Sign in to follow this  
Danm

Baltimore and such

I'll tell you, if crud like what is happening in Baltimore or Ferguson Missouri were to happen in Texas it would be a DISASTER!!! The nation would just freak! I promise you that if they did that in Houston rather than Baltimore there would be a few HUNDRED dead rioters. We have a stand your ground castle law. That means that you have the right to protect your family AND property with lethal force without warning them. If you break into my home, car or place of business you can KILL them immediately. Hell one guy I know put up a thief stand on his property. He has a recycling facility and they were robing him blind. All they had to do was run if he showed up and he couldn't do a damn thing. They changed the law and he killed one the first night and bagged another a week later. Now they don't break in or steel from him. THAT is how you control crime.

In Texas nearly EVERYONE is armed. In Houston it used to be popular to kick the front door of old folks and do a snatch and grab. Gramps and Granny started keeping a freaking cannon in their chair beside them and that isn't popular anymore. Those old folks ain't playing!! They go for 45s and magnums! My Dad kept a sawed off 12 gauge beside his chair. I've got a shotgun a rifle and a revolver beside mine. I never lock a door and sleep like a baby at night.

The thing in Baltimore is confusing to me. Why don't those folks tell their kids that cops carry guns and you need to be polite and do what they ask. You don't run from them. You don't cuss them. You don't attack them or fight with them. If you act like and asshole they will mess you up!! That little thug in Baltimore ran from the cops. When they caught him it took a bunch of them to get the handcuffs on him. They threw him in a patty wagon (van) and he went ape poop!! They had to stop and put him in full restraint. That means they put shackles between his feet and then cuffed his handcuffs to the shackles so that he is like hog tied! Somewhere in here he hurt his back. The problem was as soon as they caught him, while he was still fighting them he was yelling that he had asthma and couldn't breath.

I HAD Asthma when I was a kid. When you have an attack you CAN'T yell because you can't get a breath. Latter he started yelling that he was injured. They should have called for a paramedic. You do NOT take a man that is batpoop crazy into an emergency room! How though were they to know that this time he really WAS hurt. He was acting crazy!! They madea call it turned out to be a wrong one BUT if the thug had acted like a reasoning human the entire thing would have been different.

Since these black parents evidently won't teach their kids how to ack they will have to learn the hard way. It's sad but if you didn't have 6 to 10 kids with no father to help maybe the kids would have a parent to teach them the important things.

I wouldn't be a cop for ANYTHING!!! They are under paid over worked and when something happens they get thrown to the wolves. As far as I would be concerned if someone in a black area called for a cop they would just have to wait until several could show up. Americans are stupid and refuse to pay for the important things. A teacher makes nearly nothing. My daughter wanter to be a coach and teacher. That is what her degree is in. When she was near graduation she came to me and we talked. She would have to take a cut in pay to go into teaching. She worked at a Piolet truck stop convenience store!!

Cops aren't paid worth a crap. They work all the holidays and are massively unappreciated. When I was a kid they ALWAYS worked two to a car. Now they are alone. THIS makes for a lot of BAD circumstances that just would NEVER happen if there were two people there. That guy in Ferguson would have had two cops fighting him and they would have taken him down. Probably he would have thought twice before attacking two cops and that one cop wouldn't have been fighting for his life and felt like he needed to shoot the punk!!

Americans gripe about the poor education our kids get but won't pay for better. They gripe about the cops but won't pay for better trained and more people to do the job. We have laws but refuse to enforce them on minorities. We should respond to riots with force! I'm a bad person. I think that the victims might have a few rights and shouldn't have to accept that their homes and businesses need to be burned.

The other thing that I can't understand is that when they decide to riot...they BURN the black owned businesses in THEIR neighborhoods. They burned the old folks center that THEIR Grandparents went to. They burned the CVS in THEIR neighborhoods. In a few months they will be saying that it is discrimination that they don't have any stores or pharmacies in their neighborhoods. ???????

They should have called for a curfew and 15 minutes after that time shot on sight any rioters. This would be evolution in action!! If we would do this a couple of times the thugs wouldn't think it was such a good idea. If they do this in Texas they will learn that lesson. When someone is robbing you you don't commend him or praise him you STOP him and kill him if that is the only way!

its only gonna get worse cause the victimization crowd is in control of the media...in otherwords we owned slaves 150+ years ago so we're the bad guys no matter what....

actually we've thrown money at the education dept. for decades and it hasn't helped at all...

the only way they will shoot looters is if its a nationwide rioting that happens, as long as its only 1 or 2 cities they'll never shoot rioters/looters...

