Sign in to follow this  
Partsman

Thought Provoking Question

I think the founders of this country would have understood this .... in fact they did it.

Published On June 28, 2011 | By Larken Rose | From COPBLOCK Badges Don't Grant Extra Rights

That question, even without an answer, makes most “law-abiding taxpayers” go into knee-jerk conniptions. The indoctrinated masses all race to see who can be first, and loudest, to proclaim that it is NEVER okay to forcibly resist “law enforcement.” In doing so, they also inadvertently demonstrate why so much of human history has been plagued by tyranny and oppression.

In an ideal world, cops would do nothing except protect people from thieves and attackers, in which case shooting a cop would never be justified. In the real world, however, far more injustice, violence, torture, theft, and outright murder has been committed IN THE NAME of “law enforcement,” than has been committed in spite of it. To get a little perspective, try watching a documentary or two about some of the atrocities committed by the regimes of Stalin, or Lenin, or Chairman Mao, or Hitler, or Pol Pot, or any number of other tyrants in history. Pause the film when the jackboots are about to herd innocent people into cattle cars, or gun them down as they stand on the edge of a ditch, and THEN ask yourself the question, “When should you shoot a cop?” Keep in mind, the evils of those regimes were committed in the name of “law enforcement.” And as much as the statement may make people cringe, the history of the human race would have been a lot LESS gruesome if there had been a lot MORE “cop-killers” around to deal with the state mercenaries of those regimes.

People don’t mind when you point out the tyranny that has happened in other countries, but most have a hard time viewing their OWN “country,” their OWN “government,” and their OWN “law enforcers,” in any sort of objective way. Having been trained to feel a blind loyalty to the ruling class of the particular piece of dirt they live on (a.k.a. “patriotism”), and having been trained to believe that obedience is a virtue, the idea of forcibly resisting “law enforcement” is simply unthinkable to many. Literally, they can’t even THINK about it. And humanity has suffered horribly because of it. It is a testament to the effectiveness of authoritarian indoctrination that literally billions of people throughout history have begged and screamed and cried in the face of authoritarian injustice and oppression, but only a tiny fraction have ever lifted a finger to actually try to STOP it.

Even when people can recognize tyranny and oppression, they still usually talk about “working within the system”–the same system that is responsible for the tyranny and oppression. People want to believe that ”the system” will, sooner or later, provide justice. The last thing they want to consider is that they should “illegally” resist–that if they want to achieve justice, they must become “criminals” and “terrorists,” which is what anyone who resists “legal” injustice is automatically labelled. But history shows all too well that those who fight for freedom and justice almost always do so “illegally”–i.e., without the permission of the ruling class.

If politicians think that they have the right to impose any “law” they want, and cops have the attitude that, as long as it’s called “law,” they will enforce it, what is there to prevent complete tyranny? Not the consciences of the “law-makers” or their hired thugs, obviously. And not any election or petition to the politicians. When tyrants define what counts as “law,” then by definition it is up to the “law-breakers” to combat tyranny.

Pick any example of abuse of power, whether it is the fascist “war on drugs,” the police thuggery that has become so common, the random stops and searches now routinely carried out in the name of “security” (e.g., at airports, “border checkpoints” that aren’t even at the border, “sobriety checkpoints,” and so on), or anything else. Now ask yourself the uncomfortable question: If it’s wrong for cops to do these things, doesn’t that imply that the people have a right to RESIST such actions? Of course, state mercenaries don’t take kindly to being resisted, even non-violently. If you question their right to detain you, interrogate you, search you, invade your home, and so on, you are very likely to be tasered, physically assaulted, kidnapped, put in a cage, or shot. If a cop decides to treat you like livestock, whether he does it “legally” or not, you will usually have only two options: submit, or kill the cop. You can’t resist a cop ”just a little” and get away with it. He will always call in more of his fellow gang members, until you are subdued or dead.

Basic logic dictates that you either have an obligation to LET “law enforcers” have their way with you, or you have the right to STOP them from doing so, which will almost always require killing them. (Politely asking fascists to not be fascists has a very poor track record.) Consider the recent Indiana Supreme Court ruling, which declared that if a cop tries to ILLEGALLY enter your home, it’s against the law for you to do anything to stop him. Aside from the patent absurdity of it, since it amounts to giving thugs with badges PERMISSION to “break the law,” and makes it a CRIME for you to defend yourself against a CRIMINAL (if he has a badge), consider the logical ramifications of that attitude.

