Sign in to follow this  
MommyLiberty5013

CCW - Guns Banned Sign Question

I am highly considering getting my CCW. But, I feel relatively unprepared. I'm not scared. And, I have a great ability to learn. It's just a matter of me crossing my "t's" and dotting my "i's."

I stumbled upon Concealed Carry University (by Patrick Kilchermann from Delta Defense and the Conceal Carry Association) and ordered their 7 DVDs for 20+ hours of at-home study. This will not replace range time or the state mandated class I would have to take to get my permit. Anyway, it covers their 3 premises to CC which is Mindset, Skills, and then after the other two are built on, Tools (armory). I just completed the 2 DVDs in the Mindset category and while I have to watch them again to get more retention, I learned A LOT (types of criminals, knowing when to shoot, what it is like to get shot, how the body reacts to a violent situation (tunnel vision, etc.), what to say to police, what to say to the 911 dispatcher, crime and incarceration stats, combat breathing, legal terms, etc.).

Anyway, my own biggest question, which another poster on here mentioned regarding not attending a Christmas party since CCW holders were asked not to carry to the event, is this. If there's a sign posted outside a building that reads "Guns banned on these premises," what exactly does that mean (maybe it varies by state?)?

Does that ban the guns of police and CCW people? How can a business ban or limit the 2nd Amendment for citizens to carry?

If you intend to go to such a building for a meeting, meal, or appointment, or shopping and you get there and see the sign, what do you do with your gun? Leave in car? Bring into building and hope no one notices - ignore the sign?

Thanks.

disclaimer: i'm not a lawyer nor a CCW holder   :)

its to my understanding that if its a federal or state building DO NOT go in with your gun even with a permit...

if anyone else has a sign up say no guns allowed that's NOT something you can get into trouble with the law...the owner can ask you to leave if they catch you if you don't leave then the law can do something...

more likely than not if you get caught they will call the police and the police will come and ask you to leave...nothing more...if you leave...

no police are not subject to the no guns allowed signs...

that said I would probably not do business with someone that has a sign up...this is hard to do for sure

I myself work in a building that says no guns or knives allowed BUT I choose to take my knife in everytime its a little 2 inch blade well within the legal limit in my state...

If I was living in USA & had a CCW permit.

Rule # 1 ) You really needed to go to that building that stated no guns allowed, I would leave it in the car/truck.

# 2 ). Still carry your firearm concealed & hope nobody notices.

# 3 ) If you get caught act stupid & say sorry I didn't read the sign, left eye glasses/contacts at home.

# 4 ) Say hey I'm a Muslim, I have my rights, your laws don't apply to me.LOL.

Obummer seems to give more rights to Muslims than Christians in America so it seems nowadays.

# 5 ) If it's a store, hotel, movie theatre, etc, etc. They would never get my business again.

First it's no firearms signs at certain buildings, what's next no edge weapons/knives.

Just really think, the government is chipping at your rights a little bit at a time.

Stand firm, be of good courage. Fear no man or woman or the government.

Trust no body but GOD. Amen!

when you live by someone else's rules it;s your own fault if you die from them.

Or the old saying better to be tried by 12 than carried by 6.

If your carrying a arm within reason no one should ever know and what is a weapon I can do real damage with a rock in a sock neither in itself is a weapon.

why do they no poisons or chain with a D-ring attached large syringe  white powder blah blah blah because people that post that sh*t are morons.

It is what I did not list that people should be afraid of other than guns and knifes,

As I have said before if they ain't shooting at you mind your business let those they are shooting at handle it's not your problem this world is full of sheep and they won't appreciate your being super person and saving the day just like the person in San Bernardino the victim was the one the leftist rag stated was the cause for the incident so keep it in your pants till its your turn and use their fallen bodies for cover.

If they think the police will save them let the police do it and they are the same kinda crazy they feel your not the police and will arrest you.

help yourself to hell with everyone else if you taking care of yourself helps others take a bow and get off the stage.

WHAT ABOUT THE CHILDREN those same sheep are for gun control, abortion hate God and think police shoot people who have their hands up so

let them get what they want you control your gun allow their children to be belatedly aborted and THEY DON'T PRAY TO SOMEONE THAT DOES NOT KNOW THEM  and then run from the police as well because they are afraid to raise their hands AND GET SHOT.

