juzcallmesnake

Whats cooking

I thought that I might have a go at a simple cooking post

Dried beans in this case I am using Pinto beans

First how much a fair rule of thumb is a half cup per person dried makes about just over double.

pour out the beans on a table spread them out look for stones mud balls and any beans that are broken

off color or looks grossly deformed toss them out.

take the beans you have sorted and now re evaluate them by transferring one hand to the other and putting in a bowl

after you have double checked them rinse them as your swishing your fingers through them do this 3 times.

using a gallon pot with a good lid put in 3 to 6 times moire water than beans I like a lot of water as I do not like them

to burn and this is easy as it takes a long time to cook dried beans and a person can get side tracked.

you can start them on high as the water comes to a boil turn it down to medium low not to add some ingredients

first some salt not to heavy handed as you use less when you salt cooked foods but about a teaspoon

black pepper about a half teaspoon garlic powder about 1/4 to 1/2 depends on your taste

now some powdered comino or cumin about a 1/4 teaspoon and a half teaspoon of chilli powder.

all of these can be altered later on look at them every 15 minutes stir them so check they are not sticking.

after about an hour to a hour lower the fire to low and a half  put some bacon ham hock ham pork scrap

even if you just have some bacon fat as it adds to the flavor.

after about an hour to hour and a half they should be done and the water should be like a thin gravy

you can cook this down further and squash some of the cooked beans to make a thicker more hearty gravy

if you have left overs you can empty the pot add bacon grease and cook your eggs for breakfast

after you re-fry the beans into almost  a paste  bread for this is either corn tortillas or flour.

any meat and even the eggs are a blessing life on the trail without a refrigerator.

Jerky can be cut up into the beans while they are cooking  and if you like corn bread but corn bread takes milk

and egg as well as self rising flour regular flour {cake or baking}  requires baking soda and baking powder

and some salt.

it can bee cooked in a pan that does not allow the bread to be too thin less than 1 and 1/2 inch thick

and no more than 2 and 1/2 inches thick  the batter will triple in size if you have enough baking powder

and baking soda..

Now this should get you thinking do I have enough corn meal flour and leavening {baking soda and baking ppowder

and salt spices to create this recipe 100 times ?

using powdered milk of course you need the powdered milk eggs can be replaced with 1 ½ tablespoon water
1 ½ tablespoon oil and 1 teaspoon baking powder

Or 1 table spoon beer not too flat and a 1/4 cup water the last and not my favorite is 1 teaspoon. baking powder, 1 Tablespoon  liquid, 1 tablespoon  vinegar.

So just how many cans of powdered eggs you got?

salt drying meat for jerky you need salt so a hundred pounds is not much it may sound like it but it is NOT.

smoke is a preservative but salt has been a traded commodity probably traded as the first money to the oldest 

profession for services rendered.

there is salt even in candy it makes flavors POP without salt and sugar life would be very very bland it is only our

abuse of this that is the problem.

Dried baby or large Lima beans basically the same as pintos

I don't use chili powder comino or cumin in these beans  salt pepper and I use some chicken bullion / chicken stock with water

cook them very similar add ham / pork and lower temp

if you cook the fried pork chops first the oil off those can suffice as pork 

this is very good with some kind of greens I really like mustard greens or collard.

now instead of tortillas this is more tuned for corn bread or cat head  biscuits

here is a kick butt recipe for biscuits very similar to what I do I use real butter instead of grease or oil and half the sugar

http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/JPs-Big-Daddy-Biscuits/

OK here is a old favorite of mine.

Spanish rice & sausage

buy a link of your favorite sausage using a fork poke some holes in it {after it is thawed}

first dice a half a medium onion a couple cloves of garlic or use 1/2 to 1 teaspoon garlic powder

open these three cans so they will be ready to pour into the frying pan

1 can of diced tomatoes

1 can of Rotel  if you can't find Rotel another can of diced tomatoes and a small can of green chillies.

1 small can of tomato sauce

put enough olive oil in a frying pan with a lid to coat 1 cup of white rice.

on medium heat once it is hot put in dry white rice stir until it turns white and a bit toasted

add in onions and garlic sweat for a few minutes but do not scorch the rice.... the should go from white to translucent NOW

pour in the cans of tomato products above and 1 3/4 to 2  cups of water.

add 1/2 teaspoon of salt  and 1/2 teaspoon of black pepper and 1/4 to 1/2  teaspoon of ground cumin or Camino

stir it all together well and lay the sausage on top

lower the heat to LOW you want to simmer this fro about 30 to 45 minutes about every 10 minutes use a spatula and skim the bottom 

to insure it is not sticking each time.

