Sign in to follow this  
P210SIG

How's the Weather in your area lately.

gee Wally here it is almost 80 and my blackberries are blooming I have grapes budding little babies

and I had to mow the grass weed eat and now I have to get some more weed spray & such.

I think it is going to be a hot summer we have had plenty of rain so far sometimes this signals low rainfall in late summer I hope not.

Not in my neck of the woods, but in Calgary Alberta today it snowed & hailed a few inches.

Plus there's a frost warning tonight & it's only mid Augest.

I'm getting ready for old man winter, not very pleased this year weather wise.

Summer this year, what summer. Didn't get enough......

Global warming thats the ticket Old AL knows I always imagine him doing the james bond introduction "AL,-- AL GORE"

All I know if this keeps up they are going to run out of reasons to blame global / man made weather IE global warming.

Weather is dynamic everything and anything effects it, its supposed to be that way.

Today it is 85 to 90 It may rain some more today it did yesterday after I got the yard cut and weedeated.

I was hoping it would hold off I ordered a load of dirt now it will weight too much to haul "wet"

We needed the rain I think we went over 30 days with no rain after weeks of continual rain it is not the best time to go without rain the hottest part of the year July & August I think it got to about 103 with the heat index = I think it was 108 humidity is a bear.

Looking forward to late October and hog hunting here it will probably be windy and about 35 to 50 degrees during the day cooler at night.

hit a few spots on the local area rivers and lakes & kill some fish blue cat and crappie are my main diet foods.

We get snow here once every 10 years if we need it or not, that's why I live here I hate snow unless it comes with snow bunnies on ski's  room service and a return ticket home.

AS of today, VERY smoky, with somke blowing into the area from sevral states, can't see the mountains that are less than 1/4 away from us. Burning the eyes, throat, I feel for the firefighters ON the lines dealing with these horrible fires all over the West.

Will hit 90 something farenheit today as well. "Lovely"

Christmas it was nearly 80 today the front came through and man it rained like a cow pissing on a flat rock my chickens are beginning to think they are ducks.

tonight it's about 50 and tomorrow night in the 30's man this is pneumonia weather I was wondering when we would get winter but this is not unusual

so all you global warming freaks get off the cross we need the wood.

I remember one year we went water skiing Christmas day a month later we had a Ice storm that broke records.

Weather by it's nature is extreme it is only because of central heat and air that people today freak out if you listen to the weather channel it is a disaster everyday (in different parts of the country ) before we had Doppler radar 24/7 news and cable we had no clue and it would take till the next morning before we knew either by newspaper or early TV or radio news and yes the radio was all English all the time so you could understand it.

Of course we only had AM and 3 channels if you were lucky by midnight they played the national Anthem and lights out after that the test screen until morning.

I remember Walter Cronkite Huntley & Brinkley  and John Cameron Swayze and Mutual of Omaha's wild kingdom LMAO I loved when Marlin Perkins would say, " I am watching from th boat / blind / helicopter while Jim ( Jim Fowler) wrestles a anteater monster armadillo  et etc.

Jim Fowler was tough as nails but he would get his azz kicked but keep on ticking like a Timex watch as John Cameron Swayze would say......

today I fell like a alien (not illegal) on a strange planet full of idiots ...and whining wimps and shyster  lawyers.

I'm with you Snake. I worked nights and there just wasn't anything on TV when I got home. When we first moved up into the woods in 88 we got 2 TV channels but had to go outside with big pliers to turn the antenna to change channels. There were lots of shows over the years that I just never saw. I was either working or we didn't get that channel. 

I liked the Wild Kingdom too and thought that Jim had the patience of a saint or he would have drowned Marlin several times over. I actually was more of a reader or radio person than a TV person and used to listen to the all night or late night talk radio and run a CB base station with the other night owls. That was when the John Birch Society was big. Can you imagine what they would say NOW????  

We have been under a tornado watch all day and watching the front move across Texas. It isn't a whistling Blue Norther but the temp is falling pretty fast now and the rain has stopped. We have been flooded here for over a month and this is just going to keep some of my people isolated for another 2 weeks probably. Heck, I can't even launch my boat  and go fishing because the boat ramp is so far under water that I would have to launch with my truck in 2 feet of water in the parking lot. 

About the only good thing that I can say about the weather THIS year is that we are no longer in a drought ANYWHERE in Texas!!!!!

As they say here in Texas if you don't like the weather wait 5 minutes it'll change.

I have see hail from a cloudless sky that killed cattle raining sideways tornadoes water spouts hurricanes drought so as the cracks in the ground you could loose a small child ice storms sand storms more south Texas and blizzards in the panhandle from 20 below to 110 I love it.

At least we have 9 months of summer a month of spring and fall and 2 months of winter (generally) and 300+ days of sunshine.

GOD BLESS TEXAS and He has other than some A-holes but the carry law can thin that herd LOL

An armed society SHOULD be a more polite society. I think awards should be offered for shooting a felon caught in the process of committing a crime and wouldn't really be bothered by a law making gross rudeness a justifiable cause for use of lethal force. Pass those laws and soon Texas would be a very polite and friendly place. 

Like you I've lived all over Texas. I'm a true 5th generation Texican in that my Family was here before Texas was a nation or a part of the USA and were Mexican citizens at one point.. We lived in West Texas when I was little and the dust storms out there were very memorable. South of Dallas where I was born, as you say, the cracks in that black gumbo get wide enough to break a leg in. I was raised in the swamps around Beaumont and have been through the eye of three hurricanes. I've seen from 0 to 117 degree temps and watched a thermometer drop from 82 to 36 in about 15 minutes. THAT is how fast you can go from Indian Summer in the fall to the dead of winter. 

In the last 5 years I've seen drought that killed almost all of the pine trees around me and made fires a daily worry and event. I got up each morning and checked to see where the fires were around me. Thousands of acres burned. This year we have had floods almost continuously. The thing that is odd this year was that all three of the major metropoliton areas were flooding at the same time. Dallas/Ft. Worth, San Antonio/Austin, and the Houston/Galveston areas ALL flooding over and over. For those of you not familiar with Texas, it is a BIG place and these areas are not at all close together and generally are not all hit at the same time by weather patterns. 

Between floods I worked for a nice older gentleman and his wife they had been totally isolated for a little over a month. They live on a slight hill in a Riverside subdivision. The roads were three feet deep all around them. Boats only to get to them. They are now isolated again and have been for about another month. At least they aren't lonely. When you are on the only dry land in several thousand acres of flooded timber and pastures you get a lot of visitors. He said that one morning he looked out and there were just dozens of snakes on the cement of his car port. Bunnies and wood rats were running everywhere and you never knew what you might see chasing them. 

Texas weather has always been mercurial but the last five years have gone way over the top!!

Wow, it’s been really windy in my area yesterday & today.

Had bike covers on my motorcycles, that the wind tore off the straps.

I did find the bike covers down my street, & very thankful.

I’ve now added retaining wall blocks around my bike covers, just to anker them secure.

The weather channel on my phone was not working, for some reason. So wouldn’t know how fast the wind was blowing.

I’m guessing 80-100 kph winds or higher.

OMG, it snowed in my area last night.

2 inches of the white stuff.

Cleared the snow off my bike covers this morning.

It’s a pre April fools joke from Mother Nature, not funny at all.