Besides if the police show up they won't bother to tell who is the good or bad person and shoot the hell out of you if they would shoot a person with a knife 16 times imagine how many times they will shoot you holding a gun ?'

since no one has defined who we are fighting race creed color or religion your just another target of opportunity gutless people hate those who are not. police hate people that take the law into their own hands or vigilantes and the courts take a dim view as well.

the government is suppose tto uphold the law ALL OF IT not one part of the constitution or the part that favors Hispanics Indians blacks or Eskimos

gay transgender  the murder of anyone is just as horrible as if it happened to WASP's or whites or crackers Jews Kikes heathens or moonmen.

A murderer or any other violent crime rape molestation etc. is not about race religion or social standing it is arrogance and power of a demented mind and they will commit violence on anyone so it is good for all that that person is killed or caught executed and never or let out of prison.

The problem some people want to be above the law equality means we are all under the law people police politicians and the privileged  no one should be above the law and that is Americas problem. for one reason or another we will not use our common sense in the jury box or the voting booth it is not a popularity contest not about  race color creed religion it is right and wrong every day all day until they put you in the ground.

We live in a bipolar world and we have to let others put their money and or skin in before I who has already made my mind up what side I am on.

This is one reason why I am so sick of beauty queens talking tough women can now be on the front lines do talk go and DO put up or shut up and that includes those male models on TV as well.

It is my personal view that people that had never had military service should not be a politician I think like Israel all Americans should perform at least 1 year of service boot camp basic fire fighting first responder stuff like the old civil defense classes.

No not everyone is cut our for fighting but everyone should be responsible for being able to help themselves and if needed to function until EMS and other services can bet there.

As I am writing this there are no limits to military  service not sex sexual orientation or sexual preference or lack there of  only a few restrictions of religion and age even some of that is not absolute so we are all in this together and we need to start acting like it.  We are only as strong as our weakest link mentally physically and morally and by what I see now thats pretty lame as recorded in history any nation that lost those ethics were destroyed.

I am impressed with the sheriff that wants his county to arm themselves let me qualify my previous post.

After the event police fbi and every other agency  will descend on the scene and do a microscopic investigation.

every bullet fired will be accounted for and they HATE PERSONAL FIREARMS most hate armed citizens deplore the 2nd amendment and will be looking for a single reason to back the anti gun agenda.

Did that sheriff tell you what happens when your bullet ends up destroying personal property or worse kills someone it should not have.

do any of you know how much a ATM machine costs ? a pane of glass or glass doors a new kidney an eye or a dead child, you will and loose your right to carry as well as do a little time.

there is the good Samaritan law protects people that attempt to help in a medical emergency should if it is found that a person attempts to help fail they are not liable.  There is no such law or even implied help or law that does not  leave you liable but totally culpable for every round fired.

So just in case your tempted to view an active shooter situation like your chance to live out your "DIE HARD" movie fantasy get over it.

22IR 2000 yard range /9MM 2,000 yards / 223 3,800 yards /  308 or 30-06 5,250 yards + or - All of these calibers can go through multiple walls people vehicles and blocks away.

The police are covered by the municipality and they have lawyers D.A.'s and political clout to fend off millions of dollar law suits what do you have ?

I know about these legal services that state they will defend you but like a public defender or like OJ's lawyer if it does not fit you must acquit ?

Yea it's all fun and games until someone gets hurt then the finger pointing and law suits for damage can last years have you got the time and money for years of litigation ?

If you think the cops are going to let one of theirs get legally slammed for one of your bullets remember they are the ones who have the ballistics lab, have any of you seen the ballistics lab in Podunk U.S.A. it's a closet with a microscope from ebay. or worse they send it to the fed lab and how many times have people got off for iffy lab results.

AS of today there is still a question if this was a act of terror REALLY it won't take them 2 seconds to label you as a friggin' cowboy closet super hero or worse a well meaning amateur that will give the government the way to scrub off all the carry laws eliminate all personal firearms.

Never forget that half of the people out there voted against what you voted for for all of you that hink you need a gun there is your opposite and some of them have real power and political ways to crush you like a bug, and will to further their agenda.

I want to make it clear YOUR ON YOUR OWN  you always have been I know personally of people that were jailed for carry presenting their weapon in a situation they thought was a life threat to themselves and family do not make the mistake that all of your firearms will be taken for testing all bullets will be traced back to the weapon and you will be blamed for any hole that equals your bullet if it made it or not.