I heard a rumor that gray was already injured from a previous accident on an ATV when the police apprehended him so they may not be the ones that actually hurt/killed him...

Well now you mean that capitol punishment works ? I always though so.

I do agree with peoples ability to protest in public but not to attack others or destroy property people need to work all those businesses that burned

caused many to loose income and they burned a home for the elderly these are criminals plain and simple.

it appears that the criminal element used the cover of protest to rob a few places that had things to turn into quick cash, some were criminals that want

laws and policing to change so they can be better scum and not loose their lives in commiting crime.

I know that even as far back as the 1980's convicts were saying they were going to overcome the system by shear numbers change by attrition is not a new concept.

One of these days the public or sheeple will get it through their thick skull that criminals are not human they are leaches or predators they are causing us more in tax dollars than the quoted 20 to 40,000 a year per they have children and we pay for them while they are locked up.

so you can double that number not to mention some of the wifes are as bad as they are from prostitution to shoplifting drug mules and more.

Anyone who thinks that a felon is locked up and creats no more carnage is a moron keeping them alive at a certain point is like pouring money like water through a seive.

The people that protect them are lawyers they have a vested interest in making money off them from appeals and stays since they do not make or have money we pay and that is fine if they have resonable grounds or are not a murderer child molester or rapist at a 70% + recidivism rate

we can save some but not if the worst are preying on them and using them as pawns in their attempt to control power and drug traffic in the prison system.

its only gonna get worse cause the victimization crowd is in control of the media...in otherwords we owned slaves 150+ years ago so we're the bad guys no matter what....

actually we've thrown money at the education dept. for decades and it hasn't helped at all...

the only way they will shoot looters is if its a nationwide rioting that happens, as long as its only 1 or 2 cities they'll never shoot rioters/looters...

I heard a rumor that gray was already injured from a previous accident on an ATV when the police apprehended him so they may not be the ones that actually hurt/killed him...

In education it is the student that is responsible to learn and the school to have ernest teachers and staff teaching real world reading spelling math and science not social engineering and speculative garbage.

LIKE GLBT crap it is not our business what people are, respect them and leave your hatred at the door we do not have to like everybodys lifestyle

people are not receptive to critisim or abuse so don't,  let them work it out as we all must.

there is no place for personal garbage in the workplace if it causes problems do not communicate it overtly if you want to wear a T-shirt that is not vulgar fine it befuddles me as to it's OK to wear a head scarf and you cannot wear a Christian emblem like a cross or a desktop widget.

freedom is for everyone but respect and space as well as toning it down either actions or volume your home is where you can live as you please.

If you have to get your inner freak on there are too many places that allow for any and all kinds you do not need to make an azz out of yourself in public.

all of this is only an opinion but it worked for most people and did not breed secret hatred or worse as you never know what others really think some smile in your face and plant a knife in your back at the first opportunity.

LOL, Guess what Snake??? I don't believe in the Death Penalty. I am a lock them up, weld the door shut and let them rot there until they die sort of dude. The problem with the death penalty is the process that is used to sentence someone to death. It is MASSIVLY flawed and we have killed hundreds of totally innocent people over the decades.

Problem one... The prosecutors treat it like a game. They have been CAUGHT on multiple occasions in possession of evidence that would have cleared the person that they are trying to kill and suppressed or just out and out hid it. This is a fact. They are keeping score and if the evidence comes in after the trial starts they don't want to ruin their records. THAT'S what is MOST important you know.

The prosecutor is legally allowed to BUY witnesses. If a Defense attorney got caught offering someone money or other reward if they would testify that their client was with them at the time of the crime..well they would throw both of them UNDER the jail. Nonetheless the prosecutor is allowed to work deals with criminals to say that he told them all about it while they were in jail together. Happens all the time. OR they often let the killer either walk free or settle for a lesser sentence if they will turn states evidence. I know personally of one of these situations. The killer got life with parole possible while the accomplices got death. Hell we executed one last year the was the driver in a robbery and the killer got life. THAT is not justice Snake.

Then you have the cases where after the fact they discover that someone is innocent and STILL at least try to kill them anyway. Sadly proof of innocence will not get you a new trial. The appeals are allowed ONLY for judicial errors and such. This is a FACT. Everyone in Texas prisons is checked for DNA to see if  they might be a match for other crimes...EXCEPT death row. They won't allow that until after the death. We had one a few years ago the was real questionable. Finally someone snuck a tooth out after he had a dental procedure. Guess what the DNA proved? You guessed it he could not POSSIBLY have been the killer!! It took a major act that included the Governor to get him a new trial and the entire time the prosecutor was still trying to have him killed.

