MommyLiberty5013

Routine Medical/Dental = Part of PREP!

A few years ago I found the Patriot Nurse YouTube channel. I like her no nonsense info, and due to her medical background, she has and shares, some good health-related poop hits the fan stuff.

One thing she does discuss is the idea of how we focus a lot on the bullets, bandages, and beans, but one of the other things to prep is our bodies. Meaning our day-to-day health and managing it properly.

Recently, this really sat well with me and I have made a few changes in my lifestyle as a result.

So, if you're out of shape, facing addiction to a substance, delaying routine medical or dental care/procedures, or putting off that much-needed medical/dental procedure, perhaps now is a great time to turn things around.

Seriously, in a poop hits the fan - where are you gonna get that tooth fixed? Or that fugly mole taken care of, or your next 19 packs of cigs?

canned milk coffee tea liquor cigs OTC meds etc anything that is a creature comfort limits pain is valuable.

I seldome buy milk I just get small tins of milk it does not go bad well it might if I did not use it up.

hard candy like peppermint are good for stomach and sore / tickleish throat.

You can't store everything and I think out of all the things people may trade for some stuff you plan to stock.

being a prude about some things may be to your detrement and you do not need a storeroom full.

When it comes to medical needs you need to cover it as extensively as possible. At the very least you need a corpsman’s field surgical kit and assorted sutures, extra forceps, a bone saw, good tweezers, several Ace bandages, gauze, surgical tape etc. Pray that you never need it but having it could be the difference between life and death for a loved one.

I have a rather extensive "medicine cabinet" I have lots of various prescription antibiotics, pain medications, Benadryl is a must, Imodium, aspirin is still one of the best if not the most "stylish" OTC pain pills. Gather as much stuff as you can. Better to have and not need than to need and not have! Before antibiotics, people died from things as simple as shaving nicks that got infected! Before antibiotics people would get sick and it might take MONTHS before their body beat the disease and got well. Pneumonia was a big killer and could strike you down in the prime of your life. My Grandfather died of pneumonia at 37 after he refereed a bi-district football game in the rain. He was big, strong, in great shape and healthy as a horse but didn't beat the pneumonia. You do NOT want to fall that far back!

You need a dental kit that allows you to do temporary fillings, reattaches crowns, repair acrylic for denture and bridge repairs, clove oil, Q tips, cotton balls, dental mirror, mixing spatula, a little thing called a woodson filling instrument and a dental explorer. Nearly all of t his is available over the counter and at flea markets. You might also pick up a couple of scalers(tooth cleaners, an elevator (an angled pair of pliers for breaking a tooth lose from the bone when pulling it) and forceps (to actually remove the tooth after it is freed. Rotten teeth can and will slowly poison your body and weaken your immune system. You have a perminant infection that just wear you down until a minor illness can take you out.

You need to learn about and then start to grow a lot of various herbs and plants that work well and can be easily grown and/or gathered wild. Mint for digestive problems, Willow bark for pain, the list is almost infinite. I have several book on this and grow a lot of the more useful ones. Some are not easily grown in most of North America but can be bought and stored almost indefinably; cloves for example are tropical and would have to be grown in a Green house to survive freezes. Clove oil is still commonly used in various dental treatments for tooth aches.

Last but not least is books and literature that will help you do the things that you might need to to in an emergency when there is no hope of trained medical care. Read it NOW and gather a small library of medical manuals, first aid manuals and such. The time to learn is now not when someone you love is laying at your feet bleeding.