Sign in to follow this  
P210SIG

Purchasing silver coins from China? ( Buyer beware )

I have a bundle of copper pipe sheet and a bucket of fittings I do not see just silver and gold as precious try fitting a new compressor on your central unit without tubing pipe or fittings.

there are a lot of repairs and projects that without PVC copper sheet metal and screws that you cannot make if you do not have a source of materials.

I like lead Linotype aluminum and steel tubing metal studs C channel I beam and I have buckets of bolts screws nails.

keeping plywood and some lumber as I buy this from garage sales and keep a bundle of this one saw horses under my shed.

I figure I want to be able to build a 10X20 building if the need arises I have gotten pallets for free with plywood and built rabbit nesting boxes.

I have cattle panel pieces I use for trellises for growing beans cucumbers tomatoes  etc.

my next project is a raised bed 40 foot X 3 foot X 3 foot and I want drip irrigation I made some test boxes to test longevity and so far so good 

5 years and still together and holding soil using cedar fence pickets and treated lumber.

My point everything is precious not just metals In a dicey situation I would not trade silver or gold for construction materials I might want to build a corn crib or an extra storage / work room.

Try to make fencing out of nothing splitting rails is hard work NO precious is in the eye of the beholder silver will be good in a short term and long term but wile in the midst of trouble I doubt people will part with useful items like mason jars lids and ways to thrive and silver buys stuff and when silver is money like in the silver and gold boom days a steak was 10 bucks in the 1800's so what value a coat for a 1,000 a gallon of liquor for a hundred ?

I have read where salt was equal to silver weight to value.

in a real time of trouble gold and silver are goo to have but not as a single solution people used to trade a sack of feathers stack of hides box of bars of soap eggs for money and the store would resell them others would make these into other goods like coats pillows pickled eggs.

if you paid in cash or metals the cost was higher as most people needed goods over money more.

I like old catalogs a colt pistol was $12.50 my dad said, "who the hell had $12.50" people worked for less than a dollar a day then in Germany a wheel barrow of money to buy a loaf of bread. during the Berlin airlift if we would not have got involved they may have had to cannibalize the dead in these situations all the gold & silver in the world would not bail you out of your situation.

A good balance of all things some investment advisors say have a years worth of money to pay your bills but if your money like in Greece looses 3/4 of its value in less than a year all your planning is for naught.

I have had people tell me I am a mechanic if you do not have parts what are you then ( unemployed and S.O.L.) I have no Idea what percentages all I know is we all want the "pet rock or The beenie baby" of the moment or until they ain't worth sh*t like a game of musical chairs you do not want to be the one without a chair when the music stops.

Yep. My presents to people now tend to be "practical" then "junkie." Like for his birthday, I got my husband one of those TSA friendly ANT wallet tools. And some other stuff like new steel toed KEENS. My Christmas wish list is full of practical items.

Husband is a commercial pilot and he brings home any and all of his hotel room supplies (teas, coffees, hygiene products, etc.). It's not like the hotels have a rule that the supplies must be used on hotel property.

Husband is a commercial pilot and he brings home any and all of his hotel room supplies (teas, coffees, hygiene products, etc.). It's not like the hotels have a rule that the supplies must be used on hotel property.

I do not like using things left or I do not know the origin some people are deranged look up 1982 Tylenol.

In todays world if it is not in a proper package good seal or I do not know the supply/ chain of custody and such I avoid it.

Chipolte makes you wonder about the supply chain.

We take a lot of things for granted --- IMHO thats a mistake.

I do not like using things left or I do not know the origin some people are deranged look up 1982 Tylenol.

In todays world if it is not in a proper package good seal or I do not know the supply/ chain of custody and such I avoid it.

Chipolte makes you wonder about the supply chain.

We take a lot of things for granted --- IMHO thats a mistake.

I think you misunderstand me. He doesn't take things left...he takes the unopened things from his room.

I think you misunderstand me. He doesn't take things left...he takes the unopened things from his room.

I  UNDERSTAND------ YOU MAY NOT HAVE UNDERSTOOD WHAT I MEANT  LOL

No I understand those items are consumables and meant for the guests as a form of appreciation to use and to have.

most places toss them or the maid staff can take them -- a matter of policy.

Years ago I did the same traveling means your pressed for time and those items are very convenient today more so the sizes are airline acceptable and that makes them a great advertisement /   gift item from the hotels.

Some private hotels used to portion out gift baskets to special guests some gave very exotic and some expensive personal care items as well as champagne fruit baskets etc.

So I understand what you meant.

I do detest the miniature liquor bottles, more so if they are plastic when I did drink a 5th of Crown or Kessler's and a setup some bean counter sadomasochist or ex-wife must have invented miniature bottles IMO

in the right place and time I liked Rye

I am sure your husband is a upright person and would not make a disrespectful comment toward anyone I have not met/ been properly introduced with the exceptions of a politician or a government employee --- once I meet them then the gloves are off.

If you watch this entire video clip, you will learn what gold & silvers truly means vs money that you have with you or in the bank.

If I haven't said it before, I'll say it now I'll take physical gold & silver over money.

http://www.silverdoctors.com/crash-of-the-century-true-date-of-shemitah-2016-and-the-year-of-jubilee-bo-polny/#more-61888

If you watch this entire video clip, you will learn what gold & silvers truly means vs money that you have with you or in the bank.

If I haven't said it before, I'll say it now I'll take physical gold & silver over money.

http://www.silverdoctors.com/crash-of-the-century-true-date-of-shemitah-2016-and-the-year-of-jubilee-bo-polny/#more-61888

I do not disagree I think since 20 dollars an ounce it has been a buyers market BUT some people do not have deep enough pockets to do all these preventives it is hard when your dollar poor they can be giving sh*t away and if you cannot afford the gas to get there and back it sucks.

As much as I can I tell new preppers have water plenty of 5 gallon to 60 gallon containers and water treatment  as much prescription meds you require on hand then food

these are your immediate needs then you can stock up on first aid items  of course I think everyone will need a rod and ammo to protect defend and hold onto your possessions.

hedging I would do silver it is prudent and I do not see it as so expensive as most people cannot acquire some a minimum of 1 to 10 pounds.

I am concerned with gold as back in history all gold was confiscated silver was a defacto monetary unit as coinage so --------