It will be done when the water is gone and the rice is cooked .

my Pinto bean recipe goes well with this and flour tortillas toasted on the stove make you a rice bean ans sausage Burrito.

if you like instead of sausage use chicken breast sliced at a diagonal about 1/2 inch thick salt pepper and fry in olive oil until

it has some decent browning set aside add enough oil for the rice and use the chicken in place of the sausage.

Find a decent roast you do not want gristle or to much fat

salt pepper and garlic powder the roast on all sides let it set

in a 9X11 pan put in aluminum foil {no need to make more of a mess that necessary}

pre heat oven to 350 degrees

peel 4 to 6 potatoes wash them off quarter and leave covered in cool water

peel and cut into sections about 2 inches long 6 carrots

1 onion peel cut ends off and quarter leave on cutting board with carrots

in a cast iron frying pan olive oil on medium heat get the oil hot

sear the roast well brown on medium high heat on all sides using a fork to hold it as your browning ALL SIDES WELL.

It shou7ld looked cooked but it will be raw inside the oven will complete the cooking

the 9 X11 pan place the seared roast in the center poor any drippings from the frying pan onto the roast.

SET THE FRYING PAN ASIDE DO NOT CLEAN IT YET.

Alternate and arrange the onion potatoes and carrots around the roast now cover with aluminum foil and seal the edges.

place the 9X11 covered pan in the center top of the oven in

in 1 and 1/2 to 2 hours take it out it will be done if you want corn bread with just the time it takes to make it mix it put in a pan pop it in so it

is ready when the roast is a corn bread should bounce back when pressed and not leave a low spot where you press it with your fingers.

now remove all the meat and vegetables and plate them and cover with the foil from the top of the 9X11 pan

pour the juice from the 9X11 into the frying pan it should be fairly clear turn the heat up to medium while you mix the flour and water below

in about a cup of COLD water stir in a heaping tablespoon of white flour mix well mash any clumps against the sides of the cup we do not

want lumps and this is also why we use cold water.

have salt and pepper ready to add to taste.

use a fork or a slit spatula as soon as you see the liquid is hot NOT BOILING stir the water / flour well and pour it in as soon as 

it is in start to stir well and all edges of the pan when it gets semi stiff turn off the fire as it will continue to thicken under the heat still left

from the pan put the plated meat and vegetables into the gravy or vice versa as you like to present it on the table.

cover the meat with gravy as it helps to prevent the meat from drying out slice it and serve it at the table.

Potato soup

3 potatoes for each person peel wash and cover with cold water on low heat allow to come to a boil once it gets to a

soup consistency add salt and white pepper if your a purist or like I do just add black pepper add real butter and half & half 

to taste if you like you can add bacon fat 1 tablespoon instead of all butter

lintel soup

these little gems are great I like to cook them like pintos but I use chicken stock like butter beans

surf & turf  soup

Garlic clove crushed water salt pepper add in bamboo shoots mushrooms a few flakes of red pepper a very small amount of chicken bullion

sliced green onions sliced left over COOKED steak or baked chicken quarter up some egg roll wrappers put in separate so they don't stick together.

add in cleaned deviened shrimp  after it is boiling put the shrimp in for about 3 minutes it's done a bit of soy sauce and it's ready.

you can add clams etc.

another one of my specialties are Egg Rolls

I brown up 1 pound of hamburger meat till done

add a medium onion diced fine

a couple cloves of garlic crushed and diced fine

when the onions are trans lucent to slightly brown it is almost finished now add in a 1/4 teaspoon of cinnamon and if you like the

same amount of ginger try a touch on your tongue to see if you like ginger first it is different!

salt and pepper to taste it is done when the

kick up the frying pan on the burner grate push all of this up to let the fat drain and remove it

I use a mandolin slicer to fine slice cabbage about a small to medium one

then I grate 4 to 6 carrots

the meat should be cool oil removed now mix the vegetables and meat well together

set a deep fryer to 375 degrees having at least 4 to 6 inches of oil and try to only fry 3 at a time otherwise the oil will loose temperature

and the Egg Rolls will be oily tasting

Now make  Egg wash simply take 2 eggs and 2 teaspoon of water well whisked together.

