dart body. Use a concrete corner to notch the dart tip, so that it breaks off when the dart body is pulled-on. Dip the dart tip in excrement or best of all,AIDS blood"  She said, "Take your book and get out of here, and I better NOT hear about anyone getting shot with  blowgun dart". :-)