Sign in to follow this  
Mrdahut

day after tommorow ????

http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1002/jgrc.20091/abstract

I live near a north east maritime research center. The buzz going around in their circles is that since sandy there has been a major reduction in speed of the gulf stream.. current theory is that it could collapse in as little as 5 years.

The climate decay seen in day after tomorow would take another 5 to 20 years. Thats 25 years till manhattan is under ice cap

The whole "climate change" or "global warming" alleged threat, has been SOUNDLY trounced as being false. I put zero stock in the claims that the polar ice caps are receding, etc.

The whole "climate change" thing is utter nonsense from my readings and research, and I have never claimed to have invented the internet either. So, my credibility in what I believe is far more scientific and factually based than the main blowhards (flatulence) espousing this scam. Just my personal opinion.

Well I must say there is a lot of fact manipulation on both sides of the argument. But one can not ignore that there is a change in the climate. Its source on the other is entirely able to be debated.

Even the ancient climate events that model the effects of atlantic thermocline shut down have debate as to how much it effected over climate. Still its no doubt that there is a direct correlation between gulf stream and water levels on us eastern coast. As well as temperatures. Strength of that effect is what is debatable. Being an admitted prepper in plan for worst and hope for best.

A few things knocking around in my head...

During the time of Shakespeare, Europe experienced a 'mini' ice age. The Gulfstream helps to warm England and parts of mainland Europe, I can't help but wonder if the Gulfstream shift is cyclic and this is the portion of the cycle where it shifts to cause a cooling of Europe.

I don't believe that we have been keeping records long enough or the ability to monitor all the variables that effect climate across the planet to be able to say what causes what.

Just my two cents worth.

While one thing is "warming" the planet another is "cooling" it.  Our energy consumption is ? creating a heating effect while at the same time scientists say that the sun is entering a "cool" period of its life cycle.  The Gulf stream is little understood as has been noted.  It is very likely that we will see several changes in the climate in the coming years.....how we cope will be the question. 

IT'S THE END OF THE WORLD____________RUN MF!!!!!

Well it might be but I doubt it very seriously we have more to worry about, like chemical spills and other stupid people tricks.

My personal concern right now is that we are getting news from Virgina that the cleanup is working ??? now just how in the hell does

one clean and filter a whole states worth of water after all they told everyone not to even bathe much less use it for animals.

So pray tell me oh significant ones just how does one clear and purge all the lines and streams much less the rest of the water

and now I see where it is going to rain.

When I went to school water spread chemicals like this is this hydroscopic? seems to be made into a black swan event

and now we are suppose to belive that someone waved a magic wand and made it all better.

LOL and I see where the news cycle has run out already but what is the long term effect ? and like BP will they get a government pass

and the public gets stuck with the tab.

I relay this like you having a eatery and YOU  serve bad burger of which you did not slaughter or grind store cool freeze or ship and have no

control untill it comes into your business but if a group of people get sick your destroyed but a mega corporation can make a apology

and pay a pittance and is off the hook and still in business LMAO America the Beautiful blah blah blah -____-----

there are businesses in Louisiana that have gone broke and the families in ruin because the goverment limited liability and insurance companies

were protected like royalty.

And people that paid insurance were screwed I wonder if that is exactly the same thing that will happen to all those people in Virginia

loss of business loss of wages for those that work in industries that need water to function ???? I'am willing to bet that this company will be still running

when those effected will still be in bankrutpcy court, or living under a bridge.

Global Warming; Dream on that is the least of our worries!

The FACT of the matter is, when it comes to the global warming thing, is that we may indeed be in a warming cycle...OR on the verge of another period of increased glaciation (ice age). We have lived for almost 800 years in a period of mostly unprecedented climatically mild stability.

The Vikings actually settled Greenland and had a successful colony there a thousand years ago with grazing lands for their sheep and forests for fuel and building materials. The climate changed and they froze during what is called the “Little Ice Age” 400 or 500 years ago.

10,000 or so years ago New York was under a mile of ice! Then “Global Warming” happened and it melted away raising the sea levels possibly as much as 600 feet! Many of the small seas and such that we see today were rich valleys and settled planes 10,000 to 15,000 years ago including the Mediterranean sea and the Persian gulf. The Black Sea was a fresh water lake and the world weather pasterns were VERY different from now.

Things change! That is just a fact. Saddly science is now all about making money and not doing science so instead of preparing for a REAL possible problem we are acting like WE are the cause and wasting time and energy on silly and useless programs. We didn't cause the last “Global Warming” Now did we cause the last Ice Age or the Little Ice age.

As a species, unfortunately, we are in desperate need of something that will help us as a species before we become so specialized and feeble that the next little quirk in our worlds environment just wipes us out as a species.

With the advent of birth control we began to DE-evolve. Smart, successful people are having fewer and fewer kids while the lowest and least prepared are having more and more kids. In the past that wasn't a problem. People that couldn't or wouldn't work and support their offspring had an infant mortality that was MANY times higher than those better suited. Now the best have few or no kids and also support and care for those that actually can't take care of themselves much less their kids.

Some studies indicate that the average IQ in the US has dropped 15 points since WW2 when they started testing and keeping such information. You have to realize that with each generational period the problem grows GEOMETRICLY!

TEOTWAWKI has already started! We are standing on a margin right now. The longer it goes before things just collapse, the worse the final fall will be. If we go too far, I'm not sure that we will make it as a species. For sure, the US is in DEEEEP water already. In our effort to MAKE all people “equal” we have lowered the top down to the levels of the bottom because we COULDN'T raise the bottom to the top. Our companies can't compete with other countries if the advancement and management is based on ANY factor other than ability, performance and experience.

The question isn't IF the weather paterns will change; it is WHEN will they change. It isn't a question IF we are going to get hit with some sort of big space rock; it is WHEN. The same is true of world wide vulcanization, changes in ocean currents or any other of the end of the world scenarios.

If we allow ourselves as a species to just wind down and get stupid the REAL question won't be CAN we survive, rather, do we deserve to survive.