the egg rolll wrappers should be just out of the fridge as cold ones don't stretch out of shape.

with one corner toward you take a tablespoon of the meat and vegetable mix and place it nearer to you than center fold

the corner nearest to you over the mixture it should almost cover all but some out each end I use a brush and just wet the corner facing up

this acts like a glue when it is set in the fryer NOW the let us call them wings {the 2 corners need to be folded in one side and wet with egg wash

them the other roll it like a cigar wet the corner with egg wash  and make sure it makes a seal on all sides place on a lightly floured surface

and do the rest don't let them touch they may try to stick together you will need enough egg wash to roll the egg rolls in just before

you put them into the fryer.

when they are a bit darker than golden brown remove them let them lay on a wire rack until you finish them all have

Soy sauce, sweet & sour sauce as well as Chinese mustard ready.

these can be frozen in a zip lock bag and microwaved for a quick meal anytime

sweet & sour sauce I do mine from apple cider vinegar cherry juice and pineapple juice the vinegar is to each persons taste once you have

it the way you like  get a teaspoon of corn starch in about 2 tablespoons of water mixed well NO LUMPS and have ready to add

heat your juice vinegar mixture  on the stove until almost boiling cut the heat to low / simmer now mix in the cornstarch water mixture

I use a small whisk stir quick and well until it thickens and remove from heat keep stirring for a bit and it should quit stiffening up.

and it is ready  WATCH stirring it it is like hot melt glue if you splash it it will smart like hell.

next time I think I will post my fried rice recipe OR...........

Lasagna ny simple DRY NOODLE version:

A loaf of Italian bread { FOR GARLIC BREAD}

lasagna noodles 1 box  you will have enough left over to almost make another so if you have a big family double the recipe below and use all the noodles in a larger pan like a 12 X 16 inch pan

dry Italian seasoning salt & pepper

olive oil I use nothing else EVOO as is the new term...

1 pound of ground beef venison or you can use egg plant But it Must be cooked well  ground turkey etc.

1/2 an onion

a garlic bulb you need 2 cloves off it.

12 + 16  ounces of mozzarella cheese

pint of ricotta you may have a 1/4 of this left

OPTIONAL:  about a half pound of sliced provolone it will be cut into strips and used in place of some of the mozzarella

2 cans of diced tomatoes the 14.5 ounce ones

2 small cans of tomato sauce I am guessing but about 8 ounce cans

aluminum foil heavy duty is best

A cutting board 12 inch frying pan / 9X11 pan and  sheet pan for garlic bread or aluminum foil

The pound of ground meat cook well and when done add in onions and garlic below

1/2 an onion diced

couple cloves of garlic mashed and diced

the ground meat is already cooked add the garlic and onions cook until onions are semi clear Translucent.

Add a couple cans of diced tomatoes

2 cans of tomato sauce

now as much Italian seasoning as you like I use about a table spoon to 2 depends on how old the seasoning is as it ages it looses its zing.

some salt and pepper to taste

stir it up well and allow it to come to a boil / bubbling and turn off the burner

Turn  the oven to 350 degrees and get it preheated

in a 9 X 11 inch pan or a bit bigger line it with aluminum foil fit the corners  well and make sure it goes to the top edge and over the ends.

using a plain spoon {NOT SLOTTED} spoon in about a 1/4 inch of your sauce and meat now a single layer of DRY lasagna noodles

3 wide about and break one in half and lay it cross ways at the top a small gap should be between each noodle on one side or another

there may be a bigger gap not to worry the next row will fix that.

about a 1/4 inch layer of meat sauce and use ricotta cheese dice it in the cup about 1/2 X 1/2inch squares  and flick it out on the top of the sauce

almost touching each other now spread mozzarella grated  cheese over that 1/4 inch meat sauce and now off set the layers of noodles

the broken noodle on the opposite end and lay down the noodles from the other side first. it should take 3 rows deep on a normal pan

repeat this on the last row only sauce no cheese just yet put it in the oven and let it cook about an hour when it is bubbling {The Sauce is thick}

about 45 minutes take it out and lay on the ricotta and mozzarella as you did on the other rows and put it back in for another 15 minutes +

to melt and lightly brown the cheese on top.

it should be ready you can test it by using a butter knife and push it in the middle and very little juice should be seen more or less like a firm cake

but there will be a wetness to it it's lasagna not a cake, now cut and when the garlic bread is done serve.

