Sign in to follow this  
P210SIG

Purchasing silver coins from China? ( Buyer beware )

This is like the second MASSIVE flood to hit Texas this year where all three of our major metropolitan areas got hit with floods! Up to two feet of rain over a large area tends to cause things like that. The thing is that this area is bigger than a lot of states. The good news is that it has put a total end to the drought. We NEEDED the rain bad. It was to the point that the fires were starting again.

Rita was MASSIVELY eye opening for me. To me it educated me about the average stupidity of the Sheeple. Many evacuated Houston (even though most of them didn't need to) with less than half a tank of gas, a soda fer each person and a bag of chips. I saw others standing outside of stores crying because there were no bottles of water left. They lived in Huntsville and Huntsville never lost their water! It was like they thought only bottled water would save them.

After that I  massively upped the number of people that would die in the first month of any sort of nationwide collapse. Lots of people these days seem incapable of thinking for themselves. They are totally dependent on the Government to TELL them what to do, protect them, save them from their own stupidity. the GOOD news for those that do think and plan is that if things go down the tubes they will act first, accept the new reality faster and already have plans and supplies laid in. The gold silver and cash will let the thinkers buy the right things in mass while money still has value leaving someone else holding the bag of useless cash. 

One last hint...Do you know where the local whole sale grocery places are, where the warehouses are?

This is like the second MASSIVE flood to hit Texas this year where all three of our major metropolitan areas got hit with floods! Up to two feet of rain over a large area tends to cause things like that. The thing is that this area is bigger than a lot of states. The good news is that it has put a total end to the drought. We NEEDED the rain bad. It was to the point that the fires were starting again.

Rita was MASSIVELY eye opening for me. To me it educated me about the average stupidity of the Sheeple. Many evacuated Houston (even though most of them didn't need to) with less than half a tank of gas, a soda fer each person and a bag of chips. I saw others standing outside of stores crying because there were no bottles of water left. They lived in Huntsville and Huntsville never lost their water! It was like they thought only bottled water would save them.

After that I  massively upped the number of people that would die in the first month of any sort of nationwide collapse. Lots of people these days seem incapable of thinking for themselves. They are totally dependent on the Government to TELL them what to do, protect them, save them from their own stupidity. the GOOD news for those that do think and plan is that if things go down the tubes they will act first, accept the new reality faster and already have plans and supplies laid in. The gold silver and cash will let the thinkers buy the right things in mass while money still has value leaving someone else holding the bag of useless cash. 

One last hint...Do you know where the local whole sale grocery places are, where the warehouses are?

my whole salers and warehouses are all across town by the time I get there they will be inundated with looters and every nut with a weapon...

Already know where most of them are in my area.

I certainly won't be going there, unless I & my buddy's really need to.

They will be the killing fields, a war zone.

Our team is good for about 2 years for food & other supply's.

Most of us have served in the forces & know how to deal with disasters.

We will deal what comes our way & will leave it at that.

Yea I know where all the local warehouses are and they are in a part of town where you don't want to go in day light much less if there was a emergency situation and all are in densely populated areas except one and I think enough people know about it that it would be a block party there in TEOTWAWKI

Again last night I managed to meet a seller of silver maples 1 oz coins through Kijiji.

This person was cash strapped & needed to buy a computer, so he said.

I haggled with him for a bit & managed to get all the silver maples he had for $2 below spot price for each coin.

He said that the coin stores would take all the silver he had at $5 below spot price.

Seller was happy that he got more money by doing a transaction with me, than dealing with a coin store.

It was a win win for both of us.

So keep a look out. Deals are out there to be had.

Just need to be persistent in your search in the classified ads.

I can tell people that most all money is war script it has no real value except what faith people place in it,

we have not had any real money since 1964 before that coins had silver content before that money had printed on it if it was a gold or silver note.

A gold or silver note could be traded at any federal bank for an equal amount of whatever metal was printed on the note.

Gold has been confiscated and made illegal for monetary use or paying of debt the big lie is that fiat currency is backed by something tangible, it is not only the faith and goodwill and products a country can produce.

