Sign in to follow this  
SEAN

Do it yourself preperation

There is so much to do when it comes to preparation. Theres so much to choose from, buy, test, adjust. It can sometimes easily overwhelm someone. I know during a end of times scenario or the simple blackout nationwide caused by solar flares and all hell breaks loose you'll want to make sure all your stuff is together and as safe and organized as best as possible. In my constant search to learn and better myself and my craft I came across guys who make BUG OUT WALKING STICKS - or - SURVIVAL WALKING STICKS. So it got me to thinking I needed something like this for my bag to hold some stuff I needed to stay dry and some small stuff I didnt want to have to worry about being randomly placed anywhere in my bag/bags.

I know damn near everyone of you as savvy enough that I dont need to explain this step by step, but I know like myself there are people out there that want to have pictures and directions. To make it easier I guess.

THE WATERPROOF CANISTER

I went to the local hardware store and got 1 foot of 1 1/4 inch PVC PIPE. post-1372-13851497681355_thumb.jpg

TWO MALE / FEMALE END CAPS post-1372-1385149768162_thumb.jpg

I USED SOME PVC PIPE GLUE - A LITTLE GOES ALOMG WAY post-1372-13851497682247_thumb.jpg

EVENLY PUT BOTH ENDS ON, MAKE SURE BOTH CAPS ARE PUT ON TILL IT HITS THE RIM ON THE INSIDE. post-1372-13851497682498_thumb.jpg

LET BOTH ENDS DRY - PUT SOME PLUMBERS TEFLON TP THREADED CAPS TO ENDS ONCE GLUE IS DRIED INCASE SOME OVER SPILL WENT ONTO THE THE INSIDE THREADS, CAPS CAN BE UNSCREWED FROM THE MAIN UNIT WHEN YOU NEED TO PUT STUFF IN OR TAKE STUFF OUT.

In my waterproof canisters I carry bandaids, cotton swabs, tweezers, mini scissors, needle nose tweezers. toothbrushes, some other random stuff. But you can make them for your personal stuff, passports, ID's, cash, social cards, credit card stuff. Im going to make another one just for batteries, and mini tools.

It cost me around 3$

post-1372-13851497681904_thumb.jpg

I saw this video somewhere else and thought it was a good idea. PVC is great stuff to use for this sort of stuff because it is cheap, easy to work with and comes in different sizes so you can make anythhing from a walking stick to a sealed cache.

I use it to store my fly (fishing) poles.

For best results, apply Teflon tape clockwise onto the threads. This will prevent the Teflon from unwinding when you thread the fittings together.