OK if it is not swimming in juice it is done and you need to make garlic bread  crank up the oven to 450 degrees

first REAL BUTTER softened mixed will with 2 cloves of garlic

smashed & diced very fine mix with soft butter about a stick to a stick & a half {equal if from a block of butter}

spread liberally on sliced Italian bread sprinkle salt on it and lightly some Italian seasoning put on a sheet pan covered in foil

and put it on the top rack and when it is brown its ready I like mine with some black on the very edges.

If everything went well you have a cutting board frying pan spoon 9 X 11 pan and a sheet pan to clean not to bad considering.

you can add mushrooms chopped spinach etc whatever your taste to this recipe vegetarian if you like

this can be frozen in zip bags and microwaved so you should have no loss or waste

The dry noodle method cuts the cooking time and mess as well as makes a firm not sloppy lasagna the sauce on the top of the top row of noodles

gives those noodles liquid enough to cook not putting cheese on top at first keep the cheese from burning putting it on at the last 15 minutes

or so works out fairly well.

I hope you all like it.

dove pigeon quail robin red breast even squirrel but marinade over night as squirrel is tough when roasted fresh

sliced backstrap etc. I have used chicken is used but chicken breast to me has little flavor

any one of these Jalapeño peppers or bell banana to your liking

Italian salad dressing {OIL & VINEGAR  not creamy}

what ever cheese I have used cream cheese provolone pepper jack etc 

bamboo skewers  a 9X11 inch pan

breast the birds out {NO BONES} marinate in Italian dressing

cut peppers in half and remove the seeds

put a half pepper IN a breast now fill it with a chunk of cheese skewer them so the breast is on the bottom and the cheese on top

now the skewers keep them off the bottom of the pan do this if your doing it in a oven if not just put them breast down on your bar-b-q grill

not directly over the fire / coals but close about 20 minutes this is a guess I don't time anything more look feel and I check with a knife for blood

I do not eat partially cooked meat an instructor told me no one ever got worms from ashes and I believed him.

salt and pepper and you have bird / creature  hourderves  I like them served on toasted flour tortillas  I have no clue but my guess is that

most people have never eaten home made tortillas but the store bought ones can be cooked some more on a wood stove eye on your 

gas range or an electric eye on just on the fire but the burn quick so you have to watch them.

this is great with a green salad and some roasted field corn

Roasting corn

leave the shuck on put it on the grill or over a fire on a grate after about half the shuck is burned off remove it and shuck the husk off

and remove the silk use the shuck as a handle {peeled back like a banana} salt pepper & butter is all you need some

use a mixture of mayonnaise salt and chili powder & a spritz of fresh lime juice {from real Mexican limes} E'  LEMON'

if you really want this to taste good a bottle of Miller or Lone Star beer and not that lite sh*t were eating not dieting.

Egg drop soup.

1 can of cream style corn & add water to the amount of volume of the can into the soup pot.

Bring to a boil & steer.

Add 1 whipped egg & steer.

Add a pinch of black pepper for taste.

One can add half a cup of diced crab or fish or lobster meat if wanted.

Serving for 2 people. Soups on.

I make Smothered something pretty often. I look and see what I have available then brown it slightly on both sides in a big electric or stove top skillet. I actually like a mixed batch. The other day it had two boneless skinless chicken thighs, a piece of round steak and a South Texas pork rib eye. Then I peal and slice a big onion to cover the meat. Then (in this one) I put a layer of red potatoes, baby carrots, fresh green beans a few left over portabella mushrooms and sliced up on Zucchini squash. I dosed it with salt free fajita seasoning a couple dashes of Worcestershire sauce and a little sea salt. When everything was in and going I added a couple cups of water put the lid on it, set it to simmer and just forgot about it. Other than checking it occasionally to make sure the water didn't all evaporate I don't do anything to it. In this case it cooked for about 4 hours but I've done it for longer and shorter periods and it's all good. The onions will make a piece of shoe leather tender, I think, if you will cook it long enough. Sometimes I'll do a second  layer of onions on top.

This is one of those whatever you have on hand is fine sort of meals. I've added yellow squash, shredded cabbage, all sorts of potatoes,  nearly any kind of meat or veggie will work. I've done this in a slow cooker too. It is just a super easy one pot meal that allows you to clean out the fridge at the same time.