There were once some words written on a piece of parchment (with those words now known as the Fourth Amendment), that said that you have the right to be free from unreasonable searches and seizures at the hands of ”government” agents. In Indiana today, what could that possibly mean? The message from the ruling class is quite clear, and utterly insane. It amounts to this: “We don’t have the right to invade your home without probable cause … but if we DO, you have no right to stop us, and we have the right to arrest you if you try.”

Why not apply that to the rest of the Bill of Rights, while we’re at it? ”You have the right to say what you want, but if we use violence to shut you up, you have to let us.” (I can personally attest to the fact that that is the attitude of the U.S. “Department of Justice.”) “You have the right to have guns, but if we try to forcibly and illegally disarm you, and you resist, we have the right to kill you.” (Ask Randy Weaver and the Branch Davidians about that one.) “You have the right to not testify against yourself, but when we coerce you into confessing (and call it a ’plea agreement’), you can’t do a thing about it.” What good is a ”right”–what does the term “right” even mean–if you have an obligation to allow jackboots to violate your so-called “rights”? It makes the term absolutely meaningless.

To be blunt, if you have the right to do “A,” it means that if someone tries to STOP you from doing “A”–even if he has a badge and a politician’s scribble (“law”) on his side–you have the right to use whatever amount of force is necessary to resist that person. That’s what it means to have an unalienable right. If you have the unalienable right to speak your mind (a la the First Amendment), then you have the right to KILL “government” agents who try to shut you up. If you have the unalienable right to be armed, then you have the right to KILL ”government” agents who try to disarm you. If you have the right to not be subjected to unreasonable searches and seizures, then you have the right to KILL “government” agents who try to inflict those on you.

Those who are proud to be “law-abiding” don’t like to hear this, and don’t like to think about this, but what’s the alternative? If you do NOT have the right to forcibly resist injustice–even if the injustice is called ”law”–that logically implies that you have an obligation to allow ”government” agents to do absolutely anything they want to you, your home, your family, and so on. Really, there are only two choices: you are a slave, the property of the politicians, without any rights at all, or you have the right to violently resist “government” attempts to oppress you. There can be no other option.

Of course, on a practical level, openly resisting the gang called ”government” is usually very hazardous to one’s health. But there is a big difference between obeying for the sake of self-preservation, which is often necessary and rational, and feeling a moral obligation to go along with whatever the ruling class wants to do to you, which is pathetic and insane. Most of the incomprehensible atrocities that have occurred throughout history were due in large part to the fact that most people answer “never” to the question of “When should you shoot a cop?” The correct answer is: When evil is “legal,” become a criminal. When oppression is enacted as “law,” become a “law-breaker.” When those violently victimizing the innocent have badges, become a cop-killer.

The next time you hear of a police officer being killed “in the line of duty,” take a moment to consider the very real possibility that maybe in that case, the “law enforcer” was the bad guy and the “cop killer” was the good guy. As it happens, that has been the case more often than not throughout human history.

WOW you really want a visit from the men in black LMAO

I am of the opinion that people are people just as many in any group are apathetic, bad, corrupt, good, political, power mad by percentage

and it has not been found that pre employment testing has changed the percentages some responsibility has to be on the shoulders of

the supervisors and ranking officers,

We are about to see a tidal wave it appears from all the information that all agencies will fall under one umbrella no more border  city county state

etc. etc. in fact it will be more like a defacto government at the civilian level  I have heard other rumblings but that is water cooler scuttlebutt

most of what I understand is very believable.

Partsman you have hit the nail on the head problem is it is already happening and no one is doing a thing about it not right or left even those

who say they are independents. recent purchases or large quantities of ammo is not isolated other agencies have made orders also.

If it looks like a duck quacks like a duck and swims like a duck .............

Everyone knows of the signing of the "TREATY" so just how is this suppose to be enforced? where are all the individual rights whore mongers

race baiters and civil rights activists now?

This is the moment that defines us and all I see is apathy or complete blindness it is just weird how can so many educated people be so ignorant

and stupid ! that or they must be a party to it.

Partsman your reference to the dictators and preamble to each rise to totalitarian authority and bloody erasure of all their enemies.

BUT try to tell an American and their only reply is "it will never happen here" .

it is sad but I see the end of the road even if we were to wake up now it would still be too late IMO.

I would like to inform anyone reading this that many officers were killed trying to prevent the overthrow of decency

not everyone is a puppet or willing to save their own life at the expense of others without a fight.

I remember back when I used to go to New Orleans back in the 80s.

