Sign in to follow this  
P210SIG

How's the Weather in your area lately.

time for the villagers to get out the pitch forks and torches OR use all that free advert in the mail box as rolled logs

Or let the grass grow and cut it tall and use it for heating this is why alternative energy sources to get relief from

Ball busting bills people want easy, it takes too much effort to roll your own cigarettes cuts out time to watch dancing with the stars

To tend a fire and make fuel for it like breaking up pallets making cardboard into logs hell every strip center has tons of free

Material but Americans and Canadians are too good too prosperous to Dumpster dive and too worried what their neighbors will think.

This is also a defense on the part of the gas industry if they can steal all your dollars before you have a chance to buy an alternative

To their product, they have you over a barrel and with no way to afford the alternative I looked at some corn stoves and other designs

And it blew my mind how much electrical and electronic systems were integrated into what should be a simple solution

There are non powered thermal fans at 200 bucks a pop, but the damper / vent has not been altered to use wasted heat without

Power a passive close circuit liquid radiator with a thermal fan would increase heat output exponentially.

This Garbageafacation of everything the new vehicles tout being tough and can't handle high humidity and a sensor for everything EXCEPT

Real life saving devices as in a breathalyzer sleep driving warnings and volume control when traffic is thick automatic lights at dusk

Auto braking for those damn tailgaters but we do have O2 sensors ? air has X amount of O2 period unless you're in a tunnel and the ventilation

has failed.

It amazes me that in my day we had NONE of this,   the auto industry has complicated every aspect of an automobile beating their chest

Yelling look at the mileage well hell if we would have had cut the weight and increased the gear ratios and gears we could have had the

same mileage half of a vehicle is plastic and foam my first truck had steel door panels and dash board and a lap belt and NO air bags

with less medical expertise and options and the survival rate is not worth the price it seems the more SAFE we make vehicles the more

dumbazz things people do like car surfing OMG that's smart exit car and ride on the hood car seats LMAO it take a NASA tech to

install and place a child into one. most people do not install it correctly and then go hood surfing what can I say air bags and NO ONE

pays attention to the speed / separation IE one car length per 10 mph LOOK BOTH WAYS no matter the light color verify always verify

As we have more and more sensor cameras and automatic systems the personal responsibility of humans is dwindling.

as soon as one of the these systems fail to function or does and cause a death or injury watch all the lawyers swoop in like buzzards on a gut wagon.

To my mind it is foolish and ignorant to accept responsibility for anothers actions and that is what vehicle companies have done and they will

rue the day they went down this road {pun intended}

The weather was gorgeous the pollen was low and a slight breeze and not to hot so I tried to get the shop arranged.

Wahoo almost got the shop to where I can walk without tripping over sh*t and doubled my work benches / area

16 foot of FUN all I need to do now is build a NEW pipe stand for my new pillar block buffer and grinder.

I also fluxed about 20 pounds of wheel weights and cast them into ingots as well as cast up 8 pounds of buckshot.

Now I have to build a ceiling stand for my squirrel cage fan so I can open up floor space for more SH*T

After thinking it out the last tool I want is a table top band saw and that should do it., for now.

Supposed to rain all week in my area.

With the weather channel saying with the average temperature of 23 degrees C or 13 degrees F .

And it's the end of July.

Not pleased with the weather at all this year.

Wacky weather. :angry:

I had posted last year about this time and just edited that post to show we are getting a rerun of nasty weather.  Any of you seen the scientist who says the warmers are nuts?  He has supposedly hit the nail on the head for several predictions but none of the politically correct crowd will agree with him because their funding would dry up.   With the nut jobs we have in government we will be really lucky not to become a third world country in the next five years regardless of who gets voted in in Washington.    It is sad to see so many intelligent? people with their heads so far up their A holes that they think they see stars at the end of the tunnel .... when it is actually the oxygen cutting off. 

LOL Partsman your right.

it is so strange that it is fact that global warming is a proven farce and yet we still have people that will not let it go.

I think the gene pool is tainted as any poll or man on the street interviews you see some person who for all exterior obsevations seem normal

and then they open their mouth and they say the strangest things or are oblivious to recent news or politicians names or world events.

but it seems they all know the global warming mantra word for word.

mental zombies now that is scary IMO.

I'm in Whitehorse Yukon, and the last 4 days it has been +2-+5c. That is +34-+36 for you American guys. Can't remember temps like this in 40 years. Before that it was -35c for 3days. Must be that climate change thing. Not complaining, easy on the fuel bill. Cheers jim

Hope you &  yours doing well Wally.

Glad it's nice there it is great here also sunny and in the 60's no need to use electricity so maybe this month I will get a reprieve from

the utility monster.

Used to live in Seattle very beautiful there but still to much winter for my liking these 3 week texas winters are almost still to long.

I am a more tropical below 1000 foot guy :D but I don't mid visiting anywhere for a few days I get home sick quick.