See Snake's recipe above for the ham hock and beans, we use Navy beans/white beans, which I sort and soak over night.(be patient it's good) We usually have two mor three sprial sliced hams in the freezer, after we eat one, we use the remaining hock and attached meat to go straight into the pot. We add chicken stock(homemade is best), carrots diced small, WHITE onions(yellow seem to make it too sweet)-diced small, and celery-about three stalks, also diced small. Put HALF the beans in to cook with the veggies and ham hock. Let simmer for three to four hours. We usually don't add salt as the ham hock and meat supply enough(for our tastes). When the beans are tender, take out the ham hock, set aside, then use an immersion blender (goes straight into the soup) and puree the soup mixture until creamy. Add remaining beans and  put the ham hock back in, continue cooking until remaining beans are tender-won't take that long either. Makes a great "back-burner" style of soup vcery filling and delicious.

I'm going to try Snakes' sausage and rice recipe now that I'm so darn hungry right after lunch, too.

favorite chili add in-all those used tortilla chips/crumbs at the end of the bag. We save them, then roll them with a rolling npin into as fine a corse blend as we can get it, then add that dry "masa" mixture with it's salt, into our chili. Instantly thickens the chili, proivides the salt for it as well, and gives the chili a very creamy taste and texture. Try it, good use for all those tortilla chip crumbs at the bottom of the bags.

I really like the venison beef sausage not a lot of fat and cooks pretty quickly

your recipe is similar for what I do with split pea soup ham hock and chicken stock great cheap cold weather food

add a good bread and it's a beautiful thing comfort foods my mother cooked many of these and showed me how

and every time I make them I have  fond memories what I miss is my mothers home made breads.

and clothes line dried Ironed crispy sheets and pillow cases a hot bath and slide in bed and I was out like a light.

If you have bought steak and it was tough tiy can try one method I use and that is buy cheap oil and vinegar Italian salad dressing

Take your steaks and put them in a zip lock bag, put in enough Italian dressing to cover them with a good coating.

zip it stick in the refrigerator over night and next day oil in a fry pan or put on a grill cook to your liking.

Pork in a covered bowl or a zip lock bag  apple juice make sure you turn the meat so it is not stuck together and fails to have apple juice on it

this takes 4 hours to over night  take it out of the apple juice and dump the juice now a bit of olive oil  and I use Tony Chacharies  cajun seasoning

sprinkle it on you can bake or grill this for frying I drege it in flour mix a table spoon or 2 Tony Chacharies  WITHOUT olive oil and put in a 

pre-heated Cast Iron pan medium high heat cook well turning after about  7 minutes on each side 2 times so it should take 20 to 40 minutes

depending on the thickness 3/4 inch to 1 to 1 1/2 inch.

chicken thaw coat with olive oil salt pepper and the spices you like lay out in a 9 X 11 pan lined with foil cook at 350 for about an hour   if it is a whole

chicken a tent of foil or cover with foil for 45 minutes and uncover to brown it the last 15 to 30 minutes

if the juice in the bottom of the pan is clear it is probably done, but you need to use a knife to slice the bone and make sure there is no blood.

Any sausage is better in BEER some you need to pierce with a fork 3 or 4 times each side to release oil on low so it takes a longer time to reach a boil

Brisket  first trim about half the fat off it now coat with oilve oil salt pepper garlic powder OR  rub in tony's cajun seasoning and a teaspoon of liquid smoke

sprinkled on top take 2 sheets of aluminum foil 8 + 10 inches longer than the brisket put one on top of the other even the edge and on one

edge fold over about a half inch press down now fold that half in half  and do this about 2 times you have made a oil and steam seal

this seam goes length wise in the 9X11 pan or larger as to the size of your brisket  put the brisket in the middle of the pan fat side down fold the foil

over and seam the top now roll the ends well the oven should be on 275 to 300 your sealed brisket goes in the center top for 3 to 4 hours

don't touch it except to turn it around every hour at 3 hours + you can roll back the foil to allow for browning the juice on the bottom should be clear

you can jack up the heat to 400 to get a good brown once brown remove from the oven fold the foil back over not tight like before but to hold

the steam and flavor in and don't touch it for 15 minutes at least let it rest being careful cut with a thin knife crosswise / across the grain !

baked potatoes green beans what ever.