We had another that was on death row for killing a woman in the Lubock area. That is in the north part of the Texas panhandle. A problem arose when it was proven that he was in Tampa Florda the day of the killing and the day after. He was at work on the clock. It took a Governors partial pardon to get him off death row. He got that on the condition that it was commuted to life without parole and no appeals allowed. This was Henry Lee Lucas, he also had other convictions . He was a nut and confessed to every murder since Lincoln and Das all over the place had a ball getting convictions and clearing their books while REAL killers went unsought. It is all a game to them. In the end I'm not sure he killed but one person and that was decades ago. He was sort of a seemingly sweet old codger and would agree to almost anything and loved the attention so he just kept confessing.

Snake the reason that I know so much about all this is that my wife worked in the prisons until she retired after 25 years. She spent almost half of those years working on the units that housed death row. Until recently where it has just gotten obvious that I'm right she was a supporter of the death penalty. I'm not a bleeding heart, If they are caught and it can be proven beyond ANY doubt that they did it, give me a pistol and I'll do it for them. BUT and it is a GREAT BIG butt; it is never OK to kill an innocent man. I would gladly do a prosecutor if it could be proven that he had hidden evidence that would have cleared the man he was murdering. Talk about premeditated MURDER!!! They are almost never prosecuted though.

The death penalty isn't about guilt or innocence. It is about who you are, how much money do you have, who you killed, and how much media attention it is getting. I hate to say it but it is true. If you are black, killed someone in the commission of another crime and have a public defender you are in deadly trouble!!!!

hey to each his own I worked in the justice system also in different capacities and your point about the law / way they do the death penalty mombo is flawed but if they have a laundry list of felonies why bother to save them ? so they can lengthen it ?

I do see both sides and there are times when a life sentance is viable.

innocent is as innocent is what history does the person have ? if none then there is doubt if there is a history of violence and injury from those

or demostrable violence like rape child molestation or other murders as I have seen where that was the case and they were released from the sh*tter

now that is way unfair to the general public and there are so many there is no way to have a data base like sexual predators.

If we kill an innocent but one that has a lengthy violent criminal history so what we are just saving the world at large the pain they will inflict otherwise.

evil is like curdled cream it will rise to the top just as well as the good so eventually we will get the one that did do the dirty deed eventually.

I sure cannot see where unless the evidence is rock solid before we jab in the needle or flip the switch, in fact if the incident is so important pull out all the stops If I were accused of a heinous crime I would allow hypnotism polygraph and a palm reader they may can doge one but not all.

the justice system like Psycology it needs less theory and more science in the 70's they were still using shock treament and shock therapy now they drug them to the same level of compliance seen it done and they keep moving the bar so no one can accuse the society of not being proactive.

We have tools that we could use but lawyer want wiggle room and if you nail the lid shut, they don't have it.

I do recall how nice it was to live in Singapore and a few other places that have a swift and certain form of taking care of business what I did not like was that unlike our form of justice and I am using this example loosely innocent until proven guilty but once all doubt is removed we need to have swift and final punishment.

If not for fact that a debt must be paid but every time the family has to see the one that took their family members life they die a little more.

every year once they become eligeable for parole they get a hearing and unless the family is present there is a possibility that the parole board may let them go.

And you are correct that popularity and money are involved but that is the jurys job to see through the fog and if they are such sheeple then that is the justice we deserve ?

On top of everything else it is CHEAPER to lock them up that to execute them. There are places in Texas that you don't have to worry about the death penalty for the simple reason that the county can't afford a death penalty trial and the appeals that will go with it. Also I think that the life in solitary is more punishment than putting them to sleep. In Texas Max High security segregation is a tiny little hole in the wall 23 hours a day. It is about 7 feet wide and 10 feet long with a door not bars and no window. The one hour a day of "outside recreation" is spent alone in a cage where they can see the sky through a chain link roof and cement walls all around. Now THAT is punishment! The food sucks there is no TV and they are never in the dark. The light burns 24/7. What little they see of the world is through a food slot and no inmates are allowed on the hall and the guards don't chat with them. It is a living hell that goes on and on!

well I am a death penalty guy if they did it like in the olden days...you got convicted and they hung you within a couple days of your conviction if it fell on a sunday they waited till Monday...there were no appeals either in the beginning

LMAO the woman who slapped the snot out of her kid is being praised and as I recall the man that swatted his child with a switch was put on probation

now does that send mixed messages or what ?