Products ebb and flow some years we have a glut of something or another we have been blessed with grain / food enough to feed many nations above our own consumption,

One day and I have no idea when but some barrier to either growth transportation or other trouble will make it come tumbling down as its trajectory since the 1800 we will slide back to some degree maybe not to the bottom but nothing last forever.

As to if we or any of our generation will be witness to it I cannot say.

We think we are strong we think we can rebuild that all depends on what is left and if it glows remember we are part of a nuclear world over 16,000

of different types and payload and things are not exactly  happy happy happy in the world.

The thing about “Money” whether you are talking about cash, precious metals, gems or barter items is WHAT is in demand. This is basically what you are doing if you are making investments in the stock market. The types of investments that you make are guided and dependent on the purpose of the investments. If you are trying to get rich you buy differently than if you are sheltering a retirement fund. It all has to do with the level of risk that you can be comfortable with.

We here are survivalists so we would be more along the line of the more conservative investor and want a more balanced, diverse and lower risk portfolio. I like the compactness of precious metals and gems. If I'm running that is a lot better “investment” than 100 lbs of say ammo. On the other hand if I'm holding up and bugging IN tons of food, ammo and medical supplies may be priceless if the situation is dire and long term.

I personally am trying to have a balanced “portfolio”. I have some precious high value/low volume items and cash in both paper and coins but I also have lots of more bulky useful items of various value. I have hundreds of fire making devices. tens of thousands of fish hooks, needles and thread, more ammo/reloading supplies than 5 persons could carry, Canned foods especially meats and fruits, weapons, drugs, seeds, old style manual tools, hardware like nails, screws, bailing tie wire, nuts and bolts...endless etc far in excess of any personal need.

Each person has very individualized personal needs. In a world of barter you will need first a wide assortment of items of obvious and immediate need items, then a second level of longer term needs and lastly an assortment of luxury items. The first two are pretty obvious and simple the third is different. That is where the precious metals and such go but are at the bottom of that list.

Once everything settles to a more long term state the survivors will need to get their lives back to whatever levels and extent is now possible. Over time this level will become the NEW normal. There will always be value in the true necessities of life it will be in the luxuries though that real profit will be made. The thing is WHAT will people want?

I look into history and find a possible path. Luxuries are things that make life more fun and pleasurable. What did the white man use to buy Manhattan Island from the Indians? Beads and pretty things for the men to give to their ladies LOL. There were always items of use like trade knives, muskets and tools but the things that were traded after the needs were met were mostly just silly goodies for fun. In Europe during the war nylon hose were almost like gold. Chocolate was similarly valuable.

In a world where a level of security has been achieved people them will seek pleasures. I will have some of the little things that they will want. Examples, Makeup and perfumes, costume jewelry, booze, tobacco, condoms, cards, dice and dominoes, fiction books, pencils and paper, nice soaps, good smelling candles, spices, razors and razor blades (I never pass up a cheap old safety razor at garage sales and flea markets)...

Your guess is as good as mine but in general I would go more for volume than high quality. Let's face it when I'm shopping garage sales and flea markets a wad of one, five and ten dollar bills is more useful than a stack of hundred dollar bills. You need to tailor your goods to the market that you will be working in. people won't have a lot to spare at first so your barters will be small value and a bag full of costume jewelry will be a lot more useful to you than the Hope Diamond.

You wild & crazy Americans trade physical Gold Silver for Fiat money. Insane !

http://www.silverdoctors.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/12/1754281.jpg

This guy puts Mr T to shame.

Have you ever tried to buy food, clothes, or pay a bill with gold or Silver? Precious metals are only valuable to people that want it. The rest of the people want money. Gold and Silver are INVESTMENTS and only worth anything when you can trade them for money or useful goods. Don't get carried away with the IDEA of the value of gold. 

You are starving to death and have invested in a one ounce gold coin. I have a big canned ham and a family to feed. Who is wealthy... Investments are like stocks and bonds they are only valuable when other people want them other wise they are just paper!!. 

