Sign in to follow this  
MommyLiberty5013

Sedan BOV Storage

Good video presentation.

I am of a "different" mind set when it comes tom our BOVs, which are also our daily drivers. First, we MUST be invisible to the average person. Our vehicles are all wheel drive or 4 wheel drive but appear to be just like all the rest on the road. We do this for specific purposes. First, when we do "road trips" and we love those, we do not want to "advertise" what IF anything, "might" be in the vehicle/s worth the risk of the taking. Second, we do not have the interior of our vehicles "visible" to the naked eye as we have our windows tinted to prevent the heat from the sun coming in, (legal in our state), but the two front window doors are clear, except for UV film which mitigates UV damage to the interior. We do not place any GPS devices nor do we leave them on the dash or visible when the vehicles are parked. We do NOT use the GPS apps on our phones for privacy concerns and the "sting-ray" devices that DO track 24/7 ALL cell phones within their ping range.(on OR off) We also use paper maps or map books for areas we do not know. We prefer the "redundancy" as the batteries never fail, no EMP to worry about, and no one wants to steal "maps" or map books.

We also carry ON our persons and IN our vehicles, legal handguns and long guns with ammunition for both, pursuant to state laws of the states we are transiting through. We do not "advertise" anything on our vehicles, to include dealer license plate frames, stickers, or any humorous bumper stickers.political ones, etc. The vehicle I choose to drive IS most often associated with Tree Huggers and since it's MY "urban gun wagon" nobody gives me/us a second look when we are in it. I like that "urban camoflauge". All of our BOBs and gear are in specific duffle bags and go IN the same location in either vehicle.This allows us to FIND what we need in the specific bags without the need for lighting, etc. Nothing like rummaging through a pack or bunch of bags looking for the NEEDED item in a hurry.

We prefer to be as GREY or average as possible to NOT advertise nor to attract any attention at all. We keep our gear handy and chose the vehicles for their reliability, COMFORT, range, and storage capacity.  Nobody looks at me driving my wife's vehicle, or her driving mine. I am not honked at, told I am "Number One" (the universally understood gesture of contempt) when driving my vehicle, and I LIKE that.I've had to deal with too many situations that quickly escalated into severe life-threatening situations while in law enforcement, and NOW, I don't want anything like that coming near me or "mine". I LIKE the ability to see our definition of "trouble" from far away.

We have installed on both vehicles, trailer hitches, that support the vehicle specific carry grates that fasten onto the hitch receivers. This allows to carry extra fuel and water cans IF/WHEN needed, and in driving cross-country last year, we just put those cans into the  spaces in the rear of the vehicles that were once occupied by the bags that always go IN with us. No one was the wiser.

All of the cans that go on the back are for fuel, except the ones we have color-coded unobtrusively for water. So if someone swipes a five gallon jug of water, no big deal. Besides, they would need some serious gear to cut through the locks and chains. (If they can't read the EMPTY sign on the canisters)

I believe in misdirection, let the thugs work HARD for their efforts, maybe they will leave us alone.

I think that IF, one is locked into a vehicle specific situation, the use of the false floor as seen in the video IS a great idea. Be advised, IF you are stopped by law enforcement, and your trunk is open, the OBVIOUS flase floor, IS an open invitation for them to search your vehicles without a warrant or your consent, because false floors ARE codified as "evidence" of contraband smuggling by the Supreme Court of the US.(SCOTUS)

Many states allow and even encourage their local, county and state law enforcement officers to patrol the highways and interstates specifically profilling out-of-state vehicles for controlled substances. When we traveled through Louisiana last, both directions we were stopped by their state police, local officers and county deputies who all "demanded" we consent to a search of our vehicle. Those demands continued until I produced my retired ID, and even then one jackass was not impressed. So be careful when using anything resembling what is pictured in the video Mommy found. I wouldn't call it a "false floor" I would call it a storage bin for emergency supplies, when/IF discovered.

Apologies for the long-winded post, just wanted to share a few thoughts. We are not locked into any specific ways of doing things for the protection nand survival of ourselves, family members and loved ones, so CREATIVE thinking always should rule the day.

Make them fear US!

OH NO TPSnodgrass your mean the POPO will profile out of state vehicles but you cannot profile a mooslim at the airport tell me it ain't so LMAO

and you are also saying that the Guvment condones this  practice and the police "profile" and Demand to search your ride ?, goodness where oh where have our rights gone.

Waaaahhaaaahha  to damn funny but you can get on a bus and go and riot tear up and burn down a town and loot stores as long as your doing it for hands up don't shoot or peotesting the bigoted  police,  you know that the police gun down people for no reason ceptin' they are black --- right.

the funny part they don't need a warrent holy crap I got a cramp from laughing is this a great country or what ZiEG HIEL !  ZIEG HEIL !  ZIEG HEIL ! ACHTUNG ! hobb nail boots will be worn by all officials and  leather panties !!!

And police wonder why they have a respect & acceptance problem and why people do not trust them.

Then there is the SS they get drunk and refuse to pay the hookers the IRS targets you if your not on the right side and of course the eye in the sky data miners with trench coats.

It's hard to trust people that treat you like your a POS and when you know they are lying because their lips are moving,

Yes, Snake, our Fourth Amendment rights WERE vacated when Patriot Acts I and II were codified by Congress and the Senate. Here in CONUS, 100 miles from the border(or coast line) the cops DO NOT need your permission to search your electronic devices anytime they ask. They do push that to "include" or INFER that includes your vehicles AND your person. Nope, it does not. Just your electronics.