I can just about guarantee that this mooslim issue is not the only issue sometime back the black panthers blocked people from being able to vote did anyone hear that they were convicted ? arrested ? even went to court ? 

look at Canada a knife wielding nutball is shot and we have people that think it was unnecessary how many people will be Monday morning quarterbacking  your action ?

NO these b@stards produced this problem let them face the music I don;t care if someone shoots up a daycare center not my child or problem because half of those children are from anti gun families and would blame police for not being there the well meaning legal carry person and as we just saw from a New York news paper they blamed the victim.

You cannot reason with these idiots either just as dense as extremists you cannot  even breach the conversation and they will roll their eyes and go catatonic on you accuse you of being a homophobe xenophobe gun nut hoplophobes are INSANE foaming at the mouth they even want to disarm the police until it their azz in a sling look at our politicians as long as they have personal protection they could give a sh*t if your being threatened by gangs living in you area all they tell you to do is see something say something YEA and later that night those gang bangers will rape your children your wife and then cut your throat, so you or yours will never get on the witness stand happens everyday why did it take 70 years to break the mafia because many politicians were corrupt involved and so were the courts.

Today the gangs have lawyers look at the Waco shootout the bikers lawyers have got some out of jail.

As I recall if your the driver of a var used in a robbery your just as guilty as the perpetrators NOT if your in a gang of hundreds or thousands.

Terror is happening all around us many drug dealers are protected by lawyers and other officials people just do not have the resources to survive a onslaught from dozens of lawyers claiming your bullet killed their client or damaged their property .

the original question was what to do when their is a posted sign do not carry weapons on their property.

? that means what they are anti gun or just want a legal out in case a firearm incident occurs ? are they flaming anti gunners and demand the police arrest you are they important people in the community that alone can get you arrested.

I do not go to public events anymore look at the riots after ball games there is not a night where young people gather where violence is not part of the mix look how many school shootings by children of that school killing their neighbors.

hoodlums are people too all of the recent troubles are from young people that have no respect for anyone especially police they feel they have the right to steal because they are hungry kill because your in the way or can put them away in prison it is gutter privilege because they are poor they have the right to live AS THEY PLEASE while stomping all over your rights and the left blames the victim as in the shooting of vehicles that have a rebel flag they caused it by inflaming racial sentiment.

I have decided none of this is my business I have been called by George Bush Jr. to not take things into my own hands.

I have been told they are the JV team they are isolated and we have agencies and police to handle this.

So you have been TOLD by presidents to BUTT OUT even the justice system has warned you and have thrown people under the bus already.

Apparently people in government who have not got enough common sense or an agenda to allow people into the U.S.

funny how if your a Tea Party member they can find you sick the IRS on you and slow roll all your paperwork and crush your civil rights and none get arrested no one looses their job.

Unless they are crawling over my fence not my problem I have voted called my congressman posted on forums and have done all anyone can do and guess what nothing has changed Americans are still partying like it's 1999

I am watching Fox News the story is to stop student visa's from Iraq Iran and Syria LMAO Somalia and Saudi can still send their friendly fliers and boatnicks here hey maybe the Somalis can start a school for pirates and the Saudi;s can start a flying school (landing is optional).

Carley Fiorina is saying she can fix this by allowing INS information from NSA LMAO isn't this the same government that has cooked the information on how bad it is in the middle east ???

faked edited and outright misrepresented the truth.

The law is what ever the people say it is we can do whatever we want non citizens do not get special favor they do not have a right to come here they do not have a right to stay and surly do not have the right to organize attacks or subversive acts against our government.

there are training camps in at least 3 states there are cities taking a million dollars for allowing a mosque to be built in their county we can cut off Internet access from specific countries Twitter is making money from terrorism ? we cannot stop Twitter feeds form specific countries B.S.  we have jamming that can shut down all communications as well as listen in.

All of this is to explain to the reader the government is NOT on your side politicians and government workers are against you hell they accept working and breeding in gun free zones the 2nd amendment is not just for anyone outside the government it is not for everyone the government is not suppose to trample your rights but go to any government area and you see NO WEAPONS

they do not even trust their own military how many incidents of murders and attacks on our troops and still even though they are trained they are refused the ability of a citizen to protect themselves, and they are trained or at least should be.