Have you ever tried to buy food, clothes, or pay a bill with gold or Silver? Precious metals are only valuable to people that want it. The rest of the people want money. Gold and Silver are INVESTMENTS and only worth anything when you can trade them for money or useful goods. Don't get carried away with the IDEA of the value of gold.

You are starving to death and have invested in a one ounce gold coin. I have a big canned ham and a family to feed. Who is wealthy... Investments are like stocks and bonds they are only valuable when other people want them other wise they are just paper!!.

I have made 2 deals with silver coins this year. LOL .

The first one was in early spring time, I traded one silver maple 1 oz coin for a Leica binocular.

Found out that the binoculars are worth $1,600 Canadian.

The second deal was 3 weeks ago, I traded a 1907 silver rupee, it's a Indian dollar.

Which I purchased at a flee market in Sidney Australia for $5 with certificate.

This was traded for a custom built 10/22 rifle.

The whole rifle is fully custom, not a single part was made by Ruger.

Even got a Bushnell AR 223 scope & a Harris bi-pod with the trade.

The guy showed me the recites with all the items he put into this rifle & the total was over $2,100 Canadian.

This guy really wanted this mint silver rupee/dollar.

I truly think that seeds for growing food & water purification systems will be worth more than gold & silver or diamonds some day.

Heck what do I know, I'm just a nobody, that's looking for a barter deal.

Part of my everyday carry is a few one oz maple silver coins.

One just never knows when a deal may be looking at me in the face.

I'm always in, when a barter deal is right for me. IMHO .

Hell I couldn't even get a bank to accept American Gold Eagles as collateral on a loan. Now that said I HAVE done some private deals with coins but I still would love to see someones face if I tried to pay my light bill or buy a burger with gold or silver. 

Hell I couldn't even get a bank to accept American Gold Eagles as collateral on a loan. Now that said I HAVE done some private deals with coins but I still would love to see someones face if I tried to pay my light bill or buy a burger with gold or silver.

I'll sell you a burger for a one ounce silver coin.

Pick one of 4 places, Mc Donald's, Burger King, Wendy's or Harvey's .

Just need to come to Canada to get it. LOL.

Need a loan? How many gold coins do you have, for the loan you need.

I'll charge you 40% interest, at least you'll get a loan, since the banks won't deal with you,

If your serious about a loan come to Canada where I am, we can work out the details.

I have not kept up but in the U.S. if you include in the contract that a portion of the value is paid in gold or silver then there are legal issues as those are real currency and fiat is war script Money is not what people think in fact there are corporations that print and distribute their own money legally and it is accepted for payment of debt.

Look up the BerkShares here   https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BerkShares 

I recall in the 70's there was a company that paid their workers with saw mill dollars usable at a company store and they would order anything stoves cars etc.

Money is what the seller accepts as payment for goods or services bartering is a fancy name for accepting payment if you do that enough you will find an agency that will define the value on both ends  and make you pay and I am not talking the nursery rhyme Eeny, meeny, miny, moe they are the big bad wolf have guns and have the power to put you in prison.

I would not touch Bitcoin , lightcoin or any type of electronic coin.

The wealth that you have in them can all crash with a push of one button.

It's all eveporated into thin air.

To me, & I've said it before.

If you don't have it physically in your possession,

then you don't own it period.

I laugh at people that tell me, they own ex amount of gold & silver in printed paper or in electronic data.

I wish them all the best, trying to get it out when the stocks & bonds market crashes.

Just a heads up.

I see silver spot prices being in the $20-25 range in the next few months or maybe sooner.

I'm going to treat me self to an early Christmas present & get a couple hundred dollars worth of one ounce silver maples by the end of this week.

We own junk silver. I think it's wise to diversify many things in life including in prepping. It's hard to "guess" what people will and won't want. I think precious metals may play a role. Valuables like jewelry have always been traded as things of importance to get people things in times or need or even to "buy" oneself and ones family out of sticky situations. I just think if some one is on the move, hauling silver coins is a heck of a lot easier than hauling gasoline or wheat around for barter.

Overall, I think for us, we will focus more on food, ammo and more daily goods than precious metals for the time being.