This is my way to make fajitas I toast tortillas, add all the fixings like avocado, lettuce diced  tomato,  grated cheddar or Monterey jack  fold burrito style

And get after it.

great the next day with refried beans and fried eggs with tortillas

Goat,  well it is like brisket only need to do it on a LARGE pit fire on one end meat on the other more foil and I put cored split apples inside

coat with olive oil and rub in  tony's seasoning

Fish like catfish / bass / crappie / perch all I do is add one or 2 tablespoons tony's seasoning to each cup of corn meal more is spicier

roll and press patted dry fillets in the corn meal and fry in pre heated oil I like peanut oil but regular vegetable oil is great too 375 temp

in and out in while hot or else it soaks up oil fish is done when it breaks and is white all the way through.

for hush puppies I just use corn bread mix and add in chopped onions peppers like jalapenos tony's seasoning about 2 tablespoons

and use 2 teaspoons and dip and scrape into oil.

Tony Chcharies is Cajun seasoning salt, cayenne bell pepper onion garlic etc. it is what I would use otherwise but this makes it much easier.

you can also dehydrate your own and once dry blend it with the amount of salt you like.

I also like to dry thin sliced lemon and add a bit of comino to the blended spice mix it is hard to gauge exactly what is in certain mixes

but, trial and error you can hit on it or get close.

LOOK OUT

A serious crisis is brewing recent trips to the grocery store has made me aware that prices are going up again.

Today a label change was stated to cost 2 billion dollars tacks this on to already increasing prices and you have personal budget problem.

People are remortgaging homes to help cut expenses, unemployment is up again as well as many markers that are signs of recovery.

The prices are going up on beef and that makes no sense as the market is flooded with cattle from drought areas.

It appears that the law of supply and demand is not a law more like a sliding scale as in whatever they can slide into you.

bread up 20 cents in a month beef up again over last month now add in the new labeling or 2 billion and I fear that dollar a can

is going to be sale prices.

Commercials are touting metals over stocks and that a crash is imminent numerous youtube videos from impeccable sources.

Bank presidents, stock and bond brokers emerging market specialist and worse the crazy guy with the sign that says the world is ending,

Well, I think he split I haven't seen hide nor hair of him.

I am of the opinion that the powers that be will do everything in their power to keep the gerbil wheel spinning but eventually the gerbil will die.

Just for metal jazzersize instead of using that brain trainer on your Iphone when do you think prices will break the camels back?

As a native Californian(Northern Born and Raised) the drought in California is affecting the following prices on produce and nuts: Artichokes, cabbage, leaf lettuce, celery, tomatoes, garlic, RICE(CA grows abou 25% of the wrold's rice), plums/prunes, kiwi, peaches, apricots, walnuts, almonds pistachios, COTTON,(CA grows about 40% of the country's cotton), oranges, grape/raisins, wine grapes, hops, cattle, pork, and chicken/eggs.

The two "esteemed" US Senators from California, Boxer and Feinstein, refused to allow water from the Sacramento Delta Water project to be used to irrigate the Central Valley agriculture corridor-causing about 300,000 lost jobs and food production,(for the last four years), and the lack of snow pack in the Sierras have left the Northern California resevoirs nearly empty. Many cities are now in actual danger of running out of culinary water (drinking/cooking). With a population pushing almost 40 million people now, prices will shortrly be felt nationally as the little produce that is produced goes to market.

There are real life consequences to placing people, jobs and water/food production, below the life of a crappy fish in the Delta Water Project. Like the higher prices, please thank Senators Feinstein and Boxer, they are personally responsible for stopping that flow of water.

Present company and respectfully some more centrally inclined readers excluded ,

I do want the Cali b@stards here because they have voted

for this in their state and when they spread they never learn they vote the same ignorant failed and ruinous policies.

This is very much like the parents of latch key kids moving out of an area, citing that they are moving for their kids and all the while their

children were the problem where they were and all they are doing is spreading the disease.

I saw this when I was a kid and see it still locals know how far they can push before they have severe problems, but our government and

do gooders prevent us from disciplining children and that means an ass whipping not a lousy time out.

if you think that is harsh wait until the POPO chase them down with dogs and taze beat and body slam them You cannot protect someone

and then at some unknown future date remove that protection without kids reverting to childhood in self defense but then it is too late.

Scared straight is a perfect example when the children think they are untouchable they are in your face when the convicts on the inside

have their undivided attention the situation flips they start crying and begging to get out where as before they were insolent and unrepentant.

We are raising super villains and sociopaths look at the increasing violence and perverted murders in the last 50 years they are increasing in

Frequency and savagery, look at the Jodi Arias case,

If this was one in a decade, I would chalk it up to the law of averages, but she is one of many sick female murderers that is increasing in

Numbers year by year.