That is their primary job to defend America Americans, not a bunch of people in a civil war Sunni against Shiite and neither are warm and fuzzy once either gets the power it is Jihad from another orifice.

This is not as simple as it seems the police that have a brain know one day they will be the target they are from ethnic strife now but --- BUT if we have a assault on precinct 13 senario who is going to rush in and help them???? it took how many days to get into New Orleans ??? people have not thought out just who will take it between the cheeks.

Fox News is full of aging beauty queens and pretty boys who have not the slightest idea of what can happen and when it does they will piss on their high morals and urinate themselves.

IN what stupid universe do rational people that saw September 11th play out do not get it  as Trump states it will happen again and again in a hundred different scenarios and once other hate groups see this they will play out there agendas.

YES everyone have a weapon know your not superman or woman and keep it in your pants do not tell anyone !!! do you tell everyone your impotent or it's that time of the month NO so shut up carry it  defend yourself and family everyone else is just as capable to do the same thing if they do not too bad so sad for them.

If you think I am wrong then when your neighbor that did not get life or home insurance dies or gets burned out give them your insurance and your home your husband your wife and your children because if you die they will suffer if you go to prison they will suffer everyday and not one official that talks big is going to do a damn thing for you and even the parole board will forget your name..

Did everyone forget we have domestic groups like the Nazi's in all it's forms MS-13 and hundreds of others we have been under attack since this nation began internally and externally and until today when has anyone told you to get ready to defend yourself ?

this is a fix bayonets moment and we may all be ready to fight in the same direction but don't want to die.

But fiorina and ol' Jeb and Christy want red rover red rover to come on over I think the only thing Christy fights is trying to get his socks and shoes on in the morning., Forina well here experience in the national guard HUH what she's never been in a uniform "

Jeb read my lips son LMAO theres a trust issue.

If for no other reason but Trump would pull the plug on lifetime government jobs rearrange the deck chairs of this Titanic and scare the snot out of government bureaucrats and quit giving away our rights and money to people that never paid or worked for our rights I would vote for him. I do realize he is a wild card but I am not the one or group he is infuriated at so game on.

we all know that there are some sort of camps out there there is a debate on who and what they are for but it has been proven Jesse Ventura and some real journalists have got video interviews and spent time at these facilities so just who is going to vacation there ? If I had my druthers I would rather have Trump figure it out other than lets say OLD Bernie depends on who wins as to what ones of us will be staring out of those fences IMHO.

I am impressed with the sheriff that wants his county to arm themselves let me qualify my previous post.

After the event police fbi and every other agency  will descend on the scene and do a microscopic investigation.

every bullet fired will be accounted for and they HATE PERSONAL FIREARMS most hate armed citizens deplore the 2nd amendment and will be looking for a single reason to back the anti gun agenda.

Did that sheriff tell you what happens when your bullet ends up destroying personal property or worse kills someone it should not have.

do any of you know how much a ATM machine costs ? a pane of glass or glass doors a new kidney an eye or a dead child, you will and loose your right to carry as well as do a little time.

there is the good Samaritan law protects people that attempt to help in a medical emergency should if it is found that a person attempts to help fail they are not liable.  There is no such law or even implied help or law that does not  leave you liable but totally culpable for every round fired.

So just in case your tempted to view an active shooter situation like your chance to live out your "DIE HARD" movie fantasy get over it.

22IR 2000 yard range /9MM 2,000 yards / 223 3,800 yards /  308 or 30-06 5,250 yards + or - All of these calibers can go through multiple walls people vehicles and blocks away.

The police are covered by the municipality and they have lawyers D.A.'s and political clout to fend off millions of dollar law suits what do you have ?

I know about these legal services that state they will defend you but like a public defender or like OJ's lawyer if it does not fit you must acquit ?

Yea it's all fun and games until someone gets hurt then the finger pointing and law suits for damage can last years have you got the time and money for years of litigation ?

If you think the cops are going to let one of theirs get legally slammed for one of your bullets remember they are the ones who have the ballistics lab, have any of you seen the ballistics lab in Podunk U.S.A. it's a closet with a microscope from ebay. or worse they send it to the fed lab and how many times have people got off for iffy lab results.