I am floored that CPS was not called and her child taken away a public display like that in a wally world would get you a ride in a police car but because

people deplore the riots in this instance it's OK --- WTF ?

If this battering was OK then why not corporal punishment back in schools ? better than getting a concussion from your mother on national TV ?

people are going to have to pull their heads out of their neither regions and think we cannot let it go to that level until we all agree an azz whoopings gotta come.

it is the fact that we postpone coporal punishment that disrepect for authority stems from and OL' Barney Fife said NIP IT IN THE BUD !

It was funny that half and half of the police injured were black or white seems the rioters were not caring about hurting people on a racial basis

they just hate doing what they are commanded to do by a officer of the law and or hate any authority and want to be thugs without fear of getting shot full of holes.

Is there a race problem YES is it as bad as some say NOT REALLY blacks are not shot any more than whites white people and others act like an azz too BUT when we see racism we should stomp it out as it is no different than the Nazi's hateing the Jews once it gets out of hand look at where it leads

death camps and gassing children that should wake people up.

I am an American I have rights I don't have to like you just respect you as long as you do not cross the line and get physical IMHO.

It is an old principle DO UNTO OTHERS AS YOU WOULD HAVE THEM DO UNTO YOU.

Seems like groups trying ot make a name or cut a swath in society forget they did not like flamboyant or loud people they were against now that they think they have the floor they want to overwhelm everyone else even those that agree that they have a right to do as they choose as a lifestye.

Damn I can see your side too in some cases it would work better but at some point like multiple murders or killing children a line has been crossed and we need to deal life for life no options and of course criminal history should play a part at the sentancing not at the first of a trial as that would possibly

taint the outcome and ALL evidence should be brought to the table no suppression except visiable or  tangible proof IMO.

In other words if a confession had a piece of rock solid evidence then that part should be used and what is not be redacted.

Example the killer says he gouged out the eyes, and they were,  that is an exact explanation of the crime that only the killer would know.

placing them in the death house.

I like blood matching  cameras / video finger prints DNA voice recording etc science can be a bar by that we can measure guilt or innocense and in so it makes it fact.

I do not like anything but good facts and more than one in some cases death is permanant we need to be sure as we can be.

actually per (I believe) 2012 FBI stats there were 135 blacks shot by police and over 300+ whites and I don't think its gotten any worse than that its just that they put ONLY blacks getting shot in the news and rarely the whites...

actually per (I believe) 2012 FBI stats there were 135 blacks shot by police and over 300+ whites and I don't think its gotten any worse than that its just that they put ONLY blacks getting shot in the news and rarely the whites...

LET"S KICK IT meet you in the street let's get stupid they are killing us 2 to 1 now that ain't fair LOL well I don't give a rats behind if they were in a felony situation and did something against the cops bad move on their part I am sure a couple may need some investigation as law of averages a couple in a hundred COULD be suspect.

If the law and system works it will find the truth as long as politics and personal feeling are kept out.

Justice is supposed to be blind not stupid and any decent officer does thier best to do the right thing but let us not kid ourselves the law of averages still applies to all if 1 in a hundred is crazy in the private sector one in the police is also and it proven out with all the officers that get caught or loose their badge not as high as people think or not as bad as some think.

We are making it hard for good police to do their jobs and that is going to cause a hell of a problem down the road I don't like it and no one else should either no matter what race or whatever you are police should be given latitude but have checks and balances as they do but with all the negativity from

the media and other agencies and political reasons they are not given a fair shake as innocent till proven guilty IMHO.

I think one of two things will happen to our police force if they continue to pressure them the way they are doing...

1. it will make all the good cops leave and leave only bad cops behind to run things OR

2. it will leave us with a pussiefied police force and criminals will reign.

If ALL the police in the US went on strike and the law abiding folks didn't have them protecting the criminals the crime rate would plummet. Let's be real. The laws that prevent everyone from carrying a gun ONLY apply to good honest people. Criminals don't obey laws. That is why they are called criminals. Liberals think that guns somehow take these [poor people over and force them to commit crimes. They just can't seem to comprehend that more laws, that ONLY effect good people, will not make criminals act better.

I don't know what the cops are going to do. This last thing in Baltimore basically means that if you try to arrest someone and they resist you had BETTER just let them go. If you persist in trying to arrest them and they get hurt you may be tried for assault or manslaughter!