Before Charles Manson there was the onion field and the  Boston Strangler these were considered so rare now they are considered garden variety

Used to most criminals were put down now the odds are they will die of old age, this is not a solution paying tens of thousands on a waste

of breath over a child disabled or a decent elderly person is perverted because it is a choice we as a community have brought this upon

ourselves they call them million dollar defenses you know where that million dollars goes? not to the victims not to the burial of them

or even the children of the victims it goes to lawyers, NOW if we have a case that is not clear, of course we need to insure the rights of

the accused but when it is a absolute with a confession  then justice needs to be swift and final  but compassionate like lethal injection.

If they drag everyone through a trial and torment the victims and their family and still are found to be liars and only tossed the dice to

Work the system than any more brutal forms of capital punishment is applicable.

Treating a person who has taken responsibility for their actions and then turning around and treating a sociopath or a player in the same

manor is an insult to the criminal that either accepts their punishment or is contrite.

I think it is very strange that the justice system and the public {generally speaking} do not see and act on this IMO.

But this is the kind of people I do not want here in my state I don't want their gang bangers or their dope heads or any other freakazoid.

not that we don't have them it is just we have our quota and as they are local we look at them like the 3rd cousin no one likes to talks about.

Strangers ? Well, that's just too weird.

And that's what has happened over the years, some local problem has dispersed the population and their nature to the corners of our nation,

It is bad enough that Television and radio has increased the speed of stupid and ignorant to the speed of sight & sound.

Kowabunga was a word that almost died out until some mutant reptiles basically resurrected it from its very grave.

This is how heroin and cocain spread with migration from the cities one of the few I can provide evidence for is WWI. the depression  WWII

and the early 1970's and the 1980 workforce shift from some of the old major industrial areas like Chicago / Detroit area and the Steel industry.

even the coasts shifted ask any born and bred Floridian how they like left wing yankees and I think you will get an earful.

ask any upstate New York native what they think about New York city folk and WOW you get the feeling they don't like them.

Northern Californians look at southern Californians like they are aliens.

I am of the opinion this is a concerted effort to undermine the economy of the west coast for numerous reasons it is not about tree huggers

or the spotted owl or the snail darter community is strongest that has roots if you uproot and put at odds the populations it is

Estranging the generation, creating an imbalance in the grass roots cohesion.

The pay off?  Well, these political animals are at the top of their food chain and at the end of their perspective careers many have no plans

to remain in their districts once they retire so their affinity or concern for the well being of their peers is a sham.

We need to recall the Chinese that were prosecuted for illegal actions as lobbyists, today there are more foreign lobbyists than ever

And their agenda is not an American agenda if they are playing both sides against the middle or are some people turn coats

I do not know, all I do know is that under Presidents Clinton and bush there were problems with foreign diplomats and lobbyists

as well as banking  stock and bond market research & development and within the collegiate realm were being courted by foreign

powers.

This is fact, not fiction a very few had their visas pulled and a couple were convicted of bribery and illegal gifts and actions,

Is this what is happening in California I can't say, but our country is supposed to have agencies that concentrate on systemic

And internal failures, corruption and fraud in my opinion the system is broken as no large conspiracies have come to light

and in a complicated and large a system as we have it is a impossibility that some misdirection or subversion is not ongoing.

If at a local level, we have people being arrested for corruption does anyone really think that at any other level it is any different

I say to you that you're living in denial and that ain't the river in Egypt.

The assault against our nation comes from almost 200 separate nations each want's a change for their own benefit

almost all have their hand out and worse they want a defined number of their citizens as potential Americans

subversion old a culture is an old story used to the soldiers would kill the men and rape the women destroying their

Religious alters and buildings burning their records basically erasing their culture.

or take them back as Slaves and wives thus watering down the blood line and convoluting and assimilating them

many cultures no longer exist as an entity due to this practice it is successful and is still being used although covertly

But during the Serbian conflict, etc. as well as many middle east clashes the intent is to wipe out the other culture.

Is this off topic well yes and yes BUT if you forget your or have no roots in food music and other cultural aspects

what are you ?Well in my day you were called a B@stard or an orphan either were meant to be less than positive.