AS of today there is still a question if this was a act of terror REALLY it won't take them 2 seconds to label you as a friggin' cowboy closet super hero or worse a well meaning amateur that will give the government the way to scrub off all the carry laws eliminate all personal firearms.

Never forget that half of the people out there voted against what you voted for for all of you that hink you need a gun there is your opposite and some of them have real power and political ways to crush you like a bug, and will to further their agenda.

I want to make it clear YOUR ON YOUR OWN  you always have been I know personally of people that were jailed for carry presenting their weapon in a situation they thought was a life threat to themselves and family do not make the mistake that all of your firearms will be taken for testing all bullets will be traced back to the weapon and you will be blamed for any hole that equals your bullet if it made it or not.

Well, this CCU training I'm doing with Patrick Kilchermann...he says that 95% of police like the armed citizen. And, my friend's hubby is a US Marshall and is supporting her getting her CCW. I'm not trying to contradict you, Snake, but it's confusing to get two positions on the matter....life is always confusing though. I'm NOT an expert, and I'm just trying to learn.

Decisions. Decisions.

If you Snake have all these stories of people being jailed and sued and what not, why do you even own guns? I mean, what's the point of anybody owning them if we cannot carry them or use them to defend ourselves? Why not just cave into the leftist agenda and vote in agreement to get rid of them?

well you did read that I agree people should defend ones self and family beyond that keep cover escape the area.

I am not taking it as your in some way offending me your not,  its a good conversation to have openly.

People need to see all sides and since half of the fraternal order of police back obummer 95% might be a stretch.

If all the police are for it then why are all the laws against it ? until recently we did not have the castle law and believe me it was dicey if you had to use a firearm.

I did see people going toward the area in San Bernardino or milling round trying to see what was going on that is silly on the face of it.

well as you say the leftist agenda is to not allow us to use have or carry ANY weapons have you read your state laws ?

look real closely at the knife and other weapons it is excruciatingly obvious everything is a weapon and you cannot have possess or carry one of any consequence that includes mace pepper spray  stun guns or even a stick unless it is a walking stick or a tire thumper if you describe it any other way it is a weapon.

traveling by airplane is the Utopian ideology of the far left  you give up your rights let them finger you your children and pay for it and only can carry 4ounces of fluid on a plane that may not leave on time and NO SHARP OBJECTS.

As I see it we have already caved to the left for 50 years we have been slowly turning to the left and those laws rules and ordnances are the way for them to catch you jail you and strip away the rest of your rights.

Did we forget the people on TV on those prepper shows getting door kicked stripped of all their weapons and then to add insult to injury unceremoniously clapped into jail or prison.

A church in Oregon all the members and the church had all their food weapons and had to give up all their rights and all they believed in was TEOTWAWKI no plans to do anything but survive on their property and at that same time the 3 training camps were operational.

and I do not care who your trainer or instructor is you are not him and he is not going to be the one in jail because strapping on a gun means you cannot wear it on any government property reservation post offices federal banks  or in places that make more than 51% of their income from alcohol.

SO just where can you wear a gun ? and if the law can by request of a private company or property owner make you leave their premises I guess they can tell people of color to get out and if they do not like your conversation they can tell you to shut up and I am not referring to anything obscene so none of your constitutional rights mean squat.

I am saying do what your big enough to do and willing to die for or else don't

I have seen the police interact with civilians with carry permits sometimes it was sickening how they treated people that did everything the law required and still got treated like crap.

You can indict a ham sandwich now that a real statement there,  so that means your not a free person and who is a law biding citizen did they give you a definition ? in legal speak they have to define what that is and you have to ask assuming is a grave mistake.

Under the law if your under indictment or accused of something without being convicted they can still prevent you from having or carrying a firearm.

Look at the Trevon Martin case, people were calling to hunt him down and kill him and they took his firearm.

All people are doing now is marking themselves as you have a background check if they ever sell that weapon to anyone the left has been pushing to make previous owners of even stolen guns and manufacturers liable.

then there is the law that firearms have to be locked away from children so there you have a gun and because you or your neighbors kids are morons you cannot have fast enough access to it to do any good.

do you ever sit down your purse if only for a moment well now technically you have left it unattended and -------

so now you have a gun and some crack head grabs your purse what is you reaction a crack head spends and sells everything for dope so if you shoot him you just shot a unarmed person if you shoot them in the back trying to get your purse well now you've done it.