Make sure those are locked safely INSIDE your vehicle lock boxes, you DO have at least one, right? Thought so. We DO need them to protect OURSELVES from the over-reaching Federal government and locals who do troll for "civil forfeiture" asset seizures of cash without a warrant.

So, when they ask, (AND THEY WILL IF YOU HAVE out-of-state-plates), "Are you carrying any large amounts of cash?" You should never answer those kinds of "Fishing questions" at all. Not ever, you do not have to.

Just tell them they can ask your legal counsel.

Oh, and in these days when so many of us DO carry cash as part of our "personal banking system", make SURE, that cash IS in your bank's own envelope. Really HURTS the claim that the "civil asset forefeiture seizure" was "suspicious funds in nature".

Just a little bit of unsolicited advice and counsel, that is worth the hot air that it created.

I do LIKE the idea of creating extra storage capacity where ever and when ever possible.

Oh,another answer to "Are you carrying any large sums of cash?"  Hell no! I've got two kids in college and our incomes doesn't qualify them for financial aid! Especially if you are of Irish ancestry like myself. The uniforms SHOULD understand that.

I actually KNOW WHO Charlie Callas was!!

WHen I was a cop, a knucklehead Sheriff's deputy in BFE Wyoming stopped us, (California plates) asked me for DL, registration and Proof of insurance.

He then asked, "Where are you going today?" We were eastbound on I-80. I pointed that way and said, "that way! of course" He then said, Where are you coming from?" I then said, "Rhetorically, actually, or literally?" He gave me a look like an inbred cocker spaniel does. He then walked back to his patrol car, came back a few minutes later. Said, "Uh sir, your plates don't come up on the motor vehicle registration search. Why is that?"

I said, "Well son, it's because either I'm an active law enforcement officer OR, our vehicle is stolen OR the plates or stolen, which one do YOU think it is?"

Without a word, DeputyNumbnuts, handed me back our paperwork and left without a word.

Sometimes, NOT saying things IS a LOT of fun too! May as well have a good time out there.

Why not?

Great info TP. So, question if you're stopped by LE, do you disclose that you have weapons inside - I've heard that not to do so and then have them search and find them is a bad thing.

What are questions a person should feel okay answering to a LEO? Or, what are key questions to give honest but vague answers on?

See, I don't want to be a sass or come across as a jerk to a LEO, I think that causes more harm than good. My goal whenever stopped is to make the exchange as brief as possible, I am efficient and courteous.

Okay here's a question. I wear polarized sunglasses A LOT even in cloudy weather as my eyes are hyper sensitive to sunlight (blue eyes, plus have had 2 eye surgeries). I've wondered if I'm stopped and an officer asks me to remove my sunglasses, do I have to? I know there's a tactical advantage to keeping them on too, but my eyes literally hate the sunlight and I squint like crazy. What do I say?

Good to know on the false floor ruling by SCOTUS.

Great info TP. So, question if you're stopped by LE, do you disclose that you have weapons inside - I've heard that not to do so and then have them search and find them is a bad thing.

What are questions a person should feel okay answering to a LEO? Or, what are key questions to give honest but vague answers on?

See, I don't want to be a sass or come across as a jerk to a LEO, I think that causes more harm than good. My goal whenever stopped is to make the exchange as brief as possible, I am efficient and courteous.

Okay here's a question. I wear polarized sunglasses A LOT even in cloudy weather as my eyes are hyper sensitive to sunlight (blue eyes, plus have had 2 eye surgeries). I've wondered if I'm stopped and an officer asks me to remove my sunglasses, do I have to? I know there's a tactical advantage to keeping them on too, but my eyes literally hate the sunlight and I squint like crazy. What do I say?

Good to know on the false floor ruling by SCOTUS.

a few states require by law that you disclose you have a weapon check your local state laws

If you have a CCW Permit from your state, you MUST by law disclose you are carrying(in MY state) and it IS a good idea to do that'

unless you are in a state who does NOT recognize your state's permit to carry concealed. Best not to at that point be carrying illegally.

You do not "have" to remove your sunglasses unless asked, and most of the time, ubnless the officer suspects you of being "impaired"

he/she won't ask you to. Slide them up on top of your head at that point.

AS for answering questions,

You DO have to ID yourself, so answering questions about WHO your are, DOB, current address, is appropriate. I choose to not answer

questions about where I am going, from where I cam coming, or, what I am doing on the freeway, highway or street.(Unless it IS oh-dark-thirty.

And I'm not normally OUT and about them anyway.

Typically, you WON'T get stopped unless the officer is bored, "fishing", really has nothing better to do, is lazy and needs to get tehri

"Stats" up.Stats are number of "contacts" (stops) made, citations issued, misdemeanor arrests or felony arrests made, etc.

Certain "beat" or patrol areas are ONLY assinged based on performance, in smaller agencies, it's ALL based on seniority.

Your permit will also show up anytime your plate is run OR your DL is run in the US OR Canada.(not kidding) This shows the officers

that you are NOT a convicted felon and in general NOT a lowlife. In some anti-Second Amendment states, CA, NY, NJ, Illimois come tommind)

that permit can be a bit sticky depending upon the individual officer.

Just remember, to MOST officers, it's JUST a job and little else. Be politce, courtesous, treat them they way you want to be treated'

and you will have a good experience.