A quote from Ben Franklin In 1755 (Pennsylvania Assembly: Reply to the Governor, Tue, Nov 11, 1755), Franklin wrote: "Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."

we are here,  now get off the bus and grab your ankles.

If ALL the police in the US went on strike and the law abiding folks didn't have them protecting the criminals the crime rate would plummet. Let's be real. The laws that prevent everyone from carrying a gun ONLY apply to good honest people. Criminals don't obey laws. That is why they are called criminals. Liberals think that guns somehow take these [poor people over and force them to commit crimes. They just can't seem to comprehend that more laws, that ONLY effect good people, will not make criminals act better.

Well said Danm, I totally agree.

There were two words that meant more than life to good men when I was young. Honor and worthy. Without honor man is nothing more than an animal and when you help those who are not worthy you are cutting your own throat. Now respect is not something EARNED it is a hollow pittance offered to anyone, especially those without honor or worth. Until the honorable reclaim the reigns of this country we will slowly sink into the slime and eventually die as a culture. Rights mean NOTHING if they are not matched with an equal numbers of responsibility.

Honor and Worthy are fine words as long as some pitchman is not manioulating them to format an outcome.

I may be jaded but I have seen many die for nothing under the premis of certain words and THEY incorporate pride massage egos and all the other words and when it is all said and done they rake in a ton of cash and you get the short end of the stick.

Loosly I will say they expect others to fall on their swords and are protected by that self same group but never lose a drop of blood.

THEY make the rules and contrive problems from thin air mostly THEIR actions create threats against the citizens and defenders and WE are left to pick up the pieces or bury the dead.

I do not beleive a damn thing anymore I look evey gift horse in the mouth and question all things I have no faith or trust in anyone unless they lead from the front even then I question leaders as they are just as easily driven into a trap with the words and oaths that the elite do not adhere to.

life is cheap if you do not know your value your meat on a stick.

If you think I am wrong then why do investment bankers make all the money and veterans have to be supported by independent organizations ?

why were the banks bailed out and we the people were left out in the cold ? why are so many dead and we have nothing to show for it.

Police are threatened all the time and a judge gets a nasty note and state police are covering them like a blanket ?

How did we fight 2 wars on s different sides of the earth and win in 4 years and we cannot against a JV team ? and it took how many years in the NAM - IRAQ - AFGHANISTAN does anyone remember what happened in SOMOLIA that was the test bed where our resolve was exposed the chink in our armour.

I could take it back to Vietnam after a few years any enemy could have figured out we have no resolve to quickly dispatch an enemy we are nation building and winning hearts & minds failed policies from Korea and forward.

I have heard very fine people whom I know were in ernest and beleived what they said and I do not doubt their honor or commitment to duty but somewhere we have been derailed now it is never let a crisis go to waste and slippery truth.

I do know that when we were all paying a premium for gasoline no one else was other countries that were the center of our problems where

treated with more respect given more freedom and paid to rat each other out and they played us from both ends.

soon I feel people will see that our own is the problem taxes can be increased to a point where you will loose your property

being accused is as good as being tried and convicted unless you have thousands of dollars for a lawyer.

we are living in a cast system we just do not have colered dots to separate us our system is money the less you have the less your get.

All I ever hear is equality under the law since when ask anyone on medicaid if it is equal to medicare ask anyone that dets a court appointed lawyer

if it was better than a movie star lawyer. when invaders are given shelter and move to the head of the line and take / given what they did not pay for.

they have people who tell them and fill out there forms we are misguided and left to our own wits.

every public transportation restricts your right to defend yourself and have the method to do so. I seem to recall veterans were prevented from going to a monument and were treatred like second class citizens but if you wna to riot and burn down a city the law is stopped from taking charge.

and are left to watch and wait wile personal property is destroyed and people robed and beaten by thugs.

How about Garland Texas who took care of it not the people that were supposed to and they had information that these people were dangerous.

For a long time i have been a disinterested bystander and intend to stay that way we are being led down a primrose path the powers and agencies that be are not interested in stopping an event I think they are wanting something to happen to change the rules.

How else could 2 people on a watch list drive 3 states and knew where this event was and yet no one was there or were even warned it was only the police that took on thier own inititive and put their lives in danger to stop a mass murder of 40 + people and probably more on site.

if there are 2 then are there 2000 or 20,000 or more ? if I had a speeding ticket I would not be at liberty but yet we have people that have contact and

are on no fly lists that walk free something is very wrong.