We own junk silver. I think it's wise to diversify many things in life including in prepping. It's hard to "guess" what people will and won't want. I think precious metals may play a role. Valuables like jewelry have always been traded as things of importance to get people things in times or need or even to "buy" oneself and ones family out of sticky situations. I just think if some one is on the move, hauling silver coins is a heck of a lot easier than hauling gasoline or wheat around for barter.

Overall, I think for us, we will focus more on food, ammo and more daily goods than precious metals for the time being.

I've said it before, get your food, water, medications, firearms & ammo squired away first.

Gold & silver should be added, if funds allow it.

Everyone's financial situation will be different.

The gold & silver that I've obtained is small potatoes, compared to some people that I know.

I've said it before, get your food, water, medications, firearms & ammo squired away first.

Gold & silver should be added, if funds allow it.

Everyone's financial situation will be different.

The gold & silver that I've obtained is small potatoes, compared to some people that I know.

We liquidated a Universal Life Insurance policy and got its cash value that my grandfather started on me back when I was born. We don't plan on buying more precious metals. But we do value having coins over bars and we value having pre-circulated coinage...some stuff we got dates back into the early 1900s.

I have a bundle of copper pipe sheet and a bucket of fittings I do not see just silver and gold as precious try fitting a new compressor on your central unit without tubing pipe or fittings.

there are a lot of repairs and projects that without PVC copper sheet metal and screws that you cannot make if you do not have a source of materials.

I like lead Linotype aluminum and steel tubing metal studs C channel I beam and I have buckets of bolts screws nails.

keeping plywood and some lumber as I buy this from garage sales and keep a bundle of this one saw horses under my shed.

I figure I want to be able to build a 10X20 building if the need arises I have gotten pallets for free with plywood and built rabbit nesting boxes.

I have cattle panel pieces I use for trellises for growing beans cucumbers tomatoes  etc.

my next project is a raised bed 40 foot X 3 foot X 3 foot and I want drip irrigation I made some test boxes to test longevity and so far so good 

5 years and still together and holding soil using cedar fence pickets and treated lumber.

My point everything is precious not just metals In a dicey situation I would not trade silver or gold for construction materials I might want to build a corn crib or an extra storage / work room.

Try to make fencing out of nothing splitting rails is hard work NO precious is in the eye of the beholder silver will be good in a short term and long term but wile in the midst of trouble I doubt people will part with useful items like mason jars lids and ways to thrive and silver buys stuff and when silver is money like in the silver and gold boom days a steak was 10 bucks in the 1800's so what value a coat for a 1,000 a gallon of liquor for a hundred ?

I have read where salt was equal to silver weight to value.

in a real time of trouble gold and silver are goo to have but not as a single solution people used to trade a sack of feathers stack of hides box of bars of soap eggs for money and the store would resell them others would make these into other goods like coats pillows pickled eggs.

if you paid in cash or metals the cost was higher as most people needed goods over money more.

I like old catalogs a colt pistol was $12.50 my dad said, "who the hell had $12.50" people worked for less than a dollar a day then in Germany a wheel barrow of money to buy a loaf of bread. during the Berlin airlift if we would not have got involved they may have had to cannibalize the dead in these situations all the gold & silver in the world would not bail you out of your situation.

A good balance of all things some investment advisors say have a years worth of money to pay your bills but if your money like in Greece looses 3/4 of its value in less than a year all your planning is for naught.

I have had people tell me I am a mechanic if you do not have parts what are you then ( unemployed and S.O.L.) I have no Idea what percentages all I know is we all want the "pet rock or The beenie baby" of the moment or until they ain't worth sh*t like a game of musical chairs you do not want to be the one without a chair when the music stops.

All monetary money was based on gold & silver that you had as a country.

Now days almost all country's are printing their currentcy as if they have the bullion backing it up.

It's a ponzie screen, & people are lead to believe that everything is just fine. LMAO

It's been said before & I will say it again, don't leave your eggs in one basket.

I have other things to maintain a certain standard of living, even if the current standard went to hell.

Got different tools & supplys for that rainy day if it does so happen.

I don't have everything, what I do know is that I have most of my bases covered.