Ethnicity is a good thing being proud of your culture is fine, but to ignore the power that is America that allows you

that right is ignorance as Americans, we unlike Catholics, Jews or Gypsies are NOY allowed to practice their cultural

events and it does not matter if it is religious or not,

We need to be Americans first and last in our core you have the God given right by our constitution and laws to be

Whatever you want to be.

Any culture is defined by their hospitality love of family, food and decency and their willingness to share and

Accept others with different values.

SO WELCOME TO TEXAS, SEE THE ALAMO GO TO BIG BEND EAT A BURRITO VISIT A THEME PARK  RIDE A LONG HORN

HAVE A BEER AND A SHOT OF TEQUILLA NOW GET ON A BUS PLANE OR TRAIN AND LEAVE ! :lol:

Baked Pork chops with Cajun seasoning dirty rice and blue lake green beans

I figure there are plenty of dirty rice recipes on the internet this is so easy that even one of "RHE WORST COOKS"

Could crank this one out.

Rice is a time thing as well as having a pot large enough to keep it from boiling over

2 X the amount of water over rice once the rice a table spoon of butter & water starts boiling put it to low or simmer

cover the pot and wait 20 minutes see if there is any water in the bottom if so let it cook until it is gone then turn off and leave the lid

on in about 5 minutes then fluff and serve

Plain rice cooked with butter like this can be eaten as a cold breakfast cereal with honey or sugar and milk

Well, it the best knows, but waste not, want not

Cornbread is great as breakfast split butter, heat and pour on syrup or molasses.

Molasses has many trace minerals as well as a tinge of sulfur Honey is great stuff, but most everyone knows that already.

was looking for a "from scratch" version for cornbread and this suited me as for what I remember

Prepackaged is so convenient I seldom bother to make it from scratch this is Mexican corn bread but all you have to do

is ignore the cheese and vegetables and you have regular cornbread add a table spoon of sugar {any kind} and you have

What I call breakfast cornbread it is sweet and with butter and syrup or honey etc. makes a good breakfast.

you can cook sausage patties and stack in a wide mouth mason jar and can them and they last as long as the seal is good.

I know a few people that grind their own sausage with wild game meat and store it like this it is precooked ready to eat

a slab of deer sausage on breakfast  corn bread and I am in heaven

The dry buttermilk powder is available and is better than having to go buy buttermilk there are # 10 cans of survival / long term food storage

dry buttermilk powder.

any long term storage food pantry is incomplete without buttermilk powder for baking.

Here is a Recipe for HOME MADE BAKING POWDER

http://frugalliving.about.com/od/condimentsandspices/r/Baking_Powder.htm

this as well as many hints and tips are great for printing off and saving in your personal  survival notebook

Here is where Knowledge is key in hard times many people will find stores of all manner of items and want to trade

if you know what they can be used for and they don't, you're in the catbird seat knowledge is power.

But having all knowledge if you do not have the wisdom to know how to use it or recall or find it again, It is of no value

Proverbs 4:7

Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all your getting get understanding.

Twice baked potatoes...

5 lbs of potatoes foiled and baked fully (best if done the day before and chilled in icebox) the cheap thick skin kind are best

1/3 lb of bacon cooked fully and chopped

8oz sour cream (don't use the lite crap...it don't matter!)

1 flat of cream cheese

1 stick of butter

1 tea soon black pepper

1 teaspoon sea salt

1 teaspoon A1 sauce

3 drops liquid smoke

8oz shredded sharp cheddar

1/2 cup Chopped green onions (about half your usual clump from the store)

1 1/2 teaspoon of minced garlic or a pack of onion soup mix

Cut potatoes in half length wise and CAREFULLY scoop out the inside into a large mixing bowl until there is only about between a 1/4 or 3/8" of potato left on the skin.

Once you have done all the "potato boats" put the cheese, bacon, and green onions aside and mix everything else with the tater guts, add enough milk (or water if you swing that way...again it doesn't matter anymore(it will just kill you slower)) to get to the consistence of thick mashed potatoes.

Fold it 1/3 of the cheese and all the bacon.

Spoon the tater boats heaping full (use all the mix!)

Top with green onions THEN the cheese.

Bake at 375 until uncovered until they are golden brown on top.

Warn your cardioligist and dig it!

I like to add about 4 or 5 spinach leaves to the bottom of the tater boats before I fill them...tastes good and I can call them healthy then!

If you survive this, when you doctor clears you to eat solid food again...I will do my hollandaise recipe.....

Note...all teaspoon measures are heaping and approximate I do not measure anything when I cook...