Back around then they had an anticorruption purge of the NOPD.  They fired around 22 officers and the next week/month the murder rate dropped around 15 to 20%...I don't remember the exact number anymore.  Made me laugh most of the way back to Texas.

partsman, you put forth some good points. While I served in California in law enforcement, my experience with law enforfcement officers in other states was (thankfully) limited to mainly the western United States. After my LEO career, I went into the private sector and saw a great deal more LEOS from other states. MOST, were good decent people, like me, and just wanted to nail the bad guys. A very few, were thugs with badges, and those were NOT the norm. Can't say anything about Louisiana, since I never had any professionalm or personal experience with LEOs in that state. My observations during the Katrina debacle tainted my opinions.

Most officers that are killed in the line of duty, die unfortunately from traffic accidents. Acts of violence against officers make up the rest. Also, we nderstand that most of the latter fatalities, occur because the officers do NOT take appropriate "officer survival" preventative actions in their contacts with the public, and get complacent. We ALL get complacent in our occupations, and sometimes, that complacency will kill us, or cause us to get severely hurt.

Once the officer is out of the patrol car, and approaching the vehicle they've stopped, IF the bad guy wants to kill/wound you, he's already got the jump on you, because your reaction time, is NEVER as good as his action time.

Which is why I did as few traffic stops as I could in my career, hated them with a passion. In every LEO contact with anyone, there IS always at least one firearm present at that contact situation, and that one for sure is yours. Not only does one have to be concerned with weapons retention, officer survival, and discerning what, who and where the suspect is, you always need to watch the hands of everyone you come into contact with. Just because you've stopped a Mommy-van doesn't mean Mommy isn't under the influence of who-knows-what and won't kill you if she gets a chance.

Might sound a tad negative right? Not at all, it's based on statistical facts. The FBI keeps stats on officer deaths annually, to include how, where and why the officer/deputy was killed in the line of duty. Makes for a very depressing but interesting read.(open source to the public , too)

Thankfully, in the USA the number of corrupt officers is actually small. Anytime an officer is corrupt and out-of-line, it makes the news, because it is far more rare than people might think. While each state IS different in their professional standards and training, there are minimum standards for all states that are close to being the same. My home state has pretty rigorous training and hiring standards, other states might not be anywhere close.

Let's not indict or "suggest" that the officers killed in the line of duty "deserved" it, because the citizen was reacting to unreasonable force, while that is popular in current fiction and some entertainment venues, it just isn't the truth at all.

Assumptions in Law Enforcement will get you killed, as well as making assumptions on the private side of the equation while dealing with law enforcement usually brings you the negative result you are conciously or unconciouslty seeking.

We've all seen and dealt with a negative person in a specific occupation, but how many of those IN that occupation are REALLY able to be blanketed with a brand of being "corrupt"?(politicians excluded of course) Just something else to consider and think about. THANKS!!

Well Bruce Lee was small so what's your point ?

it is not a matter of how small all the leaders of all the crime families of old could fit in a small holiday inn express room.

but they ran billions of dollars of business and still have a presence,

the Seal teams are only a SMALL group would you want them on your azz ?

it is all relative if your the one being railroaded it is not so fun let us say that there is only one corrupt officer on each force wow 

thats a hell of a lot of folks and like oil globs they eventually come together now you got a real mess.

all I know is that many gangs south of the border are operating here now I wonder about that first they are Illegal second they are

Obvious next they have no means of support and still they seem to do business now thats funny.

and why exclude politicians as the arm of the law is their muscle although the people they are arresting may be guilty are they doing it to

remove the competition from the field ?

I recall a man shot in the back multiple times with a 22 BOLT ACTION rifle and it was called a suicide then some stiff shows up in a park

head down hill but dried blood running DOWN his face we still have no clue what happened there,

so just how bad does corruption need to be before it is a PROBLEM ?

Dead people voting  soldiers overseas ballots being lost millions of dollar IN CASH lost in transit just what is corruption what and how is it when does it get bad enough to know ?

I am not satisfied with the PAT answer that it is not pervasive I think law enforcement is riddled with corruption so much so that it is camouflaged so well by all the little stuff like hiding a green maple leaf in a oak tree just how in the hell would you find it.

If there is one thing I do know if there is a way to prevent it then there is a way to allow it,  and all good magicians know how to misdirect.

And only the magician knows what and when.

And while the crowd is trying to catch him in a mistake a pick pocket is working the crowd and a hooker a confidence man and a gigolo

someone is working the parking lot boosting radios and personals and the manager of the spot is banging the ticket booth kid.

and some fence is waiting to by the goods from the pick pocket the hooker and the car thief.

BOB in the back is not sitting with his wife and Steve is a tax cheat Wanda steals from her employer he skims time from his employees.

all the while the local cop is waiting for turn out so he can catch a few speeders or one too many under their belt and let his buddy

the local dealer drive by without anyone having a note of suspicion.