A gun is not a magic wand and until laws change to the benefit of the victim and no matter what your covered under the law to defend your property yourself and family forget it. --- believe it or not if you shoot someone in defense of another and that person did not agree that it was necessary your gong to jail. happens all the time in family squabbles a parent shoots the aggressor and the child turns on the parent.

You asked the question if your should or could carry into an establishment that posted against it if anyone considers a piece of sign intimidating over their life  maybe carry is not for them.

I will try to explain it is not just a gun it is the power of God,  life and death the final solution, I know of some police officers not able to take a life.

we see soldiers dealing with PTSD and nightmares, people well trained and even called by our country to kill and some of them cannot accept whatever part of war and killing that haunts them.

So it is not only an opinion it is fact and until that hammer falls no one knows their gut reaction or what comes after.

I am giving all the information it is the individuals call, know that your government and half of the people on that jury are against you the laws are against you and if you do not have a legal service your lawyer wants 50.000 or more to TRY extricate you from your circumstance.   you doubtfully could afford the dream team.

I have worked where i used / needed firearms, hunted and owned businesses where a firearm was a good idea.  etc etc.

Unless anyone is willing to loose everything die kill or be crippled for life certain things they should avoid guns are just one of them.

A friend was cleaning his pistol after hunting his wife was doing something in the kitchen as well and a fumble and the pistol fell and went off striking her in the side she survived and they still have guns they hunt shoot and keep them loaded STILL.

Unless a person has that kind of mentality or ingrained lifestyle buy a dog.

As far as myself I am a hickory nut hard on the outside bitter and objectionable inside mess with me and it will leave mark throw me I bounce stomp me I hurt your foot they can bury me but I will return and thats what pisses people off about me and it does not bother me one bit.

The constitution only available in 6 states.

people need to read the constitution,  if the government local state or federal can impede one they can at will repeal or make impossible to use your rights.

I personally feel if a person is not in an institution for insanity or criminal acts they can have a weapon as they do anyway I have seen crazy street people carrying kitchen knives BIG ONES.

Make shooting people a death only case when we can absolutely prove it make using a weapon in a crime ( real crime not some B.S.) a life in prison case.

Anyone that irresponsibly brandishes a firearm to invoke fear or terrorize  get to do some time at hard labor.

Weapons that word is a placebo it means nothing and does nothing a weapon in the hands of our soldiers GOOD in the hands of a terrorist BAD

behind glass a museum piece.

Once all firearms get banned then machetes and butcher knives will have to go then any stick over a certain length then chemicals over 4 ounces

hard sole shoes and then knees and elbows mandatory padding.

There is no end to that mentality.

As a nation we are strong because most of our young people in service have used or are not adverse to the use of weapons.

Training only takes you so far there is some component of natural aptitude how can you ask people to become police or soldiers and not give them the right to defend themselves ?

Nations where only police and soldiers can use or have a weapon under strict rules are A POLICE STATE and the people live in fear.

The faked fear of weapons and police we see today is a attempt to make a certain segment of the population untouchable and immune from criminal prosecution as all but a couple in the last year were not acting in a criminal act with a weapon or harmed others before their death.

there is a segment of society "criminals" that do not want to be shot for being a criminal or acting like a deranged homicidal maniac.

These people need to learn respect for all people and quit thinking crime is an alternative source of income.

It is very much state dependent.  Here in Texas, having a LTC (License to Carry - we have open carry for CHL holders) allows you to bypass the metal detectors at state buildings.  CHL holders carry in state buildings so why bother with the detector.  It is cool to walk through the state capital carrying your firearms.  LOVE my state!  

In Texas, a business must post a particular sign for both open and concealed carry.  Referred to as a 30.06 and 30.07 (sections of Texas Penal Code) signs, the size, language, and placement are all spelled out.  If the sign is not according to the law then it doesn't count.  In addition places that derive more than 50% of their income from liquor sales must post a prescribed "51%" sign to let folks know 'no guns'.

Additionally, the holder must respond to any verbal request to leave from the owner.  A 'no firearms' sign has no effect if it is not according to the code. Still, why would I go there if I'm not wanted.  I don't open carry just because I don't want to be identified as a prime target if TSHTF so the 30.07 signs don't really impact me but I avoid places that don't want my business.

Lots of employers have a no firearm rule - while it won't get you arrested if you violate their rule it might get you fired.