You see there are very few innocent people it is only their place in the chain.

yea the circus is always in town.

My pet peeve is the local bikers cops don't even bother them but they ride around advertising they sell MJ cocaine pimp and murder

and yet it is their civil right too.

and we have not scratched the surface of Payton Place yet. 

I only play a redneck I know what goes on around me and it keeps me entertained recently a person was arrested for embezzlement

hell I had them pegged years ago when we first were introduced but they were a pillar of the community present at all the functions.

well groomed latest fashion trends.

Had all the signs of a high functioning sociopath and they used to set with all the local business folk police and politicians .

OK, Snake, I just do not understand this last post of yours. It bounced ALL around a variety of subjects. My point is this, since WE as preppers or survivalists(take your pick) are all painted with the same brush, WHAT is the point of doing the same to a broad class of people?

That never makes sense, morally, ethically or dare I say, politically.

I LOATHE the current batch of politicians in D.C., perhaps a very few of them are clean, as cynical as I am right now this morning, I would guess not too many are remotely clean.

However, I am NOT willing to paint a broad class of people with any brush, until I see first hand imperical evidence of a systemic infection of corruption. Our current law enforcement system nationally is not. While there ARE political pimps that exist within the national law enforcement agencies, starting from the top of the US DOJ on down, our state and local LEOs are no where near as politically corrupt.

So far, I've not seen any evidence other than anecdotal, "I know of" type of references, which i slike saying, "That ol' Snake, sure is a crazy guy, probably dissects small animals in his spare time while they are alive..." type of reference. I know that is not true, but in public forums such as this, such rampant speculation is exactly WHAT our political enemies and those enemies of this Republic WANT us to do.(end of the sermon to the choir)

I loath the same ones you do :lol:

I guess why I posted all over the place is one of our old members joined a local group and quickly found that there was a mole in the group.

our detractors will try any way to infiltrate any groups so I just wanted folks to understand you can't trust anyone.

people that think we are wrong headed or worse want to know everything they find the most pliable of a group and exploit their weakness.

a sort of entrapment once turned they inform.

BUT I do get your point and I have found no matter what if they are against you they will lie against you so it really does not matter if I do

something or not as we have seen by the IRS they will go to any lengths to crush any opposition,

In colleges it has been very popular for professors to fail students with conservative views.

Many companies will drop a person who hunts goes to church or is a member of a organization or involvement they deem inappropriate.

It is all very politically correct and on the QT.

seems like people with families are very cautious fearing something will cause their getting let go.

Old Russian proverb...

When four people sit to plot revolution, three are fools, the fourth a police spy.

Snakes comment about the mole brought that to mind.

The humor behind it is that I have NEVER heard anyone here even suggest anything violent against the goverment.  But they still watch, they still look, and they still hope.

VB anyone that thinks violence is an answer in ones own country against their own people has a screw loose.

the list of violent acts that FAILED run at 100% they NEVER accomplish what was intended even if they did

it never ends well look at all the dictators that started their climb to power only to end up murdered poisoned or a suicide.

and still some NIMROD thinks that it is an option, apparently none of them could read any history book is filled with them.

Mussolini & Hitler are a couple of the most recent one hung with wire the other a burnt pile. and supposedly the Russians

have his head.

then there are the home grown morons they executed the the Oklahoma dingle berry then there are the 2 junk in the trunk

DC shooters the Boston pair look at what happened there instead of living a life one dead and the others life is trashed he is

such a pretty boy he will be someones Bit@h.

of course there have been a couple that did kick off nothing but horrors for their own people one plunged his own into

virtual slavery for 80 years and the killing of half his own people ones that he thought in all his wisdom he was going to help.

by taking the life of Archduke Ferdinand, in 1914.

These are only a few of the insane epic screw ups of do-gooders who either try to become a martyr to be glorified or rise to power

on the blood of others narcissistic sociopaths who are willing to exterminate friends and fellow flag wavers and anyone they has less

then fever pitch loyalty willing to turn in their own family and send them to death camps.

yea it never works out nothing but blood, misery, murder. torture and much much worse it is really sick thinking to go down that road.

If they bother to look, they should have taken note that, once 'they' have risen to power one of the first things they do is get rid of the people who helped put them there.

Hitler and Stalin are classic examples of that.

yea like Putin you know that no one who knew him as a young man is alive today so he buried his secrets literally.

People think that when a colleague  makes it that they will be able to ride in style as a member of their posse.

well some people do not want anyone around them but yes men and never want to be embarrassed or judged 

or treated as an equal to or by anyone.

I remember a saying like familiarity breeds attempt {not contempt but that also applies} as some ascend the ladder of importance and fame 

some feel their past is beneath them and try to put on sophistication and a facade of false confidence.

I have seen people take lessons in dancing table etiquette speech therapy,  jargon training and read all the self help books and still cannot 

tell the difference from Champagne and sparkling wine or understand what BRUT & DOUX DEMI etc. or that it a regional vintner issue.

some could not tell mad dog 20/20 from a vintage year. i know I am no authority on wines but it is always fun to watch the neuvo riche

navigate uncharted territory it is fun to slip in a King Edward in amongst the Macanudo gold label Hampton Court's in the humidor and watch the fun.

I used to like a Cohiba's or  Punch cigar and a Yogi and Booboo bear jelly jar full of Crown Royal or Myers 151 dark rum  {no ice}.

I broke my Road Runner & Coyote glass now that was a collectors piece. B)

It has been going on for so long it is just now coming to the surface it has been to late for many years and we are never going back so

there is nothing that can be done all people can do other than pissing and moaning is to NOT join any social networking sites

turn your phone to airplane mode when not actually in use and if you can don't waste your money on a smart phone save that money

for your retirement and healthcare because YOUR GOING TO NEED IT!  

25 bucks a month 300 bucks a year turned into silver or some other monetary vehicle would be better than handing it over to a

phone company most people never consider the monthly expenses until a financial catastrophe then they realize those items like 

ONstar satilite radio extra services on your phone like wallpaper and ring tones APPs that are seldom used now add on wireless

entertainment movie services and you soon find 200 to 300  bucks a month or more your wasting with automation and jobs being exported

or phased out or becoming antiquated over night.

People are failing to see that what once was is no more how many people do you know that have worked for the same company

long enough to retire or where the company has not been bought and sold numerous times and now we have many foreign groups

buying up real estate and corporations like pac man gobbling up points.

it is not IF but WHEN you will become unemployed or dismissed from a buyout or you have become benefit drag  for your company

and the bean counters realize that they can hire 2 people for one of you and demand more work from them that they think they can

squeeze out of you of course if this is a mistake on their part and your job is more experience oriented than they anticipated don't

look for them to apologize and beg you to return and wrap you in a golden parachute.

you better figure for every year you have been on the job your going to spend 2 month without new employment if it has been 5 years or longer

plan on 1 year or more in technical or educational retraining to become employable after 40 to 45 years old plan on starting your own business

as nobody wants the preconceived liability on an old goat or plan on rejuvenating procedures like face lifts botox  and laser lifts or dermabrasion

dental implants and hair plugs to hide your age. and all that does not come cheap and insurance will not cover it.

and if you don't do all this the coming nanny state will require it how about a body mass indicator scanner at your work?

what if your job demands a colorectal screening every year breathalizer every morning?  have to staple your medical records to any job application.

what if in order to have a job you had to have a combined credit score heath wellness index and DNA compatibility match?

I mean who would hire you if you had a DNA marker for lupus diabetes and anyone of  thousands of probabilities.

now add in your family tree politics and a prenuptuial or servitude agreement I mean after all they feel if they give you a job they own you

and the government will love it because does the heavy lifting for them all they have to do is tap the information system and siphon it off.

WAHOO no more light scanning your mail or stealing your garbage tapping your phone and word analysis sniping on e-mails and voice 

messages I don't think most of us have to worry about laser pinging on our windows {vibratory interpolation} personally I think the recent

TV commercials that state if your mattress is over 7 years old you need to replace it I think that is the life span on a voice activated

microphone embedded in it IMHO.  LMAO ...........

I can't help but wonder when it will all end...

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/sideshow/new-surveillance-technology-capable-of-watching-you-and-you-and-you-and-you--too-164544068.html

Somehow I don't think they'll be happy till they can follow your 24/7 as well as moniter your daily activitys.

its only just the beginning and there is more to come!

I for one don't care if they watch me {I would rather not have it, but it is not my choice is it?}

I am not starting anything and I am not getting involved, I have been told that the law will handle it so I'll let them.

Violence is ignorance, ignorance is bliss so I feign ignorance in the company of the general public.

I just want to hunt, fish and kick back as I can within the law and with the proper license on private property.

I do not need firearms for taking wild game , nor nets or line so should those become problematic I don't care.

Now I do like and need to be left alone, I feel more at peace without someone hounding  me it is one of my quirks.

But I have found each day that I live forces me to add to the number of people that need a good azz kicking.

I have found it very strange that when you go out of your way to avoid trouble I'll be damned if